Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attacks on the Point of Least Resistance (PoLR)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    But the convo clearly wasn’t about rarity...you said that it is inherently part of se PoLR to be put off by “cowardly, weak” etc. and I get it, and I tried to explain to you that the reason bullies are such is bc they are doing something wrong and by norms I meant the second dimension in socionics IEs. 1D types have a notoriously difficult time accessing that or being assuaged by that. Hence the fear remains. Hence we see the world as colored by our (often negative) experiences with the PoLR and worldview does not change.

it’s not about whether bullying is rare it’s that considering everything can you have a more balanced perspective on things. But anyways I also don’t want to overstep since I do not know your personal experiences.

Normative perceptions on Se

–Safety - a must. Need to protect yourself, loved ones, your home, your home from attack.
    –Attack - a necessity. Need to attack, to not attack you on the first (best defense - attack).
    –Discipline - is required.
    –Show wanton aggression - badly.<<<
    –Need to eliminate the cause of the pressure.
    –"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."
    –"Self comes first"
    –Subordination of junior senior.
    –"Who does not feed its own army will feed someone else."
    –"Speed humps do not beat."
    –No excess protection.
    –The right of the owner - the owner of the rights to their territory.
    –Brothers must protect and care (material) of each other.
    –The husband has the right to his wife (wives accountability).
    –A man must protect his wife (family).
    –A man should be able to support his family.
    –A real man does not show weakness.
    –This man has to serve in the army.
    This whole thing proves my point. Look at that list! To be a guy and deep down inside feel like you can't do that fuckin sucks! How the hell are you supposed to feel like a man?! You think because I'm 1D Se I don't think those exact same things? I do, I'm not so progressive to be completely removed from any kind of gender expectation. I see standards I want to live up to but deep down inside feel like I don't even have the capacity to. I don't see how fear of loud emotions, being late, being rejected, and what not compare to a feeling like you can't fulfill a basic life principle like " A man should protect his family." YES HE SHOULD! basic life rule, that I feel like I can't even fulfill for my own self. A burden I expect myself to lift but feel like is too heavy. And I don't want to have to be attracted to men or identify as something other than what I actually am to feel like I don't have to hate myself for being so incapable of living up to basic life principles.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    This whole thing proves my point. Look at that list! To be a guy and deep down inside feel like you can't do that fuckin sucks! How the hell are you supposed to feel like a man?! You think because I'm 1D Se I don't think those exact same things? I do, I'm not so progressive to be completely removed from any kind of gender expectation. I see standards I want to live up to but deep down inside feel like I don't even have the capacity to. I don't see how fear of loud emotions, being late, being rejected, and what not compare to a basic life principle like " A man should protect his family." YES HE SHOULD! basic life rule, that I feel like I can't even fulfill for my own self. A burden I expect myself to lift but feel like is too heavy. And I don't want to have to be attracted to men or identify as something other than what I actually am to feel like I don't have to hate myself for being so incapable of living up to basic life principles.
    Out of curiosity why do you feel like you can’t do these things? I relate btw as an Fi polr, which makes me feel like “not a real woman” sometimes.

Do you really feel like you can’t do them or is it mostly insecurity?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Out of curiosity why do you feel like you can’t do these things? I relate btw as an Fi polr, which makes me feel like “not a real woman” sometimes.

Do you really feel like you can’t do them or is it mostly insecurity?
    I feel like I don't know, so yes an insecurity. And I feel like it seems over my head, and just having fear of something I feel like I should do, feels like a fear I shouldn't have and only a coward would have. These things, whenever they are talked about anywhere, conversation, TV, media, whatever, are always talked about in confidence. The lack of confidence concerns the hell out of me, because if I was ever in the situation I don't know if I could do what I had to.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a good example of not knowing if I can handle Se things. I did karate, I did it to try and get rid of this fear. I entered a tournament. My no.1 fear was getting punched in the face, because I had no idea whether it would knock me unconscious or what. When the guy punched me square in my face, after realizing I did not die and it wasn't the end of the world, I felt extremely alive and in touch with some sense of the limits or strengths or whatever, capabilities of my body. I literally had to leave my persona off the mat in order to compete, every inch of me that was timid, non aggressive, and reactive and not proactive I had to leave off the mat. I had to be someone else. I had some sense of what my body could take without dieing after that punch, and it was almost like a revelation. It helped me feel like maybe my body is stronger than I thought, but before that I had no idea what I could and couldn't take as a punch. I don't know what my own body is capable of or not capable of doing to the outside world, and what it can or can't take most of the time. So in a situation where my strength is needed, whether it is a physical fight, or just using my voice to assert myself, I don't know if the pressure I could put out is ever enough to deal with the pressure someone is putting against me, I also don't know the right pressure, I don't have a go to reaction or anything. I don't know if I can "eliminate the cause of the pressure." for me, or my family, or friends, or loved ones. That makes me feel powerless to the world around me and makes me do dumb shit to deal with that feeling, like fantasizing about eliminating the "pressure", threat, person who did me wrong. Or straight up lieing in highschool about being in a gang so people can think twice before they mess with me, or beating up kids smaller than me so I can feel like I was stronger than something in the world around me just to escape the constant feeling of being weak.

Anyway, Se PoLR sucks bad.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 10-31-2020 at 01:01 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a good example of not knowing if I can handle Se things. I did karate, I did it to try and get rid of this fear. I entered a tournament. My no.1 fear was getting punched in the face, because I had no idea whether it would knock me unconscious or what. When the guy punched me square in my face, after realizing I did not die and it wasn't the end of the world, I felt extremely alive and in touch with some sense of the limits or strengths or whatever, capabilities of my body. I literally had to leave my persona off the mat in order to compete, every inch of me that was timid, non aggressive, and reactive and not proactive I had to leave off the mat. I had to be someone else. I had some sense of what my body could take without dieing after that punch, and it was almost like a revelation. It helped me feel like maybe my body is stronger than I thought, but before that I had no idea what I could and couldn't take as a punch. I don't know what my own body is capable of or not capable of doing to the outside world, and what it can or can't take most of the time. So in a situation where my strength is needed, whether it is a physical fight, or just using my voice to assert myself, I don't know if the pressure I could put out is ever enough to deal with the pressure someone is putting against me, I also don't know the right pressure, I don't have a go to reaction or anything. I don't know if I can "eliminate the cause of the pressure." for me, or my family, or friends, or loved ones. That makes me feel powerless to the world around me and makes me do dumb shit to deal with that feeling, like fantasizing about eliminating the "pressure", threat, person who did me wrong. Or straight up lieing in highschool about being in a gang so people can think twice before they mess with me, or beating up kids smaller than me so I can feel like I was stronger than something in the world around me just to escape feeling weak all the time.

Anyway, Se PoLR sucks bad.
    I feel like inside of every PoLR is the ability to go super saiyan when it’s needed.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My dad was SEE and attacked my polr by having many social gatherings lol
    #living in introverts’s exhile
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Every time when butthole raises its ugly head around the corner and I only have sandpaper instead of lube.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se norms dictate that wanton is aggression is “wrong” therefore most se types unlikely to behave that way, therefore, against norms. Se doesn’t equal bullying neither se PoLR equals being left to fight in literal life or death, per se. It depends on the associations one personally assigns to their PoLR based on their own experiences. Usually negative with PoLR obviously.
    Don't know where I said Se equals bullying or Se PoLR means you have to fight for you life.

I did say though that bullying is normal/common/frequent/happens often, it's not rare, not unusual, or an anomaly, probably happens more than you think, and that Se PoLR can make someone feel like if they ever had to fight they would get trampled on, hence feeling like you can't protect yourself, or keep you or other people around you safe if your life did ever God forbid depend on it. But then again I am a boy and life expects that from me, I expect that from me, and I feel like I couldn't do it if I had to, hence feeling weak and cowardly and like alot of things people say you shouldn't be.

Does society unanimously give someone with Ni/Ne/Te/Fi/Fe PoLR a hard time? Do they say "these traits are looked down upon". I can't think of a clear one word example to "condemn" anyone for those PoLRs except maybe asshole for Fi PoLR and like I said someone with that wouldn't care anyway, they have the super power of unfeeling. But life does not like a coward, pussy, bitch, wimp, whatever, there's enough words to make you feel like shit for having the PoLR, like you don't feel that way already without the help of someone else reminding you, and the worst part is I don't disagree with the world on this one. Being a coward is not ever good or ok by anyone's standards, even the coward's, and feeling like you are deep down what the world around you and you yourself condemn is not a good experience. Hating yourself starts to feel like progress when you feel that way.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know where I said Se equals bullying or Se PoLR means you have to fight for you life.

I did say though that bullying is normal/common/frequent/happens often, it's not rare, not unusual, or an anomaly, probably happens more than you think, and that Se PoLR can make someone feel like if they ever had to fight they would get trampled on, hence feeling like you can't protect yourself, or keep you or other people around you safe if your life did ever God forbid depend on it. But then again I am a boy and life expects that from me, I expect that from me, and I feel like I couldn't do it if I had to, hence feeling weak and cowardly and like alot of things people say you shouldn't be.

Does society unanimously give someone with Ni/Ne/Te/Fi/Fe PoLR a hard time? Do they say "these traits are looked down upon". I can't think of a clear one word example to "condemn" anyone for those PoLRs except maybe asshole for Fi PoLR and like I said someone with that wouldn't care anyway, they have the super power of unfeeling. But life does not like a coward, pussy, bitch, wimp, whatever, there's enough words to make you feel like shit for having the PoLR, like you don't feel that way already without the help of someone else reminding you, and the worst part is I don't disagree with the world on this one. Being a coward is not ever good or ok by anyone's standards, even the coward's, and feeling like you are deep down what the world around you and other's condemn is not a good experience. Self hate starts feeling like progress when you feel that way.
    Sorry to reply to your sincere, thorough posts in here with one-liners but while I feel for you (just a lil bit cuz I’m an Fi polr demon lol), I also think everyone subjectively feels their polr is this way.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seemed to have not understood what I meant by norms which is why I corrected it. And generally it seems everything I said was never really understood.

IMHO you do catastrophize because you equate being se PoLR as being somehow worse than other polrs (it’s not), which you have repeatedly qualified by “se PoLR literally means you aren’t able to defend yourself in physical life or death, this is so much worse than other polrs) but I disagree IEs are pretty universal and part of almost every single experience.

anyways hope that makes it somewhat clearer.

if you’re indeed se PoLR, the nature of the 1D function makes it difficult to get out of the negative state of mind, which is why o brought up norms. Which is why I brought up bullying is “wrong” because in my case at least I almost could not fully understand how what I had been put through was wrong and I was just supposed to deal with it because “the world is like that” and it seriously messed me up at the time.

and then I realized the reason was that the norms just weren’t registering like they would to anyone with at least 2D access to the element; which would help them protect themselves misuse of it.
    I think what you mean by normal is, bullying is not "healthy" when you said normal. It's not normal healthy behavior. And when I said bullying is normal I mean normal as in common, happens often, regardless if it's healthy or good or bad.

I think it hurts to have this PoLR more than other PoLRs yes. Why do I think this? Because the risks are worse than other PoLRs. There's no life or death (at least at the hand of an attacker) with other PoLRs. And I don't think it means you can't defend yourself, it means you don't believe you can and live in fear that you can't. Is it actually worse to have? Idk, I'd argue in reality Si is probably the worst to actually have, but it definitely feels horrible and yes I think it feels worse especially since you get unanimously insulted for it like it's a plague one should never have, which is something I actually agree with that. I think the experience of having this PoLR is worse than having others, not that this PoLR is actually worse than other's if that makes sense. Walking around feeling weak and crushable I think is worse than fear of loud emotions/being rejected/not seeing something from multiple angles or whatever.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lord Pixel Also, sorry if this is an Se polr hit because of my Se style of reasoning, but you have no actual proof that you’ve been unable to protect others in actually important situations, right? Maybe realizing the extent to which it’s a largely unfounded insecurity would help? You’ve even taken measures to try things like learning karate etc. You should do more of those things to realize your proficiencies and build your confidence.

I think you are taking socionics a bit too literally here. Don’t just let some negative interpretations of a theory determine and stagnate your well-being.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lord Pixel Also, sorry if this is an Se polr hit because of my Se style of reasoning, but you have no actual proof that you’ve been unable to protect others in actually important situations, right? Maybe realizing the extent to which it’s a largely unfounded insecurity would help? You’ve even taken measures to try things like learning karate etc. You should do more of those things to realize your proficiencies and build your confidence.

I think you are taking socionics a bit too literally here. Don’t just let some negative interpretations of a theory determine and stagnate your well-being.
    I wish that's all they were.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish that's all they were.
    Exactly what objective evidence makes you think they’re more than that? When it comes to you and your Se Polr.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean but it was a misread. I used the word "norms" specifically in my original post where this misunderstanding originated. And I say this because I have read a couple of Russian socionics articles on this and nothing I have said here is new info; it's directly from those sources.

So I wasn't really talking about how common bullying is, I was saying that hey, maybe your 1D Se makes you focus on the negative side of Se, which in a way you might end up conflating with Se. I mean, we are intelligent so we understand that's not all there is to Se, but when we think of Se, we think of those anxiety-provoking scenarios without much ability to assuage ourselves - and if someone tells you "hey this is actually wrong that someone bullied you," you actually won't feel better! Because the norms don't help out the PoLR. At least according to that article.

I would hope most humans do not want to attack someone and put them in a life or death situation, so that is indeed rare.

As for Se insults, I hear you, you said that being a guy, the word "coward" might hit you worse. But the thing is - and I don't need to say this because socionics says this a million times - your dual, or heck even just people who are good for you, appreciate you for exactly who you are. I doubt they would think of you as less manly or anything like that.
    The only reason bullying came up is because you said it's not normal for someone to harm someone they think is weak(my guess is you meant not healty or ok to do that), I thought you meant it's not common since you said the word normal and that's not true because bullies hurt weaker people all the time, hence why I said bullying is normal/common. So yea I misunderstood you and I get what you mean now. My entire point with bullying is that is happens often.

I'm not talking about Se as a whole function. I'm talking about the fears of Se PoLR. I'm not even talking about Se types. I'm talking about how Se PoLR makes me feel weak. Not Se types, not negative sides of Se, but how feeling like I have no Se makes me feel completely powerless.

Yes life or death "fights" are rare, yes I have an extreme view of a PoLR. And I think this extreme view is worse to have than other PoLRs, it makes me feel like at the end of the day I could fucking DIE because of it, and there's nothing to stop that from happening not even me because I can't protect myself. Tell me how fear of Ni or Fi or Ti or Te or whatever is the same? Deep down the core fear is I can't protect myself from getting killed, if someone wanted to they could do it easily, I feel like I could drop and break if someone decided to push me and that SUCKS! An over paranoid glass on a wobbly table, hoping nobody tips it over, but can't do anything to stop them. Yes! An extreme view! Maybe Fi PoLR deep down feels like they can't be loved, and that definitely sounds like it sucks and is no life to live, maybe Fe PoLR deep down feels like they can't express how they really feel to their loved ones, who knows, and deep down that sounds like it sucks too, but when weighing the fears, one fears for their life while the other's don't! Except maybe Si.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 10-31-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly what objective evidence makes you think they’re more than that? When it comes to you and your Se Polr.
    All I have is past memories and regrets of moments where I should have done something and didn't, could I protect myself, maybe maybe not, will I though? Looking at past habits I hate to say I might not again, and I used to not know wtf was wrong with me. I used to feel like the piece of people that makes them fight back I didn't get when I was born.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I have is past memories and regrets of moments where I should have done something and didn't, could I protect myself, maybe maybe not, will I though? Looking at past habits I hate to say I might not again, and I used to not know wtf was wrong with me. I used to feel like the piece of people that makes them fight back I didn't get when I was born.
    Did this result in any serious permanent injuries though?

And do you have any memories of situations where you were unable to protect others?

I’m gonna go ahead and guess no.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did this result in any serious permanent injuries though?

And do you have any memories of situations where you were unable to protect others?

I’m gonna go ahead and guess no.
    Not permanent injuries but if a situation came up I can't imagine I would act different, I hope I would but I don't know. I don't have that assurance to know I'm gonna be alright.

And yes to that last one and that's a regret I do my best to hide from myself. I was there and I did fucking absolutely fucking nothing.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not permanent injuries but if a situation came up I can't imagine I would act different, I hope I would but I don't know. I don't have that assurance.

And yes to that last one and that's a regret I do my best to hide from myself. I was there and I did fucking absolutely fucking nothing.
    Would you like to share it? It’s probably not as bad as you think, even from the perspective of an Se dom. You can even PM me if you want.

It’s notable already that you’re talking about one event only here rather than more than one, which means you’ve successfully prevented or avoided these situations since then.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you like to share it? It’s probably not as bad as you think, even from the perspective of an Se dom. You can even PM me if you want.
    Nah. It's fucks me up to think about.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 10-31-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean this is kind of repetitive now, but like I said before, this is called catastrophization. Anxiety usually begins with something legitimate but evolves into an exaggerated fear of something not very likely to happen, and then you fixate...imagine it...and yes of course that you could be in that situation is real, but is it worth psyching yourself out over? Also no one wants to be in a life or death situation, that would scare anymore. Regardless of whatever PoLR may or may not be involved. Yes, they will get traumatized.

Honestly, try logging this into a thought record sheet. Use the Cognitive Distortions list and enter which ones you are using somewhere in there.

and here maybe these might be useful:
    http://socionicasys.org/biblioteka/s...cii-ne-slabyje
    http://socionicasys.org/biblioteka/s...ovanie-strahov
    http://socionicasys.org/biblioteka/s...samonabludenij
    Is the fear reasonable? Is any PoLR fear reasonable?

My point? This unreasonable fear is the worst to have considering at its core it involves losing your life, at the hand of someone else, and being completely helpless to stop it.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 10-31-2020 at 05:21 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah.
    Okay...

Well like I said, if this has only happened once and basically traumatized you into focusing on it since then, it’s unlikely to ever happen again in the same way. And if you are worried, you should take more action to develop yourself rather than just being paranoid about it.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know LP, I think you don't need to be Se PoLR to be vulnerable to that. I am not sure why you keep equating it with Se PoLR. Literally anybody could physically overpower you and kill you, even if you are Se ego.
    While this is technically very true, I want to mention that I do have confidence in myself that this would be very difficult or unlikely to happen. I personally do literally feel more strong/capable than the average person in this regard, and I’d imagine other Se egos do too.

Generally people do have at least a few valid reasons for feeling the way they do. LP has stated that some events did influence his paranoia. I mean, he’s been physically attacked before and has seen violence on others and has felt like his life has been in danger because of it. Have you ever experienced that? Idk if a thought record sheet is gonna help.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think people tank for people in different ways. You can protect somebody more physically 'in there here and now' Se way, the way a street smart ESTp male does it (wipes the drool out the side of his mouth) or u can protect somebody's dignity or reputation from afar. You don't really have to be a Se person to make a contribution in this way.

LIIs make good priests and mages. Don't try to be a Warrior class when your Se polr won't let you. <3

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, technically females tend to strength wise - less strong than men right? So I would imagine even an Se ego female. Or an Se ego who is just young and dealing with someone just physically bigger than them. Or even just generally, if you were threatened with a weapon for example.
    Don’t need much strength to kill or maim, just enough speed and aim to break the skin at certain places and timing and reserve. I have the same average height and muscle mass as the average man where I live though.

And perhaps LP has prior experiences, which is why I recommended the thought record sheet because he doesn't need to necessarily share it with anyone if he doesn't want but CBT helps you see something in a more balanced way, considering rationale both for and against something.
    That’s a nice thought. Have you had good success with CBT before?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t need much strength to kill or maim, just enough speed and aim to break the skin at certain places and timing and reserve. I have the same average height and muscle mass as the average man where I live though.
    I want to mention that I also intuitively felt this as a small child though, even before I grew bigger @Ania . I never felt like my parents or (almost never) others could physically overpower me. I was bigger/stronger than most other kids around me ever since I was a baby too though. Like I was over 9 lbs when I was born.

Ironically, I felt even more invulnerable as a kid, and feel more vulnerable now as an adult knowing more limitations like what you had mentioned. But I do still feel in a physically advantageous position overall now.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to mention that I also intuitively felt this as a small child though, even before I grew bigger @Ania . I never felt like my parents or (almost never) others could physically overpower me. I was bigger/stronger than most other kids around me ever since I was a baby too though. Like I was over 9 lbs when I was born.

Ironically, I felt even more invulnerable as a kid, and feel more vulnerable now as an adult knowing more limitations like what you had mentioned. But I do still feel in a physically advantageous position overall now.
    @sbbds, this is interesting.

When I was a kid, I wanted all the powers of Superman. Not to fly or to see through walls or anything, but rather just to be invulnerable. Se-HA.

I don't think this desire was entirely a reaction to constantly being hit by my mother. The physical abuse was never important to me. I wasn't big enough to hit her back, so when she hit me, I'd laugh, instead. She can hurt my body but she can't touch ME. That really pissed her off. What hurt me was the fact that she didn't love me or my siblings. Maybe she didn't love anyone.
    But then, they say that the physical pain killer heroin can be an emotional pain-killer, too, since the two respective areas in the brain that process physical and psychological pain are close together.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @sbbds, this is interesting.

When I was a kid, I wanted all the powers of Superman. Not to fly or to see through walls or anything, but rather just to be invulnerable. Se-HA.

I don't think this desire was entirely a reaction to constantly being hit by my mother. The physical abuse was never important to me. I wasn't big enough to hit her back, so when she hit me, I'd laugh, instead. She can hurt my body but she can't touch ME. That really pissed her off. What hurt me was the fact that she didn't love me or my siblings. Maybe she didn't love anyone.
    But then, they say that the physical pain killer heroin can be an emotional pain-killer, too, since the two respective areas in the brain that process physical and psychological pain are close together.
    How old were you when this started happening? And was your mother short or big and tall?

I think you probably would’ve been strong enough anyway especially if you had a knife or something.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How old were you when this started happening? And was your mother short or big and tall?

I think you probably would’ve been strong enough anyway especially if you had a knife or something.
    I think I became aware that I was under the supervision of a malevolent and uncaring god when I was about 1 to 1.5 years old. I blanked on everything until about age five, when I met some kids my own age.

And yes, I was much stronger than she was. I just never hit her back. I have an almost absolute injunction against hitting women, even when they are punching me in the face.

Around the time I met an ESI buddy in HS and realized that I would be leaving her house forever to go to school in another state, she went to hit me and I just grabbed her by the wrist and held her immobile and told her "You're not going to hit me any more." She was furious, but she couldn't do anything about it because hitting was her only mode of control. She had never put in the work that is necessary to get people to do the right thing if you can't hit them.

She wasn't too stupid to do that, and she wasn't incapable of learning, but for whatever reason, she wasn't taught or she never had a reason to treat those weaker than her any better than she did.

I don't think she viewed being a mother as being a teacher and an example and a steward of other people's lives. I think she viewed motherhood as a prison sentence. But that's just a guess.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-31-2020 at 04:31 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I became aware that I was under the supervision of a malevolent and uncaring god when I was about 1 to 1.5 years old. I blanked on everything until about age five, when I met some kids my own age.

And yes, I was much stronger than she was. I just never hit her back. I have an almost absolute injunction against hitting women, even when they are punching me in the face.

Around the time I met an ESI buddy in HS and realized that I would be leaving her house forever to go to school in another state, she went to hit me and I just grabbed her by the wrist and held her immobile and told her "You're not going to hit me any more." She was furious, but she couldn't do anything about it because hitting was her only mode of control. She had never put in the work that is necessary to get people to do the right thing if you can't hit them.

She wasn't too stupid to do that, and she wasn't incapable of learning, but for whatever reason, she wasn't taught or she never had a reason to treat those weaker than her any better than she did.

I don't think she viewed being a mother as being a teacher and an example and a steward of other people's lives. I think she viewed motherhood as a prison sentence. But that's just a guess.
    I think the difference between us then (other than gender/sex) is that I’ve never been constantly physically hit (perhaps due to a more intimidating vibe), only emotionally. Sometimes yes but not constantly. And I feel inherently that if I were constantly physically attacked then I would find it justified to strike back, or take some action of another sort.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think the difference between us then (other than gender/sex) is that I’ve never been constantly physically hit (perhaps due to a more intimidating vibe), only emotionally. Sometimes yes but not constantly. And I feel inherently that if I were constantly physically attacked then I would find it justified to strike back, or take some action of another sort.
    Well, I did tell her I hated her and I wrecked three or four of her cars, including her baby blue Caddy, which she loved. Lol. But I never hit her.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I did tell her I hated her and I wrecked three or four of her cars, including her baby blue Caddy, which she loved. Lol. But I never hit her.
    Hehe you’re awesome, Adam <3

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that I am either Ne PoLR, Si PoLR, or even Fi PoLR.

How I Relate To Ne PoLR:
    I can be incredibly black-and-white in my thinking. I tend to think that "there is the one right way" that life should be lived and tasks should be completed. I have unchanging moral opinions, and sometimes it can even take a while for facts to change my mind. That being said, listening to facts is important.

I used to have trouble with adjusting from school to summer when I was younger. Life could have handed me a PoLR hit.

How I Relate To Si PoLR:
    I may overemphasize and try to get better at Si PoLR. I may overfocus on details. That being said, I am not the best person at relaxing, even though I try to be orderly.

How I Might Be Fi PoLR:
    I used to struggle with social skills and relations for years. I used to be bad at reading people and relating to them. That being said, I have very strong and rigid morals. I can sometimes be morally self-righteous.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have that same sort of "I don't know what I'm capable of physically" thing, but my attitude towards it is that it sucks I would be in a situation where I would have to do this, because I feel no real passion towards it and it's annoying people can't control themselves and/or would be so base, and less like I want to do it but just can't.

I used to wrestle people as a kid/teenager, play football, do fake boxing matches, etc. but whenever I have to deal with someone who is using bullheadedness to get their way, I have zero idea of what to do. A lot of it is more fear of public censure than it is fear of the fight itself.

As far as protection, there was one time my friend stole a guy who was crowdsurfing's shoe and the dude came after my friend. I didn't get involved, I just kinda watched while my friends beat the shit out of the shoeless guy.

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but those fears aren't based on something that determines life or death, except maybe Si. Fear of being late, being rejected, surprises and what not aren't the same as feeling like you are powerless to survive if you ever had to defend yourself. On top of those fears not being unanimously condemned, except maybe Si cleanliness again.

Feeling like deep down you truly are a coward no matter what you do and hoping no one ever finds out, is no way to live. Nobody respects that, not even yourself. Tell me how fear of loud emotions even compares to that?
    It's not fearing the emotions themselves, it's being uncomfortable because you feel unable to react appropriately most of the time and that can lead to strong feelings of shame and exclusion. In the end we are a social animal and our survival has always depended on being part of the group.

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same average height and muscle mass as the average man where I live though.
    Wtf. Where are you from, and where do you live now?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    + What Te-PoLR hits looks like for me:

For eg: An LIE acquaintance was looking for extra info on train ticket refunds. They asked me about some unusual case.

I basically rarely ever think about these kinds of practicalities unless there is an immediate need. So:
    a/ it's 50:50 whether I have that info in storage somewhere,
    b/ my info will be limited to my particular case or the principles I gleaned at the time,
    c/ I don't have much practice thinking through the chains of consequences for this stuff. I can do it, but it's grainy bootleg 70s footage and may miss some major potential problems.

I'm perfectly capable of planning train journeys and getting refunds, I just don't... think about it, or plan how to MaXimISe dA mOnEy. I just don't, because my method is to throw something together that doesn't seem too expensive and gets me from A to B, and then leave it at 'good enough.' I make sketches, not oil portraits.

So, being put on the spot, my instinct is to briefly sift through my bank of experience, make an educated sketch of some principles that might help make the decision and spit that out. However, my sketch is not that high-res unless I've needed to deal with the problem a lot, and it usually doesn't have much to add compared to a Te-ego's efficient sift through that same info. So it feels a bit pointless, and sometimes I abbreviate the whole thing to a vague confused shrug.

I don't feel too bad about it*, but it's pretty clear that I have little to contribute to the topic -- in the form of information useful/detailed enough for them -- and that I'm frankly not going to make an effort to improve significantly. My daily trains of thoughts just don't naturally range in that area, and I have limited interest in studying The Art Of Logistics, useful as it may be. My occasional mistakes feel like an acceptable price to pay.

It's worth noting I definitely catch physical details that the LIE misses ('cause their hyper-efficiency doesn't pay attention to where the jar of salt went), so that balances things out a bit.

*sometimes a bit self-conscious about being out of my depth, for sure, or feeling like a 'comparatively incompetent person'
    Just so you know, I think of IEI and ILI as wizards with Ni, so I am very happy consulting you on stuff, and it's prolly so easy for you you forget how helpful it is.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@[URL="https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=11319"]What hurt me was the fact that she didn't love me or my siblings. Maybe she didn't love anyone.
    aw....

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post

People keep forgetting the sexual dimorphism is not two distant bell curves but VERY overlapped bell curves.

I'm the shortest woman in my family, and over half of all U.S. men are not as tall as I am.

It's weird to me that ppl keep thinking women and men are so distinct. we're incredibly similar.

They've even said that if you dug through each group, you would find people that had more in common with a member of the other sex than EITHER has with their own sex.

I used to lift weights when I had more money. I didn't lift that much. Pretty regularly. however, I had other main goals in my life at the time. My biological father is 6'4". My biceps without, as I've said, making effort to have them be so were larger than his.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
    I live in a country in east Asia lol

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    People keep forgetting the sexual dimorphism is not two distant bell curves but VERY overlapped bell curves.

I'm the shortest woman in my family, and over half of all U.S. men are not as tall as I am.

It's weird to me that ppl keep thinking women and men are so distinct. we're incredibly similar.

They've even said that if you dug through each group, you would find people that had more in common with a member of the other sex than EITHER has with their own sex.

I used to lift weights when I had more money. I didn't lift that much. Pretty regularly. however, I had other main goals in my life at the time. My biological father is 6'4". My biceps without, as I've said, making effort to have them be so were larger than his.
    I guess if you live somewhere like the US that has many different ethnicities the overlap is larger. To me it just sounded weird because I've seen like 2 women in my entire life that were taller than me. Sweden (were I'm from and live) is like one of the most isolated countries so I guess that has an effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12