Thread: It's another dimension, you're your dual's type, who are you? What do you do?

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's another dimension, you're your dual's type, who are you? What do you do?

Tortured artist. Popular enough not to starve. Favorite shirt is a distressed white T. Long hair, don't care. Neck tattoos. Brood a lot. Fuck a lot. Party a lot. Cry alone a lot. "Still waters run deep." Eventually I'm found dead. But my pain, made purpose, is immortalized.

lulz I think self quarantine is beginning to make me "spiral" towards my subconscious and so the above becomes more attractive by the day.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be an empath, crying because people suck, society sucks, no one understands, the world is still too imperfect, I want to help people desperately...so...desperately.
    I'd also know the Truth and seek uNderlYinG meanings over the surface level impressions.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Tortured artist. Popular enough not to starve. Favorite shirt is a distressed white T. Long hair, don't care. Neck tattoos. Brood a lot. Fuck a lot. Party a lot. Cry alone a lot. "Still waters run deep." Eventually I'm found dead. But my pain, made purpose, is immortalized.

lulz I think self quarantine is beginning to make me "spiral" towards my subconscious and so the above becomes more attractive by the day.
    @Alonzo, this is hilarious and pretty much true.

I've tried to imagine who I'd be if I were my dual, but it is tough. I tried to think back to the time before I knew what I was good at, and "tortured artist who wasn't very good and could not make money at my art" comes to mind. And a girl in HS actually said of me, "Still waters run deep". Good grief.

But it is really, really hard for me to imagine that person. My mind recoils when I try to go there. Bad experiences, probably.

In high school, I bought a small lathe with my summer earnings and so naturally I had to find a use for it. (This is the exact opposite of the successful capitalist process, in which you first find a customer's need and then figure out how to fill it. For money.)
    I decided to make aluminum bronze candlesticks as Christmas gifts. But first, I had to build a gas furnace to melt the aluminum and copper in order to make the bronze, and had to learn pattern-making and build a cope and a drag and find foundry sand and make the wood patterns, and after I did that and cast the candlesticks (after many, many failed attempts), I tried to machine them. I hadn't counted on the stray iron contaminants in the metals forming iron carbides in the bronze, which made the candlesticks harder than the cutting tools. Aluminum bronze would make a wicked sword. The stuff was sharp as hell and didn't rust and was colored gold (which is why I wanted to use the material for candlesticks - never mind that no normal person uses candles.) The castings were so hard that they were machining the tool bits in the lathe. Naturally, I ran out of time and Christmas arrived and I had nothing to show for my efforts. And so on. A huge amount of time and effort and labor to get something that I could have simply bought for 1% of my costs.

"The ESI will sometimes spend a lot to save a little." <That's my inner demon.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gym bro. Balanced and healthy diet. Obsessed with cars. “Cool guy”. Tough guy. (Relatively) Organized and patient. Logically inclined. I think that about covers it.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚