Thread: How can I develop my Se without being an asshole?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How can I develop my Se without being an asshole?

how is it possible?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sport, physical activity, manual work/art

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    sport, physical activity, manual work/art
    What about developing the ability to guess how much effort is necessary to achieve goals?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    What about developing the ability to guess how much effort is necessary to achieve goals?
    That's not necessarily Se, Se is about pushing on until you achieve that goal. What you refer to may be a combination of Te and Si.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    The general approach. With practice of tasks in some region you should remember the efforts which you needed to do them. This helps to prognose the efforts for similar tasks in those regions. Besides personal experience you may understand the efforts needed by other people in that region.

Types related. When you have a functional region as strong - your consciousness pays more attention and time on it and hence your mind understands and processes that region better. Also your interests are predisposed to be higher to your strong regions as those are easier for you, easier to get achievements there and by the methods of those regions. So you generally have more practice and hence knowledge and skills in the region of your strong functions. A part of this is the abbility to prognose the resources needed to do tasks.

To develop some functional region you may by practice in it. Your mind studies its skills, trains to be concentrated and to process the info of this region. So your weak functions becomes generally stronger, besides you may do better the concrete tasks where you practiced. Also it's useful to have communications with people having that region as strong - you'll tune to them, to their thinking and world perceiving style - this makes your mind to pay more attention on that region and you may study skills in those regions from those people. Duals are the best for this from the point of psychological comfort, meanwhile having as strong your weak functional regions to develop them in you.

You are asking questions about basics. The understand the basics you may read English books of Jung "Psychological Types" and Filatova "Understanding the People Around You". Communications and watching of people with the understood types, especially IRL near you, helps too. It would be better than to ask on forums about the basics.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're an IEE. Se isn't what you need to develop. Work on Fi.

(Note: I haven't typed you. I'm just using your self-typing.)

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    You're an IEE. Se isn't what you need to develop. Work on Fi.

(Note: I haven't typed you. I'm just using your self-typing.)
    I think you're right. I think I'm being a little too ambitious.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The general approach. With practice of tasks in some region you should remember the efforts which you needed to do them. This helps to prognose the efforts for similar tasks in those regions. Besides personal experience you may understand the efforts needed by other people in that region.

Types related. When you have a functional region as strong - your consciousness pays more attention and time on it and hence your mind understands and processes that region better. Also your interests are predisposed to be higher to your strong regions as those are easier for you, easier to get achievements there and by the methods of those regions. So you generally have more practice and hence knowledge and skills in the region of your strong functions. A part of this is the abbility to prognose the resources needed to do tasks.

To develop some functional region you may by practice in it. Your mind studies its skills, trains to be concentrated and to process the info of this region. So your weak functions becomes generally stronger, besides you may do better the concrete tasks where you practiced. Also it's useful to have communications with people having that region as strong - you'll tune to them, to their thinking and world perceiving style - this makes your mind to pay more attention on that region and you may study skills in those regions from those people. Duals are the best for this from the point of psychological comfort, meanwhile having as strong your weak functional regions to develop them in you.

You are asking questions about basics. The understand the basics you may read English books of Jung "Psychological Types" and Filatova "Understanding the People Around You". Communications and watching of people with the understood types, especially IRL near you, helps too. It would be better than to ask on forums about the basics.
    Ok, thank you. Apparently I need to make my intentions clearer, but I'm not interested on the basics, my question had a "not being anasshole" that Jung doesn-t talk about

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You develop it but still keep Te and Fi in mind at all times? lol I remember when ouronis said something how like 'Se gets you sent to prison and Te runs the world.' There is a lot of truth to that. Although they are watching for people who commit financial crimes too- it seems like the majority of policework is involved in people who use Se in gross and inappropriate ways.

The SLE I fell in love with was sort of like this, but keep in mind that he also had a huge heart for 'underdogs', and I really admired him because he felt like one of the only few people who didn't talk down to me my entire life. It was very refreshing... although he handled his Se in bad ways and liked being too impulsive sexually, and wanted to just focus on the next carnal high and become a criminal because of the physical rush it gave him most likely. (I don't condone his behavior but I still care about him despite of this because he always stood up for me.) A good leader is confident and physical and Chad-like but doesn't really go full on Dahmer with anything. You don't have to be that overboard with it.

Or maybe some Se-heavy and also psychologically unstable people need to understand that violence or robbery or rape is really essentially only making them into a scapegoat for people who are much more viscous than they could possibly even imagine.(like Regina Hurt in my stories who just exploits the criminal justice system/mental health institutions when she's in fact crueler than any criminal- because she's a Pure Demon.) They should just focus more on their Te side and become financially successful- because that actually is the best revenge and the biggest rape spiritually speaking lol.

As for generally being worried about 'being an asshole' well - we're all assholes right? Constantly learning how to tame our inner asshole is something we all struggle with every day. I'm not sure I would fret too much about that because we're all evil on the inside- that's the entire point. Let's be real- most of us in life acted like Trump did when he mocked a retarded person for being retarded. We're not always proud of it, and you shouldn't be proud of it- but we've all done it, to err is human and to forgive is divine blah blah blah. You are defined for your goodness not for being more righteous than another person, but for feeling the urge to do something bad but doing something good anyway, that is the true measure of ethical success.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 04-17-2020 at 11:30 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick a goal (short term or long term) and don't stop "moving" (i.e., working) until you achieve it.

SLE-Se https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO3UNRowA

"Striving to make sure the work keeps going ... I am constantly making sure that I have that next job."

Se isn't about being an asshole, it is about pushing forward forward forward despite resistance.