TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default [VIDEO] : can you videotype me?

Hello everyone,

I recently asked to be videotyped in an another typology forum that resembles socionics, yet is not exactly the same (https://cognitivetype.com/).
    Thus, I'm taking this opportunity to ask the socionics community to videotype me as well!

The first video is from last october (at that time, I was only willing to share it via PM) whereas the second one is much more recent.

I would be very interested to know which type you see me as. And because I do want to be able to type people myself (and maybe contibute to this forum in this way??), any source on VI is very much welcomed.

PS: A few months ago, I asked this forum to type me but using photos: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...y-wild-guesses.
    Because this time around I want the main focus to be on the videos, I am therefore starting a new thread.

Thanks in advance for your help!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ni-valuer? and at least 3d fe

edit: changed my mind about Ni, still feel the strong Fe
    Light and airy, SEI or ESE, maybe IEI-Fe or IEE
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 10-04-2020 at 06:29 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE or EII probably.
    I suggest taking the tests from sociotype.com and aim2know

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sounds like SEI-Fe, something like e6 Normalizing subtype, also fits with being a technical writer

I remember an ILE saying that the story in "Little Price" is his guide for relationships and friendships.
    It seems to appeal to Si/Ne types like ILE & EII.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ILI

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your answers!

Looking at your feedback, I come across as very ethical which is interesting since a few months ago I though I was logical! (ILE, LII or ILI more exactly)

I think I value Fi more than Fe though, I relate much more to the "ethics of relations". I might have sometimes an impact on other people's emotions (Fe), but I don't long for that...

The main types that I consider as of now are IEE and ESI, to a lesser degree EII and SEE .

As for the enneagram, I identify as 4 with balanced wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    IEE or EII probably.
    I suggest taking the tests from sociotype.com and aim2know
    I actually took those tests several times now and the result keep changing... I wonder if this could be related to Ne or the EP temperament?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    First impression I got from the second video was Fe in the ego block. Afterwards I opened the first video and I just thought "you resemble Luigi di Maio".

I'm not mutch into VI, I just wanted to "up" this thread considering it got no replies, lol. So just wait for other more competent typings.
    Yesterday on the chat you said that I seemed more expressive than you. Maybe this could be a extroversion/introversion thing rather than a Fe/Fi ?

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    sounds like SEI-Fe, something like e6 Normalizing subtype, also fits with being a technical writer

I remember an ILE saying that the story in "Little Price" is his guide for relationships and friendships.
    It seems to appeal to Si/Ne types like ILE & EII.
    I remember saying that! You said this appeals to ILE and EII, therefore maybe a EII could say that as well
    Last edited by Xima; 04-08-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII-Fi 9w1 sp/sx is super obvious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you remind Taika Waititi, who I suppose as INFP / IEI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE, I implore you to read the Gulenko Profile and the Subtypes descriptions on wikisocion (those Subtypes are not either/or; some people are firm in one vs. the other, some fluctuate, some are both 'equally').

For others: His "smileyness" could be Role Fe, not some super powerful Fe. Role is what we don't want others* to think we're bad at, being Ej he especially cares about others perceptions.
    (* gross, public "others" - not particularly one-on-one type)
    Last edited by Quez; 04-24-2020 at 11:43 PM.

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quez View Post
    LIE, I implore you to read the Gulenko Profile and the Subtypes descriptions on wikisocion (those Subtypes are not either/or; some people are firm in one vs. the other, some fluctuate, some are both 'equally').

For others: His "smileyness" could be Role Fe, not some super powerful Fe. Role is what we don't want others* to think we're bad at, being Ej he especially cares about others perceptions.
    (* gross, public "others" - not particularly one-on-one type)
    Very interesting! I remember reading that Gulenko description and thinking that it fitted me (back then I was convinced I was either ILE, ILE or LII).
    Being LIE could explain a lot, for example:
    - My rocky relations with Fe-creative types. They're good people, just not for me.
    - Why I value Fi so much.
    - and yes, I do care about other's perception!

As for the subtypes description, the Ni-subtype description is spot on too. Just the first sentence ("The intuitive subtype is pleasant and considerate in dialogue.") could explain why so many saw "F-ness" in me and why some though I had Fe in my ego block.

Now I'm convinced I'm some sort of intuitive extrovert. I'm especially torn between IEE and LIE. Thanks for your input!

EDIT: I read the Te-subtype description too fast. I could see myself being LIE-Te as well!
    Last edited by Xima; 04-25-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xima View Post
    Very interesting! I remember reading that Gulenko description and thinking that it fitted me (back then I was convinced I was either ILE, ILE or LII).
    Being LIE could explain a lot, for example:
    - My rocky relations with Fe-creative types. They're good people, just not for me.
    - Why I value Fi so much.
    - and yes, I do care about other's perception!

As for the subtypes description, the Ni-subtype description is spot on too. Just the first sentence ("The intuitive subtype is pleasant and considerate in dialogue.") could explain why so many saw "F-ness" in me and why some though I had Fe in my ego block.

Now I'm convinced I'm some sort of intuitive extrovert. I'm especially torn between IEE and LIE. Thanks for your input!

EDIT: I read the Te-subtype description too fast. I could see myself being LIE-Te as well!
    Cool, I wish you well!

The thing is with that Subtype system it's said certain other functions ("Inert" vs "Contact") are boosted, but because it is more common for one's Subtype side to not be firm or strong, what is or isn't boosted may be a wash. Combining both is still a representation of the Base Type (as you said, see yourself in the Te subtype as well).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

introvert delta

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quez View Post
    Cool, I wish you well!

The thing is with that Subtype system it's said certain other functions ("Inert" vs "Contact") are boosted, but because it is more common for one's Subtype side to not be firm or strong, what is or isn't boosted may be a wash. Combining both is still a representation of the Base Type (as you said, see yourself in the Te subtype as well).
    Can you tell me why you think that I am LIE?
    And out of curiosity, which type do you identify yourself as?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second LIE suggestion. You remind me of 2 LIEs I've met, one of them especially looked similar to you.

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[UP]
    Any new feedback welcome.
    Currently seeing myself as ENxx.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your current avatar is SLI, but I think you are ESI from VI. Introverted Fi-dom for sure. But I think you are ESI over EII. "My smile is honest and sincere." = Fi valuing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII final type
    I don't see a lot of Fe
    You maybe

I see more Fi
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-04-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Currently seeing myself as ENxx.
    *NFP

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Your current avatar is SLI, but I think you are ESI from VI. Introverted Fi-dom for sure. But I think you are ESI over EII. "My smile is honest and sincere." = Fi valuing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    EII final type
    I don't see a lot of Fe
    You maybe

I see more Fi
    I have to agree with both on you on the Fi part, but I think I am leaning towards the extroverted side.

Also I don't know about Fe, like I don't find myself emoting that much on the videos but I recently tested ENFj-Fe on sociotype.com and this subtype is said to be "usually modest and constrained in their emotional expression". The rest of the description fitted me well too so I was curious to see if anybody else could see it. Looks like you don't. But other people on this forum did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    *NFP
    I am especially torn between ENFp and ENFj, but wanted to keep the options open.
    You previously said I reminded you of some INFp. Do you get a conflictor vibe or an activity vibe from me?

EDIT:
    Some additional info:
    - I can clearly see myself having 1DTi and 1DSi. I'm quite unsure about which one I value the most.
    - Although it is a totally different typing system, I think it is interesting to note that I got typed as Ne-Fi in cognitivetype.com.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You previously said I reminded you of some INFp. Do you get a conflictor vibe or an activity vibe from me?
    By the look and nonverbal you suprisingly reminded that IEI actor.
    Bad/good IR effects is one of impressions - it's not always clear for concrete human. I doubt still.

You may try IR test. Mb it will show your values.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe>IEE-Fi

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    What I find interesting is that @Xima and I got both typed by the same professional typing service and seeing our typings in here I can't help but notice some patterns.
    In cognitive type we both got Ne dominant, with him having Fi and me having Ti.

Considering you typed me most likely xLI after seeing my vid, and typed Xima most likely xEI, it's easy to see that there may be a correspondance between your introverted irrationals and cognitive type's extroverted irrationals.

Another pattern I noticed is that @Adam Strange 's visual idea of ESI corresponds to cognitive type's visual idea of Ne dominant types.

I ain't gonna type Xima further, but I think he'll find this message interesting. Cause this is just further proof of a very obvious concept: we all see the same things, but associate them with different functions, dichotomies or other stuff. And in the end considering how abstract of a concept cognitive functions are, the only thing we can do is to accept the fact there will never be consensus, since we all have different correlation systems.

Adam Strange is right. So is Duschia, and so is Cognitive Type. You just have to try to put yourself in the shoes of everybody so that you can speak a "common language". And in the end you'll come up with your own system or will realise one of the others you have tried will feel the most comfortable.

I wish you a nice experience in the rest of your typology journey, Xima.
    That's a nice way to put it, very poetic too.
    Getting to know ourselves is one hell of a journey.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To the EIE life is filled with meaning when it contains emotional heat and dramatic experiences. He guesses which idea will take the imaginations if people and shape their feelings in the correct manner.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say IEE or at least delta NF

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--Wants to have lots of knowledge, keep options open

(Te-valuing)

--You don’t like to answer a question unless it’s inspired, genuine

(Fi-valuing)

--Don’t like routine, like to keep options open, you see many possibilities

(Ne or P irrational)

--Likes to be out and about. Hiking/Discovering/Exploring new territories

(Si-associated activities)

--Decorating and making your room pleasant, like feeling good about taking care of your appearance

(Si-valuing)

--Don't relate to Fe or Fe-creative

(weak Fe)

IEE

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought IEI at first, your face is somewhat expressive not gonna lie. I don't know though for sure.

I do find it hard to believe you have 1DTi and are a technical writer, in the case of EIE.

And I think you might be a XXXp because you seemed to not have any answer come to mind with a lot of the questions, like you needed time to think on it.

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych View Post
    Be careful with VI...at least before you use it to ultimately settle on a type. It actually goes for professional typing services too. My brother looks like an introvert through VI, because it’s very shallow but in reality he is an extrovert. Maybe the social-lastness on enneagram might be a factor. But regardless, I don’t expect anybody to type him an extrovert based on VI. Although in my opinion he is clearly 1D Fi and has very obvious, as in a 2 year old child can tell obvious, gamma values.

anyways... so yeah, VI is superficial. But at the very least the club might be correct (NT, ST) etc.
    I completely agree. I guess I was looking for some closure, but it won't happen without studying the material a little more. VI is definitely not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I thought IEI at first, your face is somewhat expressive not gonna lie. I don't know though for sure.

I do find it hard to believe you have 1DTi and are a technical writer, in the case of EIE.

And I think you might be a XXXp because you seemed to not have any answer come to mind with a lot of the questions, like you needed time to think on it.
    It is interesting and relevant to take into consideration my position as a technical writer. It allows me to clarify a little more about what I do:
    - I am not a technical writer in the anglo-saxon sense of the term. My job essentially consists of improving the readbility of technical documents. Granted, my job is still Ti-oriented, but it is more about readability.
    - I have already been told that I sometimes lacked logic when reviewing those documents, hence me thinking I could have 1DTi. Besides, I can sometimes get lost in Ti-details. I think my intuition helps dealing with concepts though.
    - Since I recorded the videos, my position is actually "Project Manager in technical communication". I still review professional documents, but that's since part of a bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    --Wants to have lots of knowledge, keep options open

(Te-valuing)

--You don’t like to answer a question unless it’s inspired, genuine

(Fi-valuing)

--Don’t like routine, like to keep options open, you see many possibilities

(Ne or P irrational)

--Likes to be out and about. Hiking/Discovering/Exploring new territories

(Si-associated activities)

--Decorating and making your room pleasant, like feeling good about taking care of your appearance

(Si-valuing)

--Don't relate to Fe or Fe-creative

(weak Fe)

IEE
    Clear analysis, my supposedly Te-seeking is very pleased!

>>>>> I think I might be IEE, but won't settle for now.
    Any new input still welcomed

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting and relevant to take into consideration my position as a technical writer. It allows me to clarify a little more about what I do:
    - I am not a technical writer in the anglo-saxon sense of the term. My job essentially consists of improving the readbility of technical documents. Granted, my job is still Ti-oriented, but it is more about readability.
    - I have already been told that I sometimes lacked logic when reviewing those documents, hence me thinking I could have 1DTi. Besides, I can sometimes get lost in Ti-details. I think my intuition helps dealing with concepts though.
    - Since I recorded the videos, my position is actually "Project Manager in technical communication". I still review professional documents, but that's since part of a bigger picture.
    Besides I actually think this is why I thought for so long that I was some NT type as I tend to associate and adapt my identity with what I am doing, kinda like a chameleon (being a 3w4 doesn't help). I think this can be linked to Ne, or at least the EP temperament. What do you guys think?

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Peter's analyses are usually very-concise Ti, not Te. Just fyi.
    Indeed
    All about perception...

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    More like a Ni-thing (ego) tbh, at least in my experience.
    As a Ni-lead, is it something you happen to do alot? Or do you think it is more characteristic of Ni-creatives?

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Fe+Ni is probably the most adaptable in terms of being a social chameleon. Fe is always adapting to the mood and energy of the environment.
    Ni+Fe can be somewhat oblivious of the environment because their inner workings reign supreme.
    Te+Ni is just kind of there.
    Ni+Te is more subtle but you can tell there is some calculation behind the scenes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Just saying Fe with Ni tends to assume the role/identity. Because they are so outwardly focused, they can get lost in it. I think that's why EIEs are often seen as very doubting and turbulent because they are merging too much with outside feedback.

So Ni doms and creatives probably do it slightly differently.
    Litteraly what I am doing right now. I find this very helpful. Thank you.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the videos I would say EIE-Ni (maybe Ni-Harmonizing with a IEI subtype) (& 4w5 so/sx for the mandala rug on the wall)

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do I give off a "dual" vibe to anybody?

Looking back, I find it interesting how lots of people who replied to this thread saw me as NF. Yet, I find it weird that:
    - several delta NF thought I was beta NF!
    - several beta NF thought I was delta NF!

After this thread, I've been thinking I was EIE. Now I'm in one of these period where I feel like I value Fi more than Fe and that I could really be a sensor too.

You know what this means? It is time for me to "UP" this thread.

I'm pretty sure I am extroverted and ethical.
    Therefore this time around, I am limiting the possible answers to EIE, ESE, SEE and IEE!

Who wants to take a guess?

If you do, here's some additional info:
    • I would say the shorter video looks more like me on a daily basis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbtyz3BmJ4U) while the longer one looks more like me in a professionnal setting (at least at first, then I become myself again)
    • I am a sx 4w3.
    • If you want still photos, there they are : https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...y-wild-guesses.
    • @Sol: I did try your IR test. But now I feel like I'm biaised. All I remember is that I found that ESI asmr guy very sympathetic (Fredsvoice).

Do I give off a "dual" vibe to anybody??

Thanks in advance for everybody who will take the time to reply!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Xima

> Sol: I did try your IR test. But now I feel like I'm biaised. All I remember is that I found that ESI asmr guy very sympathetic (Fredsvoice).

It can be useful to try the test after 12 monthes again. Also, mb I'll update it to that time.

Most possibly you have IEI.

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol: Thanks for your feedback yet I find the idea of having some ExTx type as my dual appalling to say the least (probably some Fi-repulsion thing).
    I might try your updated test though.

. . . .

I get it, VI is far from being enough to type someone, but it is still interesting to see how people come out just by VI... and how it can differ from the actual type.
    I suppose it can be a good indicator for some, not sure about me! Too many "Ne" I guess.

After a lot of research, I am leaning towards SEE-Fi, which is the description that fits me the most at that moment, functions wise and quadra wise.
    I probably said it in another post, but I relate to the gamma quadra A LOT more than the others, alpha and delta being the ones I relate the least with.

I am getting a fairly good grasp on my type, but because I LOVE receiving feedbacks based of VI, I am still very interested to hear from you guys!
    I would be especially interested to know if I give off "dual vibes" to anybody
    Last edited by Xima; 07-12-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot lie, I spy Fi

I will admit to not watching and listening too closely, so sorry, but going off of general vibe and VI I felt willing to contribute my two cents.
    I don’t want to assert anything past Fi ego, but the instant I saw your face I thought of ISFj and INFj from Filatova’s portraits so maybe that is worth something. Take a look, I think you’ll see a resemblance: http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...es_by_Filatova