I've noticed that I struggle with proper etiquette at times and was wondering if it may be type-related. When in social situations, I naturally use Mr. and Mrs. when talking to people who are older than me. This even carried over to the forum as I call (Adam Strange) Mr. Strange because everything else feels weird. For people that I do not know or know very little, I avoid using their names at all because it feels wrong without us having actually talked about anything. I also make a conscious effort to never forget people's names and to address them properly but I don't care if people get my name wrong. @Adam Strange

I don't consider myself a shy person but I just can't use people's names if we haven't actually been introduced to one another. Whether through my initiative or their own. I have a hard time knowing how people feel about me. Like I sense something is off but not exactly what it is. I feel like if I use your name that we should "know" each other to some extent and I normally push for it to happen. I don't maintain it though and I love when other people proudly state our bond to one another as it gives me confidence that this connection can last. My SEE friends often inadvertently offend other people and I am very aware when they violate social graces and don't face scrutiny.

I feel as if I must respond to social etiquette but not to emotional energy. For example, if I'm in a bad mood, I will completely shrug off and ignore people who are just smiling and telling me that it gets better. I don't eat and actively begin to kill the atmosphere around me and normally leave once I notice how I'm affecting people. On the other hand, I always respond if someone just straight up asks how I'm doing. I may not respond truthfully but a piece of me hopes that they might dig in and help me It's more of a smokescreen than a wall which some people perceive it as. No matter how angry I get, I will respond at least somewhat positively to people who just talk to me without making me feel like a kid while doing it.