Thread: Type me questionnaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me questionnaire

PERSONAL CONCEPTS

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is something partly subjective that I find difficult to define tbh. Generally speaking, I'd say it's the sum of the qualitites that makes something pleasant to senses and/or to the mind.

Love is adrenaline, serotonine, dopamine, vasopressin and oxcytocin but, if I have to describe it in my own words, I think it's a strong connection you have with someone else.

2. What are your most important values?

Friendship, (intellectual) honesty, peace, freedom, truth, empathy.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I don't because there's no religion I know about that could help me to better understand the world by following it. However I am interested in learning about different religions (and religious belief).

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

Even tho I find military strategies interesting, I think that better solutions can be found to war, even tho it's not always easy and/or the shortest path. Power has many definitions, it depends on which sense you mean. That said, the first definition that came to my mind is "Political or social authority or control, especially that exercised by a government", but I think that's because the first part of the question involved war and military, and not because it is in general the first definition I'd give of power.

INTERESTS

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

Lately I've had conversations about everyday life, how to improve it (how to better organize the day, exams, job, and so on) and the various problems, especially those regarding mental health, that may occur. In fact in this period it's pretty common feeling sad and/or hopeless and/or lost and/or angry sometimes, and talking about it helps. With friends I've also talked about our interests and projects for when quarantine will be over.
    When I was younger (6-3 years ago) I used to have more "philosophical" conversations. I have now lost basically any interest in them if about subjects that can (potentially) be explained scientifically, for example "what is the mind?", or if they generally lead nowhere, like "what is the meaning of life in general?".

Talking about interests I like reading (to learn new things), listening to music (bc helps me to relieve stress), playing the piano (same), video-games (same), table rpgs (same), learning new things (including new "skills" like how to play a certain strategy game or juggling or learning how to write with the non dominant hand etc.), science, literature, anime, puzzles, singing and dancing.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes but not that much. The aspect that interests me the most in this sense is the diet. I am absolutely not obsessed over it but I like to learn about what benefits different types of diet could bring and properties of foods (it's a really recent interest tho). I am not particularly focused on my body but I try to pay attention to what I eat and try to exercise every day for at least 30mins/1hour.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I like some of them and hate certain others. I enjoy cleaning and tiding. Seeing things clean and ordered (especially clean), and realising how things have changed, gives a sense of satisfaction to me. I instead really dislike cooking and do the grocery. The former because, well, I suck at it (I have no patience) and the latter simply because it's boring and tiring most of the time.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Dostoevkij and Turgenev are my favourite authors. I love Russian literature in general and I've considering taking a mojor in it. My favourite books include (not considering those of the authors I've just named 'cause I would include them all) "Les illusions perdues"(Balzac), "Operette Morali" (Leopardi), "Ivanhoe" (Scott), "Melmoth the wanderer" (Maturin), "Mėrtvye duši" (Gogol'), "ASOIAF" (Martin). I also enjoy scientific essays, especially about relativity, quantum physics, properties of materials and biology.
    I am not fond of films but I follow/ed a few TV series: BBC Sherlock, Elementary, Criminal Minds, The Good Doctor and The Dragon Prince.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Mostly bad grades and failed exams lol. In general I cry when I feel I've deluded my expectations or those of my loved ones and, sometimes, when I am really angry. I also cry out of joy. I cry pretty easily tbh ahaha (I try not to do it when there are other people tho).

I smile when I see someone happy (even in anime/film), when I am satisfied, when I notice something I consider beautiful.

10. Where do you feel at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

1) Places where I've been when I was a child, my home 2) Where I feel appreciated 3) In the nature (I like walks in the nature, enjoying the smell of grass and flowers and feeling the wind blowing through the hair).

EVALUATION & BEHAVIOUR

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Too indecisive, proud, stubborn, whants to organize others, overthinks, apprehensive, pretty low self-esteem, social interctions, easily irritated, lack of motivation (in certin areas, namely study). The last point, however, is true only if I have to study alone: when I have to prepare an exams with other people or have to do a group project I'm way more motivated and focused and I generally help others to stay focused too. I think that's because in a group I feel that I am responsible not only to myself but also to others. Some people also say that I care too much about others and about their opinion.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Kindness, good listener, good at seeing different perspectives and analysing, determination/persistance, creative, curious, cautious, cheerful.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I think that the main area in which I need help is managing emotions. I experience feelings pretty intensely but I am not good at showing them, especially the negative ones (with the exception of anger). In particular I often feel anxyous and I don't know what I have to do to make the anxiety go away (I even went to a terapist for this problem). I tend to keep things for myself and have problems to open up because I need a long time to trust people and because I don't see it as necessary

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I think I've never been stuck in a serious rut.

PEOPLE & INTERACTIONS

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like straightforwordness without being rude, determination, positivity and openess to ideas/theories, ability to focus. I mainly dislike the opposite of the qualities I've listed plus those who openly consider themselves superior to others in an arrogant way. Besides people who don't think about the conseguences of their actions and/or show total lack of empathy make me angry, unless there are medical reasons to justify their behaviour.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I am open about it but I am not interested in sex and I am not very romantic. In a partner I like patience, similar interests (it's not exactly a quality but I'd like to have some topics to talk about with him lol), openess. Besides I like someone who can be supportive and who is able to calm me down.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I'd like him/her to grow strong and indipendent but also "humble" and to always have what he/she needs. I think that the first step should be having a stable economical condition that should be achieved before having a child. When he/she is a kid, I'd try to make sure he/she has a space outside to freely play and come into contiact with nature, animals included (with the necessary precautions obviously). I think I'd let him/her follow his/her own path and take important decisions by him/herself.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

At first, both inwardly and outwardly, I am annoyed but I also want to understand why he/she thinks that. So I try to understand his/her reasons. Outwordly I aks questions and inwardly I try to analyze his/her words. Then I state my opinion. At the end I could even change my mind. However, if the topic is something I've tought a lot about and/or I've already debated it with someone else and/or I have a strong opinion and I'm confident about it, I firstly state my opinion (that's pretty rare tho).

19. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

When I was a child (till elementary school) I tryed to be friend with everyone and usually did the first moove; I simply went to another child and said "wanna be friends?" ahaha. Later I became way more reserved, even tho I've always been pretty shy. Anyway I choose friends mostly based on their interests and their personality and, to a certain degree, beliefs. That said I am not good at keeping in contact with people I meet, even tho I like them, so it's not easy to me making new freinds even if I'd like to.

How I behave around them depends on the grade of confidence but in general I don't talk much. However I often am the one to propose activities and or say "let's do something" when everyone is quiet, sometimes by starting to do something myself, hoping that others will follow me.

(Probably a bit off topic but thought it was worth mentioning: I dislike it when I am doing something with other people and they go offtopic (if we are having a conversation) and/or can't stay focused. It makes me feel like I am wasting time).

20. How do you behave around strangers?

Usually I am awkard and don't know how to behave, so I try to be polite and hope for the best lol. When I know I'll have to meet strangers and if I have the chance, I ask to the people I know (relatively) well who know them how I am supposed to behave around them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't write much because I don't know which info will be relevant, but if you have any question feel free to ask!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

make a video with a tale what movie you've liked recently and why
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get any strong impression from your answers, EII-Ne, SEI-Si or LII-Ne maybe.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Ne - Si valuing. Most likely Alpha quadra, like myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done! I talked about a book instead of a movie because I couldn't think about one I would be able to talk about for a useful period of time (I red that the video should be more than 10 minutes long) without checking the plot and the names of the characters first.I took this "liberty" because I guess that body language and speech patterns and how someone talks about a certain topic are more important than the topic itself in visual typology (correct me if I am wrong).
    Anyway...I hope it isn't too boring ahaha

https://youtu.be/UjkRvZxmZfo
    Last edited by Deithwen; 05-27-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

T
    most possible: ENTJ, ENTP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to anyone who answered! So far the types I relate to the most are LII and LIE, which have been suggested. I have tryied to campare their IMEs by underlying the things I relate to and adding some notes (descriptions from Wikisocion)

LII

BASE TI

"The individual views reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in his system of views and behavior. He freely makes logical assertions, often exaggerated, about new information and experience. He holds highest those rules to which exceptions do not exist, and is a habitual critic of people or things that don't follow a set of rules, whether they are those accepted by the community, or his own, or even the other person's. Although he is able to adopt others' rules, his own are always the last word, and these are subject to continual refinement. Often seen as "demanding", due to high standards".

I try to see things logically, but usually my optic is "does it make sense?" (to me), and that "sense" may be objectively logical or not.

CREATIVE NE

"The individual likes to apply his insight to specific situations, relating them to the bigger picture. He also enjoys discussing idealized circumstances or what could be rather than what is. Consequently, he usually has high standards, even unreasonably so, for those around him. He does not pursue ideas or new opportunities merely for their own sake, but for their application to specific questions and issues that he feels are important".

I like to analyse possibilities, maybe too much, but generally only if they refer to something real and/or I can act on them. For example I gladly talk about what are the possible path that could be followed in a specific situation in which me, a loved one, or even a complete stranger could FIND in or are in, because it could come of use sooner or later. However I sometimes still think about unrealistic scenarios too, for the sake of it, but I don't indulge in analysing them. For example, I could think out of nowhere (and ask it out if I am with a friend) things like "what would happen if X character said K thing to Y, instead of Z?" but then I wonder what's the point about that and move on.

ROLE FI
    "The individual recognizes the existence and importance of personal relationships, so he is usually cautious at first about offending others if he does not know them well. To minimize this risk he adheres somewhat simplistically to the relevant social conventions (e.g. political correctness). However, if taken too far this produces stress, as it inhibits his natural introverted logic inclination to voice exactly what his thoughts are on a given issue or situation, with the expectation that others will appreciate his straightforwardness, rather than accusing him of being insensitive. This caution gradually disappears as he gets to know people better. He prefers to develop relationships indirectly with others based on open conversation and common activities, and only reveals his innermost personal feelings to those he has known for a long time. He may become confused and suspicious if they are directly solicited by others".

I recognize the importance of personal relationships but, differently from when I was a child, I don't actively seek them for myself, unless I meet someone I find really interesting. I think they are important especially if they contribute to personal growth. I try not to offend anyone and, if happens I regret it (I don't necessarily feel guilty, it depends). It mostly happens when I am angry for something and/or, sometimes, when contraddicted because, I admit it, I'm pretty stubborn about certain things. However I don't have the "need" to voice out what I think about an issue or situation, I usually don't. I have more the tendency to point out if something is factually incorrect. With people I don't know well I do this indirectly: for example I'd ask "are you sure about that?" instead of directly stating "no, that's wrong". I keep my innermost feelings and thoughts to myself, and it gets a lot of time to known me well I guess. It also makes me a lot of time to make friends, but I think it's because it's difficult to me to consider someone a friend (?).

VULNERABLE SE

"The individual tends to overreact to aggressive or confrontational behavior, taking it as a personal threat when it may only be a knee-jerk reaction or the result of a bad mood. He tends to avoid intruding on others' space or engaging in behavior that may be perceived as coercive, and tries hard to handle his needs by being disciplined and well-prepared himself - rather than relying on others to do things for him. If these strategies fail, his efforts at dealing with the resulting conflict make him look actively pushy in a way that appears awkward and unnatural to others. This opens him up to painful criticism and feelings of weakness and helplessness. He is able to moralize and instruct others about what they should do and why, but he is not prepared for others' active resistance or refusal to do as he says. In his mind, this would require him to put aside reason and good feelings and simply make the other person do what is necessary. This is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for him to do".

SUGGESTIVE FE

"The individual often becomes engrossed in serious work, which leads him to neglect his complementary need for fun and emotional release. He also feels vulnerable expressing himself spontaneously in public, which allows bad emotions and stress to build up, leading to depression or sudden hostility. He enjoys being around people who make him feel comfortable expressing himself, and who can make every day new and exciting. Although he may present a hard exterior in the company of strangers, he is likely to not be serious at all with people who know him better. His behavior changes radically - a calm and serious structured person will suddenly become jovial and warm".

MOBILIZING SI

"The individual has difficulty producing pleasurable sensory experiences for others and for himself, but likes to talk about pleasure, enjoyment, and relaxation, hoping that someone nearby will take the hint and take the lead. The individual tends to periodically get wound up and uptight and is generally unable to resolve these sensations himself. He needs someone to help him relax and take an internal look at whether he actually needs or enjoys what he is doing, and what might be the source of the tension that has built up. He can tend to extremes in this area, either depriving or indulging the senses to an unhealthy extent".

IGNORING TE

"The individual is adept at finding external sources of factual information and confident in his ability to evaluate their value, but regards collecting data as secondary to making them fit into a consistent logical system. To him, listing facts without analyzing their relationships is a trivial and boring exercise. He values efficiency and productivity but is skeptical that they will be achieved if one's actions and process do not follow a clear procedure".

DEMONSTRATIVE NI

"The individual is quite adept at following discussions on the developments of present trends into the future and at contributing to them on occasion if he feels so inclined, but he does not take that as seriously compared to investigating possibilities in the areas he is interested in at present. He usually dismisses supernatural claims as being silly, wishful thinking, unless they happen to be related to the very specific religion he feels inclined to believe in and which he may be inclined to make part of his leisure activities".
    I both like following discussions about development of present trends and investigating possibilities in the areas I am currently interested in.

LIE

BASE TE

"Extroverted logic as base function is manifested as a need to accumulate factual information, also from external sources such as books, second-hand information, etc, on matters of personal interest or of professional activity. This also gives these types confidence on being well-informed on the same matters, which enables them to enter arguments related to them with confidence on their knowledge, which may come across as arrogance to others. Another manifestation is an evaluation of external reality - work activities, world events, finances, procedures, personal relationships, conversations - from the point of view of factual accuracy and "making sense" and efficiency. It leads to an inclination to be proactive in increasing the efficiency and reasonableness of the external world, as well as a sense of self-worth connected on being involved and productive in activities seen as useful, profitable, or that increase one's knowledge base. To give out information that the individual knows not to be factually accurate is disturbing and avoided as much as possible".

CREATIVE NI

"The individual likes to predict the further development of the situations and topics that he is interested in. The individual applies his highly developed sense of vision not as an end in itself, but as a way of promoting the development of his more central interests and activities".

ROLE FE

"The individual makes an effort to adapt to the prevailing emotional atmosphere, especially in group situations, and tries to promote a positive emotional environment, as in making positive or witty remarks, in the presence of individuals he is already somewhat acquainted with and appreciates. Such efforts, however, are normally low-key and of short duration; it is difficult for him to display emotions more complex or intense than enthusiasm. He is essentially unable to participate in a group atmosphere where intense emotional expression as in loud laughing and mutual jokes are prevailing. The individual makes an effort to be aware of the need not to disrupt the prevailing emotional atmosphere but he does not succeed for any length of time if that would clash with his inner emotional state and private feelings about the other persons present. A typical example is the person who, in a group of people exchanging pleasantries and casual conversation, will occasionally correct erroneous statements made by others, in a way that can be perceived as annoying, despite otherwise making an effort to abide by the prevailing emotional atmosphere".
    I relate to the statement but not to the example: I wouldn't correct erraneus statements unless I know the people well or they are absolutely wrong and I think my correction would add something to the conversation.

VULNERABLE SI

"Individuals who possess introverted sensing as a 4th function tend to be negligent to the effects of ⚪ and have the view that ⚪ aspects are of less importance than others for achieving their goals. They put a low priority on the physical, short-distance, here-and-now in relation to longer-distance and longer-term considerations. A typical manifestation is a lack of concern for small aesthetic details, since a greater focus is given on the opinion that, in the longer term, taking care of them is a never-ending exercise. This is also manifested in a relative lack of awareness of the immediate surroundings, as in noticing where objects may be if you don't have to deal with them particularly, and of your own physical sensations**. A lack of concern for small aesthetic details is more visible in the LIE; in the case of the EIE, the low focus on ⚪ is more noticeable as a dislike for low-level practical details, such as filling up forms, signing documents, or filling tax returns. Due to individuals who possess introverted sensing as a 4th function believing that ⚪ aspects are of less importance, they tend to be thrown off course by unthought of, new or neglected ⚪ matters".

It's true that I consider Si aspects of less importance than others to achieve my goals, but I still indulge in them sometimes. For I could spend an entire day on the beach, observing and smelling the sea, and reflecting (I think it's related to Si, but maybe it's not. Tell me if I am wrong. It's one of the most controversial IMEs IMO).

SUGGESTIVE FI

"The individual longs for close personal relationships where personal and private experiences can be shared easily in an atmosphere of mutual trust, sustained by shared sentiments and ethical beliefs that make external expression of emotions unnecessary. The individual is inclined to take first steps, but he is not confident of his ability to correctly evaluate the existence or status of such a relationship and therefore is attracted to persons who value clear and unambiguous personal relationships with others and who follow a clear set of ethical principles, which gives them credibility and makes them deserving of trust in the individual's eyes. The individual tends not to consider whether people are friends or enemies or whether they feel good will or ill will towards them. Instead, he or she usually acts right from the start as if the other person were a friend or an enemy based on their prior knowledge of what the person does. This makes it possible to mistake a friend for an enemy and vice versa. Only gradually does the individual come to recognize what feelings others have for him, and there is always an element of doubt unless others express those feelings verbally and unambiguously and act in a way that clearly matches their stated feelings, over a sufficient period of time. The individual is easily made insecure about the status of personal relationships and needs frequent reassurance that the other person's feelings have not changed. The individual is sheepish about expressing his personal feelings about people ("I find you really interesting" or "I like you a lot"), but responds very well to these statements, as if they were unexpected treats. Instead, the person tends to focus on whether others' behavior makes sense or not."

MOBILIZING SE

"The individual tends to feel capable of achieving his goals, but hesitates on whether the path he is choosing is the right one. In these cases he needs to feel the support of others in order to be motivated to finally choose. He likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors".

IGNORING TI

"The individual understands easily, but is largely indifferent to discussions that focus on the internal logic of ideas and systems. The individual perceives such logical systems as largely worthless to his goals and finds them completely uninteresting and unproductive".

DEMONSTRATIVE NE

"The individual is fairly good at generating all sorts of ideas, but doesn't himself take the ideas seriously and views the activity as a sort of entertaining exercise lacking in value. It is more natural for him to apply his imagination and vision specifically to those areas where he is trying to achieve something than to "indulge" in thinking about things that have no relation to those areas of interest".

If I had to make a comparison, telling which IME is stronger in its respective function, I'd say:
    BASE: Te>Ti
    CREATIVE: Ni=Ne
    ROLE: Fe>Fi
    VULNERABLE: Si=Se (Se slightly more)
    SUGGESTIVE: Fi=Fe (maybe Fe slightly more)
    MOBILIZING: Se=Si (Se slightly more)
    IGNORING: Ti<Te
    DEMONSTRATIVE: Ne>Ni

I've also read quadra descriptions and, in general, I relate to Gamma quadra a bit more.
    While I like a pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere when in a group (who doesn't?), I find those quiet evenings spent chatting and eating snacks boring and even stressful, because it seems to me that I am wasting time. I especially don't like conversations done "for the sake of it", conversations about things that have no application, unless the conversation is a secondary activity (for example if X is both having a walk and a conversation of the type described above, the walk, more useful because it's good for your health, would be the primary activity and the conversation the secondary. Note that this is a semplicistic example, please don't take this too seriously). When playing a game with a group, I see it as the main activity and I try to avoid interruptions. The same it's true, for example, also for study groups: I get annoyed if someone constantly interrupts the study session and/or is constantly distracted (I try to be understanding tho).

I have troubles relating to the emotional atmosphere connected to "special days" such as public holidays and birthdays. For example, I don't celebrate my birthday anymore.

I accept new members in a group slowly because I fear they could alter, in a negative way, the balance that has been already established.

LII