IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts?

So I'm IEI, which means Ni base.
    So, Ti mobilizing Se dual-seeking.
    So wouldn't this make it that I prefer/crave Se more in people than Ti?

Except, I noticed that in friendships/relationships the person being Ti/Fe but preferably Ti is the most important factor in whether I like them the most. I simply don't feel very (psychologically?) comfortable around Fi/Te the way I do with Ti/Fe. Although I get along with them just fine and even have some quite close friendships with Fi types (less so Te for obvious reasons), but I couldn't never feel as comfortable around them as with Ti/Fe types.
    If the person is Se/Ni it's a nice plus, but it seems to not be as big a factor in who i am most psychologically compatible with

I would think that being I'm a Ni base, I would more markedly more inclined/higher preference (sry I can't english) for Ni/Se people (versus Ne/Si), but the judging functions/my creative slash mobilizing seem to be more important in what I subconsciously prefer in people.

Please tell me if you have any thoughts, if you relate in some way..

EDIT: I guess i should've added.. I am Se dual-seeking. I consciously (at least, since i've learned about socionics) desire it and crave it. I know a lot of the time people don't consciously seek their suggestive but i certainly do.

The nuance is that it's not that the individual i'm close with has to have Se. I'm just fine with Ne, for example.
    But with the judging functions, it's almost like a requirement, in order for me to feel really comfortable with them to the point of wanting to get really close with them. After that, whether they have Ne/Si or Ni/Se isn't of as paramount importance.
    nice plus if they do have Se/Ni tho.
    Last edited by persimmonism; 05-31-2020 at 04:03 AM.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same thing for me. It might be because Ti/Fe people don't trigger my Te polr as much as Te/Fi people do. I also have an EIE friend who is more comfortable with gammas than with alphas. However when I was a kid 2 of my best friends were gammas (ILI and SEE) so idk. Now I don't get along with them as good as I used to.

The thing with the way alpha's Si/Ne manifest is that I can choose to simply not engage with it. But I can't just ignore gamma Te/Fi. It's also easier for me to communicate with Ti/Fe people because they often seem to be more accepting of me being very animated or bipolar-ish. This means that I don't feel the need to censor myself. With Te/Fi I tend to feel like I need to watch my mouth.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post

Except, I noticed that in friendships/relationships the person being Ti/Fe but preferably Ti is the most important factor in whether I like them the most. I simply don't feel very (psychologically?) comfortable around Fi/Te the way I do with Ti/Fe. Although I get along with them just fine and even have some quite close friendships with Fi types (less so Te for obvious reasons), but I couldn't never feel as comfortable around them as with Ti/Fe types.
    If the person is Se/Ni it's a nice plus, but it seems to not be as big a factor in who i am most psychologically compatible with

I would think that being I'm a Ni base, I would more markedly more inclined/higher preference (sry I can't english) for Ni/Se people (versus Ne/Si), but the judging functions/my creative slash mobilizing seem to be more important in what I subconsciously prefer in people.

Lol why? <.<.. I'm curious..

Many IEIs suffer from hesitation and uncertainty about the ultimate accuracy of their views. They also may be inclined to assimilate information indiscriminately from an eclectic and sometimes unreliable range of sources, which can in the long run serve to further their confusion. They appreciate a sense of certainty in others; they may appreciate the unfailing assuredness of the beliefs of their SLE duals, whose tenacity and confidence free them from their plaguing doubts.
    ^
    |
    Ti activating

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEIs tend to strive for things that other people around them set as ideals, and not follow their own good sense. Their desires often take precedence over their needs; many seem to be attracted by an image rather than a real person; and more than a few regret their decisions once they focus on the person behind the image. I used to jokingly say that they'd go for a smurf because blue was in fashion. When they don't care as much about how others would see them, their personal choices seem to be much more suitable.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 05-27-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: editorial

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If your experience does not fit to core theory, than more probably types are other than that theory is wrong. Novices make more mistakes.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se seeking doesn't mean that this is what a person is inherently attracted to. Many people are repulsed by their duals since they're not in used to being exposed to the functions that their duals use. In the case of you being IEI, you may even dislike people who are too "brutish", are too showy, etc. With Ti mobilizing, I think it's more about showing off knowledge and being super embarrassed when they're wrong even about trivial things (I see this in IEI and SEI all the time). Intense curiosity in hobbies plays a part, as does building somewhat of a database or a framework of interests from what I understand.

If you're Fe/Ti then of course you're not going to prefer Fi/Te types since they're going to seem closed off and dry both emotionally and with their humor, or too "copy paste" and not investigative enough with their knowledge and facts.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Lol why? <.<.. I'm curious..
    sorry I can't help it..
    but unless the person is Te subtype then it usually doesn't make me too uncomfortable that I really can't stand being around them.. not that i hold anything particular against them or that it's their fault.
    but. i do think SLIs are the funniest people

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    It's the same thing for me. It might be because Ti/Fe people don't trigger my Te polr as much as Te/Fi people do. I also have an EIE friend who is more comfortable with gammas than with alphas. However when I was a kid 2 of my best friends were gammas (ILI and SEE) so idk. Now I don't get along with them as good as I used to.

The thing with the way alpha's Si/Ne manifest is that I can choose to simply not engage with it. But I can't just ignore gamma Te/Fi. It's also easier for me to communicate with Ti/Fe people because they often seem to be more accepting of me being very animated or bipolar-ish. This means that I don't feel the need to censor myself. With Te/Fi I tend to feel like I need to watch my mouth.
    Yeah, that's what it is! I feel like i need to watch my mouth with Te/Fi.
    Ironically, I think that Te/Fi may feel like they need to watch their mouths around me?

I have essentially no betas in my life, but my closest friends are alpha NTs. I have some delta NF friends, but it's like there's a veil separating us.

I wonder if other people, other types feel this friction in the case of Ne/Si versus Ni/Se. Or maybe it's more the T/F thing. I imagine it's the latter.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If your experience does not fit to core theory, than more probably types are other than that theory is wrong. Novices make more mistakes.
    Sol, it's not about my experience and core theory being at odds. I'm simply trying to understand this thing I've been thinking about recently with the input of others.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think dual seeking functions are necessarily something 'you crave' but more like something you really miss and realize that u needed when you don't have it anymore. I mean, I don't think you crave it consciously all that much like you do with the mobilizing function.

Given that LSI is IEI's activity partner, we probably do 'crave' Ti more than Se, socionically speaking- so it's nothing to really worry about. Activity partners are probably a lot more likely to be 'ooh I really like that!' and stuff than duality even, I think with duals that takes a lot more time/build up... or more objective things to solidify it.

And I will say that if Se is 'too over the top' it is actually NOT a turn off for me and it's pretty repulsive and scary. I think based on what I have said here, people might get the impression I would be turned on if a SLE female was overly cruel to somebody else or if a SLE male pistol whipped some innocent Delta bank teller in the back of their head while showing off their glistening, homoerotic body. Okay that would wo- no nevermind. Just kidding. I wouldn't like that, I promise. I'd most likely be horrified or just confused/paralyzed not 'stimulated' by that. I mean my basic point is there are limits... and if it's 'too much' it's kind of a turn off. Socially it's probably safer to try and get me motivated by putting people in cute and funny Ti categories.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 05-28-2020 at 02:26 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s more normal than not, especially for IEIs IME

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's what it is! I feel like i need to watch my mouth with Te/Fi.
    Ironically, I think that Te/Fi may feel like they need to watch their mouths around me?

I have essentially no betas in my life, but my closest friends are alpha NTs. I have some delta NF friends, but it's like there's a veil separating us.
    I know for sure that deltas feel like they have to watch their mouth around me but I don't know about gammas.

I know what you mean by this veil separating you from deltas. It's the same for me, misunderstandings happen easily so it gets awkward very quickly.

I wonder if other people, other types feel this friction in the case of Ne/Si versus Ni/Se. Or maybe it's more the T/F thing. I imagine it's the latter.
    Like I said I have an EIE friend who has a hard time dealing with alphas and prefers gammas. But I don't think that we can make it a rule. Different factors may come into play, like for example the quadra values we have been exposed to the most in the past so they are the ones we feel the most comfortable around. For example, both my parents are fe ego and it might explain why to this day I still prefer hanging out with alphas rather than with gammas. Most of my friends are betas though (mostly EIEs and LSIs).

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, then you are not IEI

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Well, then you are not IEI
    WRONG

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    WRONG
    Leave me alone

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leave me alone
    Are you leaving innocent IEIs alone? Gtfo

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you leaving innocent IEIs alone? Gtfo
    Am I an IEI?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I an IEI?
    No. That’s why you can gtfo

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No. That’s why you can gtfo
    Ok bye

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with some of the previous posts. People don't "crave" the suggestive function. I often find an ostensive use of Ne annoying because I cannot follow what the person is talking about. Both IEE and ILEs are annoying as hell when they show off their Ne, and I am just like "ok, whatever".

It is not just about the product of the function. The functions themselves are psychic objects or objects of consciousness. You can notice the functions even when the person is not giving any clear display of it.

Take supervision for example. It's not like the supervisor has to show off his main function in order to make the supervisee uncomfortable. It is more subtle. The psyche of both the supervisor and supervisee "react" with each other automatically.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess i should've added.. I am Se dual-seeking. I consciously (at least, since i've learned about socionics) desire it and crave it. I know a lot of the time people don't consciously seek their suggestive but i certainly do.

The nuance is that it's not that the individual i'm close with has to have Se. I'm just fine with Ne, for example.
    But with the judging functions, it's almost like a requirement, in order for me to feel really comfortable with them to the point of wanting to get really close with them. After that, whether they have Ne/Si or Ni/Se isn't of as paramount importance.