Thread: I may have scared a dual. How to behave when you find an identical to someone you know

TIM
    Fi-IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I may have scared a dual. How to behave when you find an identical to someone you know

So I stumbled upon an identical of one of my girl friends, and I scared her because it seemed that I already knew her (in a sense). I even got right the two options she was considering for college, and I lied to her about how I could know her even if we hadn't seen each other before. So she left me without explanation. So what did I do wrong? Wasn't she supposed to like me knowing so much about her?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    So I stumbled upon an identical of one of my girl friends, and I scared her because it seemed that I already knew her (in a sense). I even got right the two options she was considering for college, and I lied to her about how I could know her even if we hadn't seen each other before. So she left me without explanation. So what did I do wrong? Wasn't she supposed to like me knowing so much about her?
    Right.

Every woman wants to be stalked.

So you've tested Socionics and you found that it works.

I happen to believe that there are basically 16, maybe 32 people in the world. If you allow for enneagram variations and instinctual variants, you might be up to 125 or so. This includes only the mentally healthy, though. If you include the people who are each crazy in their own way, then all bets are off. Fortunately, the crazies are limited to about 20% of the population.

Couple that with the fact that very few people know anyone better than 90% of their personality, along with the fact that you really can get along with almost anyone if you are willing to compromise, and you'll find that there are a lot of people whom you could be happy with.

However, for the purposes of successful dating, it is best to treat a woman as if she is unique. As if she is the only example of HER in the known Universe. No one else comes close. Every other woman you've ever met was a crazy witch (Don't play this up too much. All those women had you in common, and this might occur to her.) and all your previous GF's either moved to another continent or died from their horribly bad habits.

@Megatrope, I actually have told women what I believe they are like, or do like, based on Socionics. They will admit that I'm right, and then they will stay far, far away from me.

*EDIT*
    My present plan is to tell them nothing about who they are or how compatible I think we would be. Rather, I'll offer to walk side-by-side with them for a while, and see if they want to walk side-by-side with me, too.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-19-2020 at 09:09 PM.