Thread: QUIZ: Which Shakespearean Archetype Are You?

TIM
    GOTh
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default QUIZ: Which Shakespearean Archetype Are You?

Quiz can be taken here.

My results are as follows.

Okie dokie.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon

9w8 so/sx || Scorpio ↑ Scorpio ☼ Gemini ☾ || Slytherin

Fire Rat || Anaconda || Swan || Aphrodite

& you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

& any two things
    together is a terror.

Everything Will Be Ok.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    960 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

THE POWERFUL QUEEN

The Weinstein Company

Perhaps you are Titania, fairy queen of the forest. Or maybe you’re Cleopatra, clever queen of Egypt. Possibly you’re Lady Macbeth, who becomes queen of Scotland in the fullness of time. The point is there are many ways to be a queen, and whether you live or die depends entirely on how many murders you committed, oversaw, or actively encouraged during your reign. (Unless you are Anne Boleyn, in which case good luck with that.)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst part of this was 20th Century Fox.

Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    4 Delta NF
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE HEROINE WHO'S TOO CLEVER BY HALF

The Samuel Goldwyn Company

You are the Desdemona, the Portia, the Rosalind, the Cleopatra. Maybe you are even the Beatrice, but don’t get your hopes up—very few of us are actually witty enough to be the Beatrice of our social circles. Depending on whether you’re in a comedy or a tragedy, you will either wind up happily married to a man for whom you have vaguely positive feelings (Portia, Rosalind, Beatrice) OR you will die because of a really unfortunate misunderstanding (Desdemona, Cleopatra). It’s one or the other, really.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225 cry's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

THE FOOL

Wikimedia Commons

You are the fool, and let me tell you, a Shakespearean fool is the best kind of fool to be. You may technically be classed as a jester, a clown, or a porter, but whatever the case, you will spend most of the play threading an impressive needle between “guy who’s serving up some comic relief” and “guy who’s constantly dropping truth bombs.” Basically, you are the only person who sees what’s really going on. Unfortunately, the main characters will almost certainly ignore everything you’re saying, which is, you know, a bummer.

TIM
    GOTh
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Namira View Post

THE FOOL

Wikimedia Commons

You are the fool, and let me tell you, a Shakespearean fool is the best kind of fool to be. You may technically be classed as a jester, a clown, or a porter, but whatever the case, you will spend most of the play threading an impressive needle between “guy who’s serving up some comic relief” and “guy who’s constantly dropping truth bombs.” Basically, you are the only person who sees what’s really going on. Unfortunately, the main characters will almost certainly ignore everything you’re saying, which is, you know, a bummer.
    Fools and jesters were some of the best jobs someone could have back then. Yes it was their job to be laughed at and dress like a colorful loon but they were paid much much more compared to peasants, had their own quarters in a fucking castle or mansion, ate great food that had actual nourishment, had access to decent clothes when they weren't in costume, and a lot of the time if their humor got them into trouble (which it often did) their wit would turn the situation into a joke and get them out of hot water. Sometimes, they would even bond with their employers and inherit riches from them after they passed. Pretty good deal for the times then.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon

9w8 so/sx || Scorpio ↑ Scorpio ☼ Gemini ☾ || Slytherin

Fire Rat || Anaconda || Swan || Aphrodite

& you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

& any two things
    together is a terror.

Everything Will Be Ok.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fool
    Wikimedia Commons

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another fool join in.

This thread turns... slowly but surely... into a gathering of fools.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Another fool join in.

This thread turns... slowly but surely... into a gathering of fools.
    https://youtu.be/gjNw4Z6WykY

TIM
    Ni-EIE 461 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got "The Flawed Hero" too :/
    凸(`△´+)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>powerful queen

?!?!?what?!?!?!

Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    4 Delta NF
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXdedXx View Post
    I got "The Flawed Hero" too :/
    I type Romeo EIE

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE HEROINE WHO'S TOO CLEVER BY HALF (I'm a dude)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE FLAWED HERO
    20th Century Fox
    You are the hero of this play called life, but you are plagued by inner demons and glaring personality flaws. You are the Romeo, the Hamlet, the Macbeth, the Othello. You’re a good person, mostly, but you’re also impulsive, or vengeful, or ambitious, or jealous and easily tricked by dubious ensigns. You will make one mistake, and then also like twelve more mistakes just to bring it all home, and then? Well, then you will die. (But that’s just the worst-case scenario.)
    I guess.

TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

THE GIRL WHO'S CONSTANTLY DISGUISING HERSELF AS A BOY FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER

I don't know anything about you or your life, but I know that you will, at some point, see fit to disguise yourself as a boy. You will do this by wearing a hat or an overcoat, and everyone will be 100% deceived. See Viola from Twelfth Night, Portia from The Merchan of Venice, and Rosalind from As You Like It. Whether you are disguised as a man for all of the play or just some of the play depends entirely on if you are shipwrecked twin, a rich heiress saving the day, or the beautiful daughter of an exiled duke.
    Last edited by Tommy; 05-18-2020 at 03:19 AM. Reason: missing letters

TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE POWERFUL QUEEN

The Weinstein Company

Perhaps you are Titania, fairy queen of the forest. Or maybe you’re Cleopatra, clever queen of Egypt. Possibly you’re Lady Macbeth, who becomes queen of Scotland in the fullness of time. The point is there are many ways to be a queen, and whether you live or die depends entirely on how many murders you committed, oversaw, or actively encouraged during your reign. (Unless you are Anne Boleyn, in which case good luck with that.)

^ I have always identified strongly with Lady Macbeth
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

fool

Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE FOOLWikimedia CommonsYou are the fool, and let me tell you, a Shakespearean fool is the best kind of fool to be. You may technically be classed as a jester, a clown, or a porter, but whatever the case, you will spend most of the play threading an impressive needle between “guy who’s serving up some comic relief” and “guy who’s constantly dropping truth bombs.” Basically, you are the only person who sees what’s really going on. Unfortunately, the main characters will almost certainly ignore everything you’re saying, which is, you know, a bummer.
    Tumblr

“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”
    ~Karl Lagerfeld