Thread: When you argue with yourself on your type...

TIM
    currently, ILE-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When you argue with yourself on your type...

(does this fit in the forum here or should I have posted somewhere else?)
    Can you tell me about the time you were/are arguing with yourself on your type? It's not a type me request or anything, just share your own internal contemplation of your type, ongoing or past!

Mine goes a bit like...

IEE me: Sis, you're IEE. Like, you type ENFP in MBTI, also, you have shit logic and need REAL help with that heeheheh
    ILE me: Yoooooooo, you're ILE, duh! When you read on the quadral complexes the Alpha Quadra one made you feel personally attacked.
    IEE: Yeah you also read the furthest into the Beta Quadra one because it made you mad.
    ILE: Look, trust me, you're Democratic, like, when you were 10 or 9 your fursona was like, a chaos being who hates all hierarchies and us-vs-them groupings! Also, your default ideology is kind of like 'can't we all just get along or something, tribalism is bad'
    Me: wait fursona when did i have a furso-
    IEE: Yeah, hates, like, Fi. You know how you feel towards everything you care about. 'This person is boring', 'this subject is stupid', 'this teacher is annoying'
    ILE: Yooooooooo, you only ever do so when you could bring yourself to care enough! You certainly aren't very opinionated when it comes to other things (almost everything actually!) that aren't close to your heart.
    IEE: Yeah, close, like, emotional closeness.
    ILE me: Yeah, but like, no way she could be Ethical right like she's socially awkward and can't read people very well, like she either crosses the boundaries too much and offends people or doesn't dare say anything in the first place!!
    IEE me: Yeah who said ethicals can't be like that???
    ILE: Yeah but she can't be Serious right, like, she doesn't introduce herself with her name and try to get close to them or anything, she likes to vibe with strangers she'd never see again, she wants everyone to stay as a collective and have fun...
    IEE: yeah well she definitely doesn't Ti... Like have you SEEN her try to make a coherent argument?? She'd break down and cry because she's bad at it.
    ILE: SHE'S LITERA-
    Wait a hot second guys... Have you considered the possibility of not being a Ne base?
    (pause)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA-

I'm very young, that might explain it. Hehe. I don't think I'd be into socionics when I'm older though, so I'd better get typed while I still give a sh*t.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's normally to doubt in own opinion when you are a novice, until you'll get good data and skills to trust you there.

In my case there were not much discussions. Tests gave me mostly ISTJ, where E/I mb was least expressed. Several typers gave ESTJ independently or close. So I thought by impressions from values between beta and delta TS. Some about E/I behavior where it was closer to extraverts in the childhood and later became more restrained after significant emotional/relations hits. Also thought what people gave me best/worst impressions IRL and how this may fit to IR theory. There was much of impressions choice - what I like more and feel better, but not thoughts. More thoughts were about types of other people IRL, but I more used general impression approach for them too - alike to T or F people a one is closer.
    Against my significant scepticism types theory, including IR, described my experience good and have pointed clearly on LSE type.

I recommend you to think about types of people near IRL in not lesser degree. To compare them with yourself to understand your type.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When you argue with yourself on your type...

I learned Socionics a year ago, got typed by Jack WSS like after 2 months or less after I started (Jan 2 2020) so fairly quickly. I don’t like doubt at all and I actually don’t believe anyone can accurately self-type due to personal bias, so got typed very early on. Jack typed me SLE (from his old method)... a very bold one (so I was SLE-Se). I got Gulenko’s result yesterday as SEE-N which is elevated Fi and Ti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    currently, ILE-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    I learned Socionics a year ago, got typed by Jack WSS like after 2 months or less after I started (Jan 2 2020) so fairly quickly. I don’t like doubt at all and I actually don’t believe anyone can accurately self-type due to personal bias, so got typed very early on. Jack typed me SLE (from his old method)... a very bold one (so I was SLE-Se). I got Gulenko’s result yesterday as SEE-N which is elevated Fi and Ti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was reading the 'Gulenko's typing on forum members' thread, is it true that you have problems with certain people? What did you do? put Se or the Beta Quadra (when you identified as SLE) on a pedestal as they make it seem? Screw up the theory or something? Did they misunderstand you? I'm genuinely curious.

Also, what makes it so that you believe the word of a socionist who met you for a couple hours more than your own person, whom you have known for all your life? Is it the theory you are afraid of, or the of the knowledge/fear of the many biases that could lead one astray when typing?

Also just realised the type you currently identify as is 'SEE-N', like 'SEEN', I like it when type codes end up becoming words lmao

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. Only trust in people who have seen it all in this context.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org