Thread: Attachment styles pop culture video, who are you?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attachment styles pop culture video, who are you?

thought this would be an interesting take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP-nPJbTgTs

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Avoidant 100%. Every 1-3 years starting from the age of 6 I had a new best friend or friend group. It was certainly more enjoyable in the beginning few years because making friends and talking about ideas was easy as a kid, but gradually it just wore on my emotional reserves every year that had passed, & other people had more stable and well-built relations to prefer and fall back on.

I usually act more socially extraverted at first, and I can be very forward and quick with talking to new people. But it's always shocking to me when someone actually ignores my facade and wants to talk about furthering things past discussions and less feely talk.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Namira View Post
    Avoidant 100%. Every 1-3 years starting from the age of 6 I had a new best friend or friend group. It was certainly more enjoyable in the beginning few years because making friends and talking about ideas was easy as a kid, but gradually it just wore on my emotional reserves every year that had passed, & other people had more stable and well-built relations to prefer and fall back on.

I usually act more socially extraverted at first, and I can be very forward and quick with talking to new people. But it's always shocking to me when someone actually ignores my facade and wants to talk about furthering things past discussions and less feely talk.
    Beware, the third type is a combination of the avoidant and the anxious. I'm hoping you watched the whole video haha. EDIT: Am I the only one that only watches part of a video then skips?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been 2. But I've flipped to 1 as it's more stable for me. I try to avoid relationships and have used fiction to have "relationships" with others who can feel real to me even though they are not. If I go into 2 mode it tends to be traumatic for me, because it makes me feel so terrible that I can't bear myself.