I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it hard to offend your dual?

Is it hard to offend your dual, comparing for example with identicals (easy if you intend to), mirrors (easy to offend if you try to show off), and activators (no idea)?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once made a male IEI I dated cry on the train oops, and my IEI coworker told me he feels like I’m criticizing him over email.

I’m not sure if I’ve ever offended an IEI though, or any other beta types for that matter.... I did have an SLE Afghani friend in middle/high school, and when I first talked to her I called her a terrorist or something like that LOL. She got angry at me and yelled at me but we were friends still anyway.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I honestly don't think I've ever offended a male Dual in my entire life. On the other hand, I seem to consistently offend the female Duals in one way or another.

It isn't intentional. It seems to just be me being a jerk.
    I think this means I have some serious problems.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My activity partner and I can interact and engage in activities easily and I don't think we've deeply offended each other, but sometimes she may get mad because I make fun of her crushes lol
    But anyway, with her it's fun but there's a lack of emotional connection. I often go to her when I feel like getting my mind off things. With mirror we establish close connections by agreeing that we are pretty alike and have similar skills, although she's way more chill.
    I've never met someone I typed as identical irl.
    Dual is another story, don't think we truly offended one another, although I know the holes to poke for him to do or act a certain way I like. But sometimes it backfires.........................

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

noooo definitely it's easy to offend them and be offended by them but I think the difference between this and bad ITRs is that bad ones will always be bad and there's no way to bridge the gap. But if you stick around with a dual, they'll show you where you're being an ass and, in turn, will trigger tf out of you but *hopefully* in a way that makes you both grow into well rounded people (if you're both mature enough to handle it)

I got into much bigger fights with Beta STs than Delta STs but still love and respect the former more and consistently look to them for guidance
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's as easy to offend one's dual as it is any other type. For example, my dual will often try to tell me what to do and how to do it for even the very simplest of tasks (like a condescending school teacher), and I continue to criticize some of her her rationale in an overly cutting fashion (some have described it as surgery that leaves scars). However, it's more our natures that peek through rather than us trying to offend or hurt, but I can see how duals, who perhaps have issues, could effectively push each others' buttons.....

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you may offend anyone. a dual, having personal sympathy, will need more to feel this and will forgive you easier
    the criticism, advices in weak regions may be perceived more negatively then you may expect. in weak regions people are alike kids, not much adequate

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me: so we separated the workers entrance from the guests entrance in this desig-

EIE male teacher, who worked once on a construction site: wHaT ARe wE, mOnsTers?

You tell me : )
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends, some ESIs can be very touchy, including towards the things I say and do, and others take the things I say and do with more humor/detachment.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not really offended by male SLEs when they do something criminal or offensive. (I have been yelled. at/scolded for this before) I will pretend to chastise them for society I guess - but deep down I don't really care. Not that I enjoy it or it turns me on or anything- its more like I am just so incredibly neutral and numb to it.

I guess in a way this just makes me a typical immoral and satanic homosexual. A bad person. =/ Well if nobody wants to be the bad guy, maybe it starts with me.

The stuff I'm offended by are the stuff 'basic bitches' enjoy, or stuff you would go 'you shouldn't be so sensitive about that' but the stuff most people are offended by, I usually shrug it off easily. My brain is backwards. =p

I am a lot more offended by what I consider incredibly fake displays of compassion and politically correct 'niceness' (Oprahism) then I am to outward, obvious brutality. I mean to a point, of course. Obviously, I don't think we should live in a society where we gleefully consume toddler eyeballs without consequence or anything, there is a limit to what I am saying but this is a huge beta vs. delta social conflict thing to me in a way.

I don't like teachers 'being nice' in a condescending way to people for example- because its obviously fake and slimy and more authoritative than actually good. That's why in my stories I pull the veil and show what they really mean to say.

I'm not offended by female SLEs either- I guess, sometimes they will criticize me yeah and I will feel 'criticized' but it's not offended so much, or I will feel concerned/empathetic because I can sense the good place that it's coming from.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I'm not really offended by male SLEs when they do something criminal or offensive. (I have been yelled. at/scolded for this before) I will pretend to chastise them for society I guess - but deep down I don't really care. Not that I enjoy it or it turns me on or anything- its more like I am just so incredibly neutral and numb to it.

I guess in a way this just makes me a typical immoral and satanic homosexual. A bad person. =/ Well if nobody wants to be the bad guy, maybe it starts with me.

The stuff I'm offended by are the stuff 'basic bitches' enjoy, or stuff you would go 'you shouldn't be so sensitive about that' but the stuff most people are offended by, I usually shrug it off easily. My brain is backwards. =p

I am a lot more offended by what I consider incredibly fake displays of compassion and politically correct 'niceness' (Oprahism) then I am to outward, obvious brutality. I mean to a point, of course. Obviously, I don't think we should live in a society where we gleefully consume toddler eyeballs without consequence or anything, there is a limit to what I am saying but this is a huge beta vs. delta social conflict thing to me in a way.

I don't like teachers 'being nice' in a condescending way to people for example- because its obviously fake and slimy and more authoritative than actually good. That's why in my stories I pull the veil and show what they really mean to say.

I'm not offended by female SLEs either- I guess, sometimes they will criticize me yeah and I will feel 'criticized' but it's not offended so much, or I will feel concerned/empathetic because I can sense the good place that it's coming from.
    I don't think I like either one myself. I don't like Umbridges or Voldemorts lol.