Thread: I need you help

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I need you help

Lately, I’ve been thinking about my uncle, who passed away when I was a kid.

He basically starved himself to death. All the memories I have of when I visited his house is him being chastised by anyone who was around for not cooking for himself or even eating, ever. He just sat, static, smoking one cigarrete after the other. If by now you’re picturing Arthur Fleck from the movie Joker, emaciated and shirtless in a smoke-filled house…yes, that’s exactly it.

What IEs would increase the chances of developing a mental disroer like the one I’ve just described? I have an idea, but I’d like to hear your point of view.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Lately, I’ve been thinking about my uncle, who passed away when I was a kid.

He basically starved himself to death. All the memories I have of when I visited his house is him being chastised by anyone who was around for not cooking for himself or even eating, ever. He just sat, static, smoking one cigarrete after the other. If by now you’re picturing Arthur Fleck from the movie Joker, emaciated and shirtless in a smoke-filled house…yes, that’s exactly it.

What IEs would increase the chances of developing a mental disroer like the one I’ve just described? I have an idea, but I’d like to hear your point of view.
    I had an ILI friend who was also manic-depressive, and he smoked continuously to self-medicate and he didn't eat very much. He was tall and very thin and incredibly frail. He died of a brain hemmorhage. His arteries were probably like old plastic that fractures at a touch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It may be said about neurotic disorders to which concrete types are predisposed more - relating to their weak functional regions.
    There can be also a specific for valued variants.
    To ignore common health demands should be more met among Ni types. As a kind of negativism to own weak unvalued regions when people feel worse and such want to direct more resources on other regions - where they are more assured (strong) and what they like more (valued). Sometimes this leads to exotic behavior when a human thinks he does good to that region, while in reality he may do a harm - alike strange health care methods.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    He was tall and very thin and incredibly frail. He died of a brain hemmorhage. His arteries were probably like old plastic that fractures at a touch.
    Yes, my uncle was tall and had always been very thin, and got progressively worse towards the end. I'll see if I find some ancient pictures of him.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went and grabbed some photos I had of him from the early 80's, the only ones I keep. I know VI is not the end all but gamma is not something I get from looking at him.

I look at him and think what a waste, he was so handsome. He could've had a better life if he had looked after himself more.

001.jpg
    02.jpg
    Last edited by Rusal; 07-17-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A third photo:

03.jpg

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like EIE-Fe and his behavior is an extreme case of Si-PoLR.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I went and grabbed some photos I had of him from the early 80's, the only ones I keep. I know VI is not the end all but gamma is not something I get from looking at him.

I look at him and think what a waste, he was so handsome. He could've had a better life if he had looked after himself more.

001.jpg
    02.jpg
    @Rusal, I think he was either IEI or EIE. Leaning more towards IEI, but could go either way.

Pic #1 looks IEI.
    Pic #2 could be either.
    Pic #3 looks slightly more EIE, but he does not look well in that picture.

He was a remarkably good looking guy.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mental disorders are independent of type. However, many Ni-types seem to have unrealistic expectations of themselves, which can be an unfortunate partner to a mental disorder.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Mental disorders are independent of type. However, many Ni-types seem to have unrealistic expectations of themselves, which can be an unfortunate partner to a mental disorder.

a.k.a. I/O
    Yes, @Rebelondeck. Ni-users have a hard time seeing what is real. I think this is the biggest obstacle in achieving one’s dreams, right after having an objective in the first place.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It sounds like weak Si

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that he looks beta NF to me and it sounds like Si in superego. I’d say IEI>EIE.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He could also have been on drugs which lowered or completely eradicated his appetite, so it mighy not be IE related

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Looks like EIE-Fe and his behavior is an extreme case of Si-PoLR.
    I saw EIE-Fe in that first photo too. Nicotine works on acetylcholine, which has been shown to help in sensory processing/reduces overload of sensory stimulation such as with psychotic disorders.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ILE

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Uncle - INTP Balzac