Threaded View

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I like asking questions

Question: If type is genetic and not affected by environment, why do identical twins sometimes have different sociotypes? I am not 100% sure of this fact because I don't come across one everyday but based on some forums, while a certain amount do seem uncannily similar personality-wise, a lot of twins also seem to share completely different personalities (outgoingness/introspection/and most likely type as well)

My theory is that from the moment you're born your brain constructs neural pathways that eventually become a preferred method of thinking/interpreting the world. After childhood/puberty, this pattern because permanent due to the pruning process. People with similar pathways will share the same type, kind of like the one shown in Dario Nardi's graph thingy-mabob. Fluid intelligence, proneness to certain mental disorders, amount of mirror neurons etc. play a part this process but ultimately type is not heritable.

I am extremely curious what would happen if we fully cloned a human successfully. Small differences in personality would be inevitable due to different life experience and upbringing, but if we're following this logic there's a large chance they're a completely different type, a completely different person.

I think I've posted about nature/nurture in type before, but I am still interested in new opinions lol. Anything goes.

EDIT: Thanks for the replies! I've reconsidered my position on genetics. I've met an identical pair in real life and one was very much more solemn and quiet than the other, the contrast was striking. After going through some Youtube videos I think almost all of them are identical types, which is fascinating. I've read that twins who grow up together are more individualized than twins that grow apart, as part of a conscious/subconscious need to be recognized as individuals. Also the one in real life apparently went through a bad breakup, which could be the explanation.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 05-09-2020 at 07:43 PM. Reason: :)