Thread: What attracts and repels you in a person?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    That doesnt sound like ESE to me? Couod be wrong sorry to bother u about it.
    I'm assuming that you're referring to intelligence, which really has nothing to do with type. Type usually indicates how intelligence may be applied and I've met smart and stupid of every type - also insecure and elitists of every type......

a.k.a. I/O

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I'm assuming that you're referring to intelligence, which really has nothing to do with type. Type usually indicates how intelligence may be applied and I've met smart and stupid of every type - also insecure and elitists of every type......

a.k.a. I/O
    Seeking unique insight kind of "intelligence" and disliking "over the top friendly jolly" ppl sounds more like the opposite to ESE. It seems you are more attracted to alpha NT traits than to your dual's.
    Last edited by Faith; 05-08-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Seeking unique insight kind of "intelligence" and disliking "over the top friendly jolly" ppl sounds more like the opposite to ESE. It seems you are more attracted to alpha NT traits than to your dual's.
    You seem to be implying that ESE can never be insightful or intelligent, or have a somewhat sombre nature; I disagree.
    If my history is any indication, I've been attracted to more ESIs than any other type - and yes, like all other types, ESI can also be insightful and intelligent......

a.k.a. I/O

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    You seem to be implying that ESE can never be insightful or intelligent, or have a somewhat sombre nature; I disagree.
    I never said that. You said unique insight, and sensors are not typically "unique". Don't put words in my mouth.

Unique: being the only existing one of its type or, more generally, unusual, or special in some way.

If my history is any indication, I've been attracted to more ESIs than any other type - and yes, like all other types, ESI can also be insightful and intelligent......

a.k.a. I/O
    Then, mb you are not attracted to unique insight, rather, just insight or insight related to physical world or interpersonal relations etc. That's mb not even unique, but mb you perceive it as "unique" due seeing just your own perspective as "normalcy" in such areas (subjective 1D perception in other words). Then, over the top friendly and jolly doesn't match much ESE.

Anyway, I really don't care to what traits you feel attracted to. Was just clarifying N9 socionics comment. Or mb you were just twiddling.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Seeking unique insight kind of "intelligence" and disliking "over the top friendly jolly" ppl sounds more like the opposite to ESE
    I'm tempted to type a person I know as ESE and I wouldn't say over top friendly jolly applies. ESEs can be chronic worriers; if they sense a negative consequence coming their way any trace of friendliness can just vanish and they go business mode. They worry and have push-through personalities, so they are good at planning ahead and with money, generally. The type of person that does well in their profession or that has secretly amassed a small fortune over the years.

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    I'm tempted to type a person I know as ESE and I wouldn't say over top friendly jolly applies. ESEs can be chronic worriers; if they sense a negative consequence coming their way any trace of friendliness can just vanish and they go business mode. They worry and have push-through personalities, so they are good at planning ahead and with money, generally. The type of person that does well in their profession or that has secretly amassed a small fortune over the years.
    that sounds ESI to me. My mom is ESE and a good friend of mine too. My ESE mom is actually not good to save money and none of them both find easy to make it either. :/ They both are friendly and cheerful. They don't have business mode. They have friendly mode, unfriendly mode, which are not related to business. They both are not good at planning ahead. They are responsible workers, though.

I know ESI who's good at saving and making money. I know SEE who's good for making money, but not saving. Both seem in need for advice in what and how to invest (ie. how to make their money work for them instead of the opposite).