TIM
    EII-N, 4w5, sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello

Hi, everyone.

I'm an EII, 4w5. I've studied Socionics for about 8 months (as of this post), after switching from MBTI, which I'd studied for 3-5 years. Socionics seemed abstruse and difficult to learn, unlike MBTI, which abounded in cute infographics. However, I'm delighted to have transitioned.

Socionics is far better.

PS: I also forgo translating between Socionics types and MBTI types. Translation's quite a common fallacy, isn't it? It saddens me, to behold an MBTI veteran read nothing about Socionics, yet confidently equate two types.

INFJ INFj ≠ INFP

Have a nice day, everyone. You might see me around, sometime.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome.

Socionics and MBTI are both trying to describe the same phenomenon. But Socionics does it better and more accurate. MBTI is really messed up with the incorrect understanding of Si and the J/P mess. So there is no need to translate between types. Once a person has found his Socionics type then that's his type, and identifying an "MBTI type" will add nothing.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)