Thread: hotelambush Questionnaire (nevermissabeat)

Threaded View

Default hotelambush Questionnaire (nevermissabeat)

hotelambush Questionnaire
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Instructions:
    -
    Tell me about yourself
    I'm a 31 year old woman (but often I feel I never really left my teenager phase). I am currently working from home as a live chat agent because I love the freedom and autonomy it gives me. I've always preferred to take life at my own pace and do my own thing and I don't like feeling pressured by deadlines and demands. I feel at my happiest when I'm simply frolicking around in the sunshine with a few good friends.
    What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I studied graphic design and creative writing at college because I've always loved the idea of being a story-teller, or making children's books and doing my own illustrations. I've always liked coming up with concepts to entertain people, but I have trouble concentrating and putting pen to paper. I tend to start with a single idea, then keep expanding the vision it until I can picture an entire catalogue of books I've created. But it often takes weeks/months to actually get started.
    What are your values, and why?
    I value emotional connection because I feel better when people understand me on a deeper level and I can be myself around them. I prefer casual interactions over formal interactions any day of the year. I value modesty and open-mindedness so I really struggle to be around opinionated people.
    What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I like to read graphic novels and play video games because I'm a huge sucker for fantasy. I like to dabble in interior design and purchasing random bits of decor for myself because I'm very aesthetic and my surroundings very much affect my mood. I also spend a lot of my free time watching YouTube videos on philosophy and psychology because I'm always looking for ways to improve myself and to understand the way humanity works.
    What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I look for someone who can be vulnerable around me, and who can have a laugh and be accepting of my awkwardness and quirks. I like laid-back, excitable people who are up for an adventure and can bring me out of my shell.
    What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    My previous roommate and I didn't get along. I didn't appreciate the abrupt and direct way she spoke to me, which came across as obnoxious and sarcastic. She had no emotional quality to her voice and I found it difficult to not get offended by her mannerisms.
    How would your friends describe you?
    Reserved, kind, empathetic, sociable, and accepting. I'm often told I'm very youthful for my age because I'm always very inquisitive and easily impressed by things.
    What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I don't assert myself as much as I should. I tend to bottle up my emotions and don't express myself in a direct way. I dislike how much I overthink things and I never have a stable opinion on people. I tend to be judging everyone internally, but come across as really easy-going, so when my judgements finally leak out people get surprised at how harsh I can be.
    In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I've always been good at providing myself with the correct resources and gathering the facts, because I'm a big researcher and I always make sure I know what I'm letting myself in for. I rarely jump into a scenario without doing my homework.

I need help with booking appointments, keeping on top of daily chores, brushing my teeth twice a day, calling my parents to check how they're doing etc`
    What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I find diet and exercise a huge chore but I know I need to do it in order to feel better about myself. I resort to crash dieting and fasting just so I can get quick results because I'm not good at balancing out my life.

I thinking I enjoy imagining various scenarios more than others. I can spend hours locked inside my head wondering what my future kids names will be, what my dream house would look like etc.
    What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I'm pretty bad at setting long-term goals for myself if I'm honest. I'm really bad at sticking to the same schedule every day (especially if it's one I've set for myself) so I tend not to think too far ahead because I know I'll probably fail at it and then I'll feel bad.

If I really thought about it, my goals would be to experience the same joys and comforts I experienced in my youth (only this time I'd be the one in control) if that makes sense.
    If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    I'd spend a lot of time creating content and posting it on social media, hoping to make a little niche for myself and to build up a following. I'd also partake in various courses and hobbies because I'd love to learn new skills and become talented in a few things. I'd also adopt various pets and spend a lot of my day looking after them. I'd try and get some humanitarian work in there as well.
    What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I've always been drawn to people who are slightly brooding, eccentric and mysterious because I feel special when I'm in their presence. I love people I can't quite figure out.

I don't really like people who are overly talkative or overly intellectual because I can't relate to them well.
    What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    I tend to collect various souvenirs and memorabilia from my past and display them all over my walls because I love for people to know my likes and interests. I also enjoy creating a different theme for each room as I love the novelty of it all.

What do I think of daily chores? Depends if I have guests over or I'm trying to impress someone. I'll let them pile up if not.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Slightly more formal, polite and agreeable. I'll act as if I'm interested in them and I'm happy to be in their company and I'll be super concerned with how I'm coming across and how I look. I'll stay reserved until they say something off-hand that I can relate to and then I'll relax a bit more and make jokes.
    How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I get really shaky and upset if someone gets mad at me. I tend to shut down and freeze in high-conflict situations and tend to not say anything or make passive-aggressive quips. I hope that if I stay quiet enough, they'll just resolve the situation for me (lame I know).
    What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    People think I'm cold and aloof a lot of the time when actually I'm looking for a way to connect and get close.
    What did you do last Friday?
    I ordered pizza & beer and watched Alien for the first time with my roommate and boyfriend.
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Part 2
    -
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Creating a meet-up group for locals looking to meet new friends. It was a really big deal for me because I'm such a shy person that I never thought I'd be able to host an event for a bunch of strangers, but I always like to challenge myself. I try to put myself into a different character and 'act' more confident than I am in order to appear more sociable.
    What is something you regret?
    I regret keeping certain people in my life for much longer than I should have. I wish I'd have had the confidence to just walk away and to argue back instead of withdrawing.
    Who do you admire, and why?
    There are lots of entertainers I admire from David Bowie to Blondie to Tom Hanks to Janelle Monae. I love people who can express themselves via creative pursuits yet still remain relatable and humble. I love storytellers and down-to-earth sense of humours and people who can overcome adversity and use it to spread positivity.
    What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    I've been worrying about the long-term. I'm in a stable relationship now and I'm working a full-time job and things just feel a little too stagnant at times. I'm always wondering when something spontaneous and amazing will happen so I'll feel excited again.
    What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I only really feel spiritual when I'm around nature or I'm travelling somewhere. I feel a sense of enlightenment when I experience new things, new people, new places, or some form of novelty enters my life.
    What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I'm left-wing to the point where I'd always vote left-wing and keep up with social media, but overall I'm not hugely political and tend to avoid all the details. I leave that to my boyfriend (he's politics mad).
    Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    I'd love to have my own little art store or something but I'd hate to deal with all the business aspects myself. I'd prefer to have a partner who could deal with all the financial stuff and tax returns etc and I'd just concentrate on the marketing aspect.
    What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I prefer more casual environments either working alone or in a very small team. I look for a slow-paced job where emphasis is put on individual contributions and hard-work. I don't mind monotonous work if the atmosphere is laid back enough.
    What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    Toss between English -- because it ignited my love of fantasy and story-telling, and Psychology -- because I love learning how people tick and I love the idea that everybody fits into a certain category and there is a reason for everything we do. It makes it easier for me to feel confident interacting with others if I can recognise their body language etc.
    How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I like to be assigned a particular role that I can take care of and then I don't have to worry about everybody elses roles. If I'm asked for help, then of course I'd give it, but mostly I just want to get on with my own thing.
    Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    Spain -- I mostly relaxed by the beach and the pool and went on a couple of short day trips to local towns. I liked it because it was my first vacation ever with a partner and neither of us had to worry about work or people back home. We both agreed to stay off social media so I could get on with reading my books and being more mindful.
    What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    I was incredibly shy and socially anxious around strangers or large groups, and often spent play-time alone, using my imagination to pretend I was the heroine of a fantasy world.

Around my parents, I was very cheeky and sarcastic and I got into a lot of trouble.

Nowadays I'm still shy, but not as much as I was and I still use my imagination to distract me from every day life.

What was your high school experience like?
    Not the best. I didn't enjoy all the cliques that formed so I mainly just kept to my own small group of friends because I could only be myself around them.
    Talk about a significant event from your life.
    When I had an acid trip for the first time, my deep subconscious came to light and all my fears amplified and made me feel like I was being swallowed up by them. I felt like I was trapped forever in an eternal limbo and I would never escape, I'd never get to see my family again, and I'd never be able to just die as a release. I felt completely alone for eternity.
    Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    I like kids but I don't really know how to speak to them. I don't like talking down to them or humouring them like most parents do. I'd love to have a kid of my own though. I think I'd be really good at instilling it with wonder and making it feel really special.
    Last edited by nevermissabeat; 03-20-2020 at 03:52 PM.