Thread: How do u even go about finding someone's DCNH type?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do u even go about finding someone's DCNH type?

How do you guys go about it?

Like, my brother seems to be pretty damn normalizing, but then I realized he's LII and doesn't N strengthen Ti-Fi, and I do think he's N, but how do you not confuse the DCNH type with the actual type? Am I looking at it wrong?
    Personally I find the part about how it strengthens an IE pair and also a function in ego/super-ego the most interesting, so I've paid most attention to that part, but is that just more of a side-note to the theory, and I should focus more on the other stuff?

Also, do you go about (trying to) type people's DCNH with the descriptions of each type in mind?

Thanks.
    On the plus side, i figured out my DCNH type. yay.

a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

These are from Gulenko's book. Dominant LII managerial, normalizing explainer, of materials creative constant autonomic thinking, harmonizing visionary.

General descriptions of DCNH subtypes lack resolution when it comes to specific types and it becomes too hard without first hand experience.

Doctor Todd Grande is probably best example of normalizing.

Autonomist Marie-Louise von Franz

David Keirsey visionary

Angela Merkel managerial
    Last edited by COVID 007; 04-15-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

TIM
    ISFp
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to intertype relations, since seemingly dominant subtype gives off mixed signals and thus confuses some, does that mean they'd potentially get along better with memebers of the opposite quadra? Is there ever a crossover?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    How do you guys go about it?

Like, my brother seems to be pretty damn normalizing, but then I realized he's LII and doesn't N strengthen Ti-Fi, and I do think he's N, but how do you not confuse the DCNH type with the actual type? Am I looking at it wrong?
    That's why you need to meet many LIIs of different subtypes so you can compare them and separate the subtype from the main type. But this is a problem anybody will have when typing, even if they are not aware of DCNH. It's just easier to type when you are aware of the problem.

It's important to keep in mind that the N-LII is not necessarily the best example or the "purest" LII. They just happen to be common in society. The subtype that usually shows the most of their main type is the Dominant.

Personally I find the part about how it strengthens an IE pair and also a function in ego/super-ego the most interesting, so I've paid most attention to that part, but is that just more of a side-note to the theory, and I should focus more on the other stuff?
    I think it's best to see DCNH as a separate level in the psyche. It's sort of connected to the main type, but in practice it can be seen as a separate level. Somebody mentioned once that DCNH can be seen as an emergent phenomenon to Model A.

You could probably learn to use DCNH without even knowing about socionics. You'd just type people in 4 types according to the theory.

Any IE can be strengthened on a subtype level. You can find SEIs with strong Se etc. so I think it would be strange to focus only on the ego/superego functions. The DCNH functions seem to be kindof "separated" from the position in model A: A SEI with Harmonizing subtype (strong Ni), is not necessarily using the Role function. Instead the subtype functions seem like secondary, "emergent" functions.

EDIT: DCNH is usually easier to see than the main type
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

My Pinterest

TIM
    LIE-H sp/sx
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find the attitude a person has towards society is very telling.

I agree that you can tell a person's dcnh without knowing their main type, but I do think knowing the type helps too. Personally, I refer to the descriptions from Gulenko's book to help me pinpoint dcnh subtypes.