Thread: Romance / dating / marriage between sensors

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Romance / dating / marriage between sensors

What is your experience of relationships between sensing types?
    Last edited by xerx; 04-22-2020 at 01:26 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother was SEI, my dad was LSE. They divorced a year ago.

What I remember that specifically pertains to sensory perhaps was I had never lacked for anything that had to do with comfort, food, warmth, safety, etc. Our daily life was very comfy but a bit stale. Mundane is the right word. The only media my parents consumed was very old traditional chinese soap operas and the occasional American superhero movie. We never talked about spirituality or philosophy, probably a generational gap. They hated video games and were a bit paranoid, also probably a generational thing. I distinctly remember my dad banning me from reading all fiction at one point because they were useless nonsense that filled me with delusions haha. My father worked a lot and was a bit absent. The most time we spent together were on road trips and little weekend outings to small asian/ramen restaurants. They had amazing taste in food and I often trusted one or the other to order or recommend for me, because I didn't care haha. This could be sentimentalism but I swear the "memory" of those days feels very toasty and warm, I always remembered being warm. I remembered once they competed who could give the best back massage, it was an amazing day. I'm sorry if this was a bit of an anticlimatic read lol.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dad is SLI, his fiance is SEI. They got along nice and peaceful. His last relationship was with what I think might have been an ILE, and that ended with him getting a restraining order on her, so this relationship is definitely a huge improvement from the last one, one interesting thing I noticed is that they have a friend they go out with that's an EXE and she provides tons of enthusiasm and entertainment for them.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Dad is SLI, his fiance is SEI. They got along nice and peaceful. His last relationship was with what I think might have been an ILE, and that ended with him getting a restraining order on her, so this relationship is definitely a huge improvement from the last one, one interesting thing I noticed is that they have a friend they go out with that's an EXE and she provides tons of enthusiasm and entertainment for them.
    Socionics predicts that SLIs shouldn’t like Fe bases much. They’d be conflictors or supervisors.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Socionics predicts that SLIs shouldn’t like Fe bases much. They’d be conflictors or supervisors.
    People dont necessarily dislike their supervisors, or even conflictors
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    People dont necessarily dislike their supervisors, or even conflictors
    Yeah, you’re right. Never mind I guess.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the sex better than with intuitives?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I barely see their friend, but I do know she provided so much needed extroversion for them, which seemed to excite them.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    I don't think so. Because theoretically they're both agressors or caretakers, so it's kinda of a confusion to both, at least at first, and they would have to adapt to each other. With intuitives, we would have victims and infantiles, you know, and that usually fits better.

But in practice I have no idea, curious to know too lol. I think they tend to put more emphasis on the sensory aspect, while intuitives put more effort on the spiritual meaning/connection (?), that's how I see it

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think it would be lol. Like they are more in touch with and good with their body so....yea. It might get competitive though.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any more thoughts?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh cool I’m the first sensor here on the internet about to talk about my experiences.

It’s a bit mind-numbing. I have other sensor friends of course and we can engage in deep or imaginative conversation with each other, but it isn’t as integrated smoothly in our lives as it is if we have at least one other intuitive around. Of course, it seems like other sensors value that conversation more like I do when we have it together. For intuitives it’s not as meaningful to them, so the lack of shared meaningfulness with intuitives is one pro towards sensor-sensor relationships, IMO. An analogy for the opposite would be like when you see alpha NTs eat pizza together and they’re basically having a spiritual experience. They both deeply value the rare sensoric feels with each other.

No