Thread: What's the difference of Si-dual seeking between ENFps and ENTps?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's the difference of Si-dual seeking between ENFps and ENTps?

I think this is a difficult one.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    It should be obvious. Along with Si, one type also seeks T and the other type seeks F.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It should be obvious. Along with Si, one type also seeks T and the other type seeks F.
    I barely know what's suggestive Si like. You're Si PoLR right?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at their dual's use of Si. SEI are more inclined to create comfort whereas SLI focus on removing discomfort.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Look at their dual's use of Si. SEI are more inclined to create comfort whereas SLI focus on removing discomfort.
    That's a good hint. For example, I don't necessarily need comfort (as a relaxing environment), but I would definitely enjoy if someone could help me remove physical discomfort or unload me from accumulated stress.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Since the answer to your question could arise from a basic understanding of model A, my suggestion is to study at least the foundations of the theory before opening such threads.
    I know the theory, but I would like to clarify the differences, not the theory itself, if this makes sense

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In other threads, I have stated that the word "seeking" is rather misleading, and that types are usually unaware of or unconcerned about deficiencies and wouldn't actually seek them. ENFps need metaphorical anchors to keep them from drifting too far; the very literal ISTps provide the necessary roots in reality and a shield against fanciful pursuits and pursuers. ENTps also need roots but they don't need a reality check; they need a relative perspective of real data because they have a tendency to acquire too much information and spin their wheels on it; ISFps provide focusing lenses and warnings about the alligators in the swamp. Si-perspectives by themselves have little meaning although the common theme is "roots in actuality".....

a.k.a. I/O

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Si-perspectives by themselves have little meaning although the common theme is "roots in actuality".....

a.k.a. I/O
    What do you mean that they have "little meaning"? As a sensing function it is of course rooted in actuality, and more specifically in impressions/ sensory depth.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a simple one. The Si in SEIs is about comfort creation, whereas the Si is SLIs is about discomfort reduction. It also ties in with their respective creative functions, Fe and Te respectively. And that is what ILEs and IEEs are seeking in their relationships. Actually, they are not actively seeking it, their behavior is often exactly opposite of their actual needs. They don't realize that they have such needs until they get under its influence.

A colleague of mine, a 60 year old chef is married to an SEI, and they decide to paint the walls. He shows the pictures of their work, and each wall has a different elementary color, and I think to myself: why am I not surprised. Not to mention the amount of things they have in the living room, it is rather full. And the seats and sofas are selected from color and comfort.

The living quarters of an SLI in that respect can be rather spartan, stripped of anything superfluous, having colors that do not trigger the senses all that much. Note that it can be decorated with anything between practical stuff found in the street or expensive minimalistic design. For example, take this blog, by an SLI woman that does interior design for vacation accommodations, the name already says it:

https://designedbysilence.com/blog/

Well, you probably can extrapolate what it is ILEs and IEEs are seeking: ILEs need colorful (in every respect) stimulation of the senses, whereas IEEs need a reduction in stimulation of the senses, they need 'silence' in just more than the audio aspects.

I elaborated more about the IEE style of Si dual seeking here:

https://mavericksocionics.blogspot.c...stive-and.html
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    What do you mean that they have "little meaning"? As a sensing function it is of course rooted in actuality, and more specifically in impressions/ sensory depth.
    As @Adam Strange seems to have also implied above, input (Si) by itself doesn't produce output that others can use; there also needs to be rationalization which, of course, skews the final product.......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having 1D Si means not being able to understand the internal processes of the body, and many of these people are hypochondriacs. If they have a headache, for instance, they might irrationally interpret it as brain cancer, when all they really needed was a walk in the park.

Si-seeking types are also clumsy and uncoordinated. Often, they won't notice objects that are right in front of them, even when they're looking for them; the eyes send the signal to the brain, but the brain doesn't interpret it. If any of this sounds bizarre to you, it's because your Si is stronger than theirs.

Si dual-seeking behaviour: being in awe of people who can do the above things well.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Si dual-seeking behaviour: being in awe of people who can do the above things well.
    No. Can't speak for ILEs, but as far as IEEs are concerned, the sight of an SLI an interaction is like feeling the weight being lifted of your shoulders. They make things look so easy, but in a way that an IEE says, "is it that simple, why didn't I think of that?". "Awe" is not in an IEEs dictionary.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. I've been wasting a lot of time lately on thinking how to make a small cassette tape loader, something like this, but smaller and made to load one cassette at a time:

Any knows an SLI that could help me with this and take my stress away?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    No. Can't speak for ILEs, but as far as IEEs are concerned, the sight of an SLI an interaction is like feeling the weight being lifted of your shoulders. They make things look so easy, but in a way that an IEE says, "is it that simple, why didn't I think of that?". "Awe" is not in an IEEs dictionary.
    In awe of = impressed by. You're allowed to use the word that way.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressed is not right either. Such demonstrations of Fe would scare an SLI off.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressed is not right either. Such demonstrations of Fe would scare an SLI off.
    I can't say whether or not that's true of SLI's because I don't know, but you can obviously be impressed without having to demonstrate it outwardly.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I elaborated more about the IEE style of Si dual seeking here:

https://mavericksocionics.blogspot.c...stive-and.html
    Ok, thanks! I have read this blog and it has some pretty interesting information. I really liked it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-seeking types are also clumsy and uncoordinated. Often, they won't notice objects that are right in front of them, even when they're looking for them; the eyes send the signal to the brain, but the brain doesn't interpret it. If any of this sounds bizarre to you, it's because your Si is stronger than theirs.
    Idk about that. I’ve always been the butt of jokes amongst friends and family for not regestering visual changes such as a new carpet and things that are right in front of me, etc. I think it goes hand in hand with missing i.d. cards or my keys periodically. I’m rethinking the plan of extending a trip since that’d mean more time with my passport on me which only increases the chance of losing it.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Idk about that. I’ve always been the butt of jokes amongst friends and family for not regestering visual changes such as a new carpet and things that are right in front of me, etc. I think it goes hand in hand with missing i.d. cards or my keys periodically. I’m rethinking the plan of extending a trip since that’d mean more time with my passport on me which only increases the chance of losing it.
    Interesting. Could that also be related to weak Te? Te is also implicated in being able to make sense of what's going on.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Could that also be related to weak Te? Te is also implicated in being able to make sense of what's going on.
    I contemplated that. If Te can be associated with efficiency then keeping track of objects be them keys or important dates or numbers would fall under its sphere (but where would Se be, then?). Once when I was younger I forgot my mom's birthday. I was not under any stress, I just forgot. I was so ashamed and I promised myself something like that would never happen again.

The following week I forgot my dad's.
    Last edited by Rusal; 04-27-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually it seems IEE's style of not being logically attuned to solve problems makes them responsive for more logical help wherever they need tech and stuff.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Since the answer to your question could arise from a basic understanding of model A, my suggestion is to study at least the foundations of the theory before opening such threads.
    Ew, Ti.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    SEIs tend to be more critical and SLIs are more encouraging. Negativism/positivism linked to the dominant function and all that. ILEs are positive enough for both themselves and their duals, so their duals watch out for critical mistakes. IEEs are secretly critical and having someone around to give encouragement and introduce Si positively helps them out.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Having 1D Si means not being able to understand the internal processes of the body, and many of these people are hypochondriacs. If they have a headache, for instance, they might irrationally interpret it as brain cancer, when all they really needed was a walk in the park.

Ever not noticed your keys were in your hand before? It's bad lol.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean, although Si types are not necessarily good at noticing objects either. Si is not about objects after all. Si is strongly linked to just taking in the environment in an impressionistic way, not caring so much what actual objects are around. I think that's something Si seekers seem to want.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

there is no theory about such difference in Socionics

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTPs like the "fun" side of Si and ENFPs like the "grounded, practical" side of Si. This is a gross over simplification but hints at the general difference.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    ENTPs like the "fun" side of Si and ENFPs like the "grounded, practical" side of Si. This is a gross over simplification but hints at the general difference.
    There's a fun side of Si?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Maybe...

Si-/Te+ : "Why are your books piling up on the floor? Get me some wood planks, I'll help you put them up as shelves".
    Si+/Fe-: "I found a cool film from the Weimar republic era. You won't believe the photography in this one. Come over and we'll watch it. Bring some pot" *stoner face*

?

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7NJfuVk9hY