Thread: How do I not be intimidated by my ESFJ dual?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I not be intimidated by my ESFJ dual?

I found my dual. now what? i cant date her now, for some reasons, but i can occasionally talk to her, though. just not now, because of the pandemic. EDIT: she's age appropriate, we're both legal adults. EDIT: like socionics says, i being the introvert find her intimidating. same dual i mentioned before.

I'm only here thinking why you would think it was relevant to add that she's age appropriate?

Some people in here will claim that accepting and being "ready" for your dual only happens once you reach a certain level of personal growth and maturity. I personally think this has less to do with her being your dual and more to you being shy af.

I suggest maintaining that occasional talk and gradually opening up to each other over time, sharing memes, until you feel comfortable enough not to be intimidated.
    I don't know your reasons or friendship level and quick face-your-fears schemes usually go wrong, but shock therapy is a thing so idk.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Self-confident LIIs would not be intimidated by ESEs whatsoever. However, LIIs tend to be perfectionists who fear failure or being perceived as a failure so they find it hard to accept that rejection by someone is not personal failure. Eventually LIIs will become experts at objectifying people including the ones to whom they're attracted or attached. Getting self-confidence is a separate issue - a maturing process that some never achieve.....

a.k.a. I/O

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality is just a type relation. You cant assume that all duals are compatible.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Build on your confidence levels by working on yourself, taking on challenges and increasing the width of your comfort zone by doing things you've never done before and learning more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you should be intimidated by the possibility to mistake in types. as it's often and especially for noobs alike you are
    you'd better forgot about types and acted by general situation

even when IR are good, the initial communication goes on formal distance where the importance of IR is lesser

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Must be a good catch if they're that good at life that they intimidate you.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I found my dual. now what? i cant date her now, for some reasons, but i can occasionally talk to her, though. just not now, because of the pandemic. EDIT: she's age appropriate, we're both legal adults. EDIT: like socionics says, i being the introvert find her intimidating. same dual i mentioned before.
    Does she want to date you?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Does she want to date you?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBibimbap View Post
    I'm only here thinking why you would think it was relevant to add that she's age appropriate?
    because i previously shared on another thread i liked another girl before, a 17 year old and im 21 so i didn't want people to misunderstand

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is she intimidating?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Why is she intimidating?
    seems out of reach, or beyond my understanding or like she wouldn't understand me.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    seems out of reach, or beyond my understanding or like she wouldn't understand me.
    That's normal. Just ask her out.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To me, and maybe this is only clear because I superivise them socionically- but ESEs are clearly superficially abrasive/intimidating but in truth quite gentle and sensitive underneathe it all. EJ temperment is kind of bossy and annoying but there is a soul beyond that. They are Alphas. They're gonna love you being soft and cuddly cuz they are soft and cuddly. It's not that simple (but at the same time, it is)

The abrasiveness and intimidation is clearly a veil for how kind & gentle they are underneathe. They can fight pretty hard still if they feel they are being attacked but all in all they are definitely one of the 'nicer & sweeter' socionic types. They are really empathetic, and I don't see them hurting others without also feeling hurt themselves. In other words, there's nothing to be afraid of because there's no genuine sadism. (ILIs are creepy in that in a lot of ways they are the opposite of this, and so their sadistic streak is just more ... objectively sadistic.) So I mean... its like ur initial Se polr is being afraid of a veil or a shroud. It's like this with many polrs I think, especially the external ones like Te/Se, they can make you initially terrified of something surface-y that objectively, isn't really a big deal.

My dad was also so very shy, and a LII. I don't even know how I was born tbh. It must be magic because as Olimpia would say 'women can't penetrate people with their vaginas.' Or can they? I think they definitely can socially/emotionally or 'magically' (Lol magic vaginas), and they can do it in a way where then the male can follow the lead even if they are shy/withdrawn and not how a 'typical male is supposed to be like.' I think my mom inspired confidence in my dad, because he was so shy like me. It also didn't hurt that he was hot and looked kinda like Ashton when he was younger. He looks brooding Fi in some pics but I mean in most others he has a kind of campy Fe valuing grin.

If you are still insecure after all that... I don't know what to say. I think maybe like what Yoda would say, and I used to hate this quote cuz I guess it was over used on the internet by people trying to be 'profound' but do or do not there is no try. When ur really ready, I think the nervousness goes away and u kinda just... go for it. Or you are a bit nervousness, but your excitement for 'something more' is more powerful than your nervousness at the time and it just wins anyway. As obviously if you "try" when ur too afraid - it will have bad results, because people pick up on it and they are empathetic and if you feel unsure they tend to feel unsure. What the fuck I'll shut up now I'm just ranting, I think LIIs are definitely my beneficaries tho lol. Like u guys are so cute and adorable to me I want to keep u all in cages like parrots and tell u how to live a better life.

I need sleep. byeeeeeeeeee.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be reaching, but:

If you say you have issues with emotional signals, you'd expect that to make someone an overconfident bull-in-the-china-shop, not shy and withdrawn. I'd suggest capitalizing on that; you might feign confidence you don't actually have.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just ask her to carry you past the mob.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whip out your cock and rub it in her face.