Thread: Quarantine Weight

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quarantine Weight

Last edited by COMEUPPANCE; 02-01-2021 at 11:12 AM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Checking now, I seem to have gained about 5 kilos in about 3 months. I have no intention of dieting while there's a pandemic on - I could do it, but it could have knock-on effects.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm eating healthier mainly because I'm eating at home rather than out.

I started out exercising more but lost the motivation / momentum. Trying to get it back.

Overall I'm probably the same weight, possibly slightly thinner but no more than a lb or two. I'm hoping to pick up the exercise again and get a bit leaner during this time but I'm no more focused on it than I was before; staying healthy and looking good was always a goal.
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, initially I gained weight. About 4 lbs. Overindulging in mocha frappes. And I felt like shit about myself. So I figured I better do something about it. So I started running a few miles everyday and other exercises. I always hated running, but I would really like better endurance and to be more toned. I started loosing the few lbs I was holding onto running after a week because after doing all the running I felt like I put that much work into it screw drinking frappes, I didn’t want it to be for naught So I am just increasing how much I run every 3 or so days. I’ve gotten pretty addicted to running. It’s replaced my mocha frappe addiction
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I started running a few miles everyday and other exercises. I always hated running
    The quantity of callories which you spare on a distance and of oxygen which you'll get during a walking is comparable. It just will take twice more time.

> but I would really like better endurance and to be more toned

Your weight seems as far below top normal border of 25 BMI. Though, for women the process of improving the look is alike hobby. The main in weight controlling is rejecting of junk food alike sweets. This would reduce your weight slower.

> I’ve gotten pretty addicted to running.

Extreme physical load produces additional endorphins to reduce the feeling of exhaustion. This effect may last even in the time without such activity to improve the general feeling. Another hobby.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More or less the same weight, but probably eating worse due to having cook every meal home. Those work lunches at a nearby restaurant were way more varied and healthy.
    Gyms are still open around here so picking a quiet time is a workable solution. Some training can be done at home of course but push-ups are not a true replacement for bench press for example. Deadlifting at home is kinda hard too..

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lost a bit of weight, I went just over that brink where my face looks thinner, which I prefer on myself (people vary in how much weight looks good on them and I personally think I look better a bit thinner, some women look better thicker, like Christina Ricci). I think for me it's more of a result of moving into my own place and being in complete control of what foods are in my house, and also, walking more as I have to walk my dog a lot throughout the day now. I guess, since I'm working from home too, it gives me more time to cook instead of eating out, so that's related to quarantine.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont want to weight myslef but I've definitely gained some kgs, I suspect around 5 kgs? it's my point of saturation though, I was stuffing myself with cookies last month, now I'm trying to control myself... and on monday I can finally go out for a walk in the park, can't fucking waaaait.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eating habits have been kind of mixed and I've been exercising a lot more to train, stay healthy, and pass the time.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The quantity of callories which you spare on a distance and of oxygen which you'll get during a walking is comparable. It just will take twice more time.
    True. I may have to take up walking for a while. I think I did something to my left knee and right ankle. I find the soreness goes away after running a bit, but comes back afterwards. It’s probably not a good thing, seeing as I resemble an old lady walking up and down the stairs lately...But running a distance makes me feel more accomplished! lol

Your weight seems as far below top normal border of 25 BMI. Though, for women the process of improving the look is alike hobby. The main in weight controlling is rejecting of junk food alike sweets. This would reduce your weight slower.
    I am 5’2.5” and 108lbs, which is around where I like to be. 19.7 BMI, I believe.. I just try to keep an eye on it always so it doesn’t get out of control. Mainly I would like to build some muscle. I don’t eat too terrible usually...

> I’ve gotten pretty addicted to running.

Extreme physical load produces additional endorphins to reduce the feeling of exhaustion. This effect may last even in the time without such activity to improve the general feeling. Another hobby.
    definitely!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel horribly privileged to say this, but because I didn't lose my job, this time has been good for me. It's like the first real break I've had in like 15 years from service jobs and I feel like finally I have a chance to heal. Without people around me making constant demands I am starting to calm down. It's like the break society would never have given me. It's not that I'm all healed, that needed to happen over a decade ago, but this is the least stress I've experienced in 15 years and I am grateful for it because it's been kind of slowly killing me inside. I need to be alone. I need to have my own control over my time. I will cherish this forever. And I feel bad saying this because I've worked in the sorts of service jobs now deemed essential before and it was killing me, so I know that it's currently hurting people beyond the degree it was hurting me, well beyond.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've been on a healthy kick since February, no drugs, including caffeine/alcohol. Eating my veggies and not eating processed foods. Exercising a lot (hiking/running 10+ miles). I'm losing weight at a decent clip as a result.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I think I did something to my left knee and right ankle.
    If not gradually, but abruptly to give a harder than average load - this may make little harming to bones joints, muscles, tendons. Then those places get inflaming and you feel a pain. To reduce such risks before significant load is done warm up and stretching exercises for places of a load. Sometimes it's useful to do a warmup/stretching after some loads too.
    An example. The common legs exercising is squatting - it creates a load on joints of knees. Before this is useful to do a warm up for knees - you stay, flex legs a little keeping the knees close to each other, place hands on the knees and then do circles moves by the knees clockwise (20 times) and then counterclock-wise (20 times). Without a warm up after some time (mb weeks) of doing squatting exercises you may get a pain in the knees.
    Also a lack of some meal may rise risks of harming by physical loads and to reduce regenerations when a harming happens (micro traumas you do not notice and they may develop). You should get enough of water (~2 litres per day). Besides proteins (eggs), it may be useful to get 2-3 table spoons of unrefined sunflower oil per day (place it in salads). There are vitamines important for body's neuro- and heart-vessel systems as different "B" (rye bread) and other. Higher load means higher importance of their existence.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive become a fat useless sack of shit and i just sit in front of the computer all the time, eatin junk food drinkin energy drinks, this is what i did before all of this too tho so not that big of a difference

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a muslim and it's the month of Ramadan, so I don't eat the whole day (until night, like 8 PM). I'm glad I'm being quarantined while fasting. I don't feel lazy, because even when I eat at night, I don't eat until I'm full. But my weight barely changed. Actually, it didn't for 2 or 3 years now.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXdedXx View Post
    ive become a fat useless sack of shit and i just sit in front of the computer all the time, eatin junk food drinkin energy drinks, this is what i did before all of this too tho so not that big of a difference
    Price of vegetables high where you live? Crap food kinda dampens my mood too when I eat it.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably slightly better, but the weather has been fluctuating so need some time to adjust to that.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lost some weight mostly because I eat at home since I don't travel, so almost no junk food.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got incredibly fat from sitting around the house all day, not doing stress-traveling, and mindless snacking. It's taken me three weeks to realize I need to change my routine habits.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been working out and dieting, lost 18 lbs since March 1st wooo! Helps me save money on food during this quarantine too.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ive been losing weight steadily, but ive been a bit overweight before so thats alright

Quote Originally Posted by JustWandering View Post
    With this extra time have you been binging or buckling down with eating healthy and exercising?
    I'm actually losing weight because I don't have the same access to alcohol and juicy street food as before. At home I prefer to cook my own healthy meals instead of ordering my lovely kebab or chinese.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had over 2000 calories today in sausages and chocolate. Health ftw

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I had over 2000 calories today in sausages and chocolate. Health ftw
    Me when I’m going thru a break up.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been eating really healthy because I’m staying with my parents during this period. Also, we’ve been working out and I’ve been trying to gain muscle but I’m starting to lose my boobs and the “calorie surplus” I’m taking to get a booty is going to my midsection. :/ I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth it (I’m an ectomorph)

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shytan View Post
    Been eating really healthy because I’m staying with my parents during this period. Also, we’ve been working out and I’ve been trying to gain muscle but I’m starting to lose my boobs and the “calorie surplus” I’m taking to get a booty is going to my midsection. :/ I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth it (I’m an ectomorph)
    I think you gain where you gain sadly, but you can do booty exercises like glute bridges, donkey kicks and fire hydrants to help give you booty some extra oomph

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already eat healthy (no junk food) and am in shape. I lost a little bit of weight though.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I weigh less now. Sorry you all got fat.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost an insignificant amount of weight. My "sugar addiction" is pretty much dying because of this quarantine stuff, I used to pick up sweets here and there on the way. There's a limit to what I can eat in a day and now it's about exclusively healthy food instead of "mostly most days".

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my weight, whether I lose fat, gain muscle, gain fat, or lose muscle, is always within the range of 137 to 145

For the past few months it's been hanging around 139.

not kilos

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't own scales. I probably weight more since I've been focusing on weight lifting, this week I noticed some more belly fat but that was the result of drinking excess beer the week before.

The belly has gone down a bit now.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably burning a couple hundred fewer calories each week, thanks to the quarantine. Not enough to make much of an impact on my weight. I have been eating somewhat less, though, so hopefully I've been shedding some pounds. It's doubtful, though, since I take Abilify and sleep way too much.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I lost 15 lbs/7kilos in a little over two months. Ah yes, but I lost mostly muscle. Which isn't what I was trying to do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lost weight. I was very depressed before, so I stopped eating. But then I overate, and gained some weight. Now, it's steadily going down. I am taking long walks.. yoga.. now barre.
    I'm drinking a lot of alcohol, though. But I mean.. wine doesn't have a lot of carbs. I'm just treating myself. The world's ending, anyway.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol is almost as energy-dense as fat.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I gotta say something had caused my scale to be a -2 kilos rather than at 0 which is how it was before, so I really lost only 5 kilos max, lol.