I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Annoyed by negative use of IEs of your suggestive function

I live with 6 people. 3 of them (apparently) have Si in their ego functions. The problem is, they are always focusing on the sensory aspects of life. What annoys me (I let me be annoyed by it) is that they seem to use it in a self destructive way. For example, they like to spend a lot of money on food, and it isn't healthy food, or they take a lot of medicine to cure health issues. Whenever I have some health issue they try to impose drugs on me, and I don't trust taking drugs unless it is the only way of surviving. They are always rigid about not messing up with the house, I can't barely walk over some rooms just because they have just cleaned it. But my main concern is why they like to waste money on food everyday and they treat it as if their happiness depends on it.

Some Si ego help me

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To an Si-ego, food = sex.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    To an Si-ego, food = sex.
    not at all.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well heck yeah. Something that really stands out. Like using aesthetics to draw a strong message. Continuity followed by discontinuity. Some ESI's do it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    I live with 6 people. 3 of them (apparently) have Si in their ego functions. The problem is, they are always focusing on the sensory aspects of life. What annoys me (I let me be annoyed by it) is that they seem to use it in a self destructive way. For example, they like to spend a lot of money on food, and it isn't healthy food, or they take a lot of medicine to cure health issues. Whenever I have some health issue they try to impose drugs on me, and I don't trust taking drugs unless it is the only way of surviving. They are always rigid about not messing up with the house, I can't barely walk over some rooms just because they have just cleaned it. But my main concern is why they like to waste money on food everyday and they treat it as if their happiness depends on it.

Some Si ego help me

I don't think that is related to types, its related to another psychological issues originated in past experiences and unrelated merely with the type of the individual (IRs mb have more to do). I've read that food is related to mother care or love in the psyche, also indulge in food could have its origins in emotions, anxiety and self esteem.

That said, I don't like wasting money in food. I'm frugal in my eating habits. Zero fanciness or excess. I don't get the association of Si lead with overeating or indulge in food.

Overweighed ppl I know...
    -7 NFs (3 EIE, 1 IEI, 2 IEE, 2 EII)
    -2 Alpha SFs (ESE, SEI)
    -4 Gamma (1 SEE, 3 ESI and 2 of them lost wight recently)
    -1 LSE who got overweighed due inborn heart disease.

All the NFs I know have/had not great IRs at home with one or both parents (conflict, supervision, beneficiary, contrary).
    Last edited by Hope; 04-20-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, they like to spend a lot of money on food, and it isn't healthy food,
    O.K. how old are they? Si egos, at least SEIs, are not workhorses that can consume trash food and function properly. Bad nutrition is keenly felt (and also a sense of “inner impurity” might be in the play here) and it’s a strange thing that you would suggest healthy food and not spike at least some interest in them. Maybe they’re young and able to continue their unhealthy lifestyle. So wait it out.

(Personally, if eating too much and popping pills nonstop and still functions effectively: not something I'd call Si ego)

They are always rigid about not messing up with the house, I can't barely walk over some rooms just because they have just cleaned it. But my main concern is why they like to waste money on food everyday and they treat it as if their happiness depends on it.
    Here’s a theory: they’re rigid because they’re the ones doing the cleaning? They choose unhealthy food because they can’t count on other members of the house to do the cooking with more varied ingredients? Do you cook?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    not at all.
    I certainly hope not. I've never been able to combine food and sex in my head, and I don't think I would ever want to. I can't even understand how that works honestly.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    O.K. how old are they? Si egos, at least SEIs, are not workhorses that can consume trash food and function properly. Bad nutrition is keenly felt (and also a sense of “inner impurity” might be in the play here) and it’s a strange thing that you would suggest healthy food and not spike at least some interest in them. Maybe they’re young and able to continue their unhealthy lifestyle. So wait it out.

(Personally, if eating too much and popping pills nonstop and still functions effectively: not something I'd call Si ego)

Here’s a theory: they’re rigid because they’re the ones doing the cleaning? They choose unhealthy food because they can’t count on other members of the house to do the cooking with more varied ingredients? Do you cook?
    Popping pills and trying to max themselves out is something I have associated with Se valuers based on personal experience. I try to avoid taking pain relievers unless it's stopping me from resting. If pain gets so bad that I can't rest, obviously it's going to be harder to recover. So I take the pill and try not to do much in that case. But seeing people take pills to push themselves harder makes me think, "They're going to be paying extra for that later."

I've known some people who would take aspirin and other stuff like it was candy. Terrible.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I certainly hope not. I've never been able to combine food and sex in my head, and I don't think I would ever want to. I can't even understand how that works honestly.
    The connection between food and sex is Si.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    The connection between food and sex is Si.
    I don't think that means that all Si valuers will be interested in the two together?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Differences between Si+ and Si-.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that means that all Si valuers will be interested in the two together?
    No I don't see why it would mean that.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popping pills and trying to max themselves out is something I have associated with Se valuers based on personal experience.
    Another poster wrote something similar in a thread about drug addicts: her personal experience dictated Se valuers were more likely to be overrepresented in that group.

Of course OP’s relatives can be Si valuers but very miserable if Si-leads or they will be.