TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIEs and mistyping

[Redacted]
    Last edited by rexsaurus36; 11-02-2020 at 11:16 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think you are ILE. No LIE would have that much trouble picking their type.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enmity View Post
    I still think you are ILE. No LIE would have that much trouble picking their type.
    No.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anthony Fauci - ESFP - Napoleon

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    No.
    Whatever you say drama queen

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you say drama queen
    oop not an ad hom

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    oop not an ad hom
    No argument. No substance. No need to pretend to have civil discourse.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No argument. No substance. No need to pretend to have civil discourse.
    Well if you want an argument - it would make sense for a 4D Te/1D Fi type to have trouble finding their type. Not only that, but having trouble picking a type can be down to mostly non type related factors - eg. Disorders, Gender Dysphoria, Stress, Addiction etc.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think at the end it will depend on the stereotype you want to follow. If the ENTx is more comfortable with the goofy nerd stereotype then he goes with ENTp and if he prefers the alpha male business owner with a touch of sociopathy then ENTj. That's the thing with both types, their descriptions are so generic you're forced to choose between stereotypes.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotypes are not capable of informing you of your type, because stereotypes are behavioral but types are not behaviorist. Type is based off of cognitive thought processes and your type can only be determined either by an expert at psychoanalysis, AI Prototyper, or yourself if you're self-aware and insightful enough. And not only that but the stereotypes are often wrong: ENTj is Hashirama from Naruto, not Blake from Glengarry Glen-Ross, which is more like ESTj.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ips and Ejs do have difficulty viewing themselves objectively; they seem to need to get these perspectives from others because their own are rather myopic, but in order to accept such opinions, they have to trust someone implicitly, which can be a showstopper especially for Ips.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is very easy

one by polr/suggestive tell an ILE how you feel about something, he won't care or be upset about an polr hit, tell an LIE and he will probably be interested in this kind of information
    Quadra values and romantic behavior are also a good indicator; ILE are very goofy and childlike care more about short term and like to indulge in Si matters, they are not very much into fighting and are usually 'killing by word' as described for the alpha quadra. Also Alpha NTs are hard researchers more into Natural Sciences that don't have reallife application. Going deep into Ti concepts just for the sake of it while Gamma NTs as light researchers will most likely try to achieve some real world gain with their knowledge and will ponder topics closer to application and reality.
    LIEs will be more focused on their future and try to imbet their program/plans (EJ) temperament, while ILEs are a lot more easy going, not really focusing on the one best way possible but keeping options open, regarding single options by potential instead of a pathway to their goal.

The business non business stuff is more likely instincts and Short term low investment Alpha vs long term high investment Gamma, but also merry/serious divide which seems to be more determining for the way of acting/working instead of the environment to find them in ime.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyOTLittleFlower View Post
    Stereotypes are not capable of informing you of your type, because stereotypes are behavioral but types are not behaviorist. Type is based off of cognitive thought processes and your type can only be determined either by an expert at psychoanalysis, AI Prototyper, or yourself if you're self-aware and insightful enough. And not only that but the stereotypes are often wrong: ENTj is Hashirama from Naruto, not Blake from Glengarry Glen-Ross, which is more like ESTj.
    I was talking more about insufficient type descriptions than about how to seriously type yourself.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly they look very different. LIE exerts more force to solve their problems, and ILE solves problems more indirectly. ILE tends to come off as consistently stern, impersonal, and professional, while ILE tends to create a more fun atmosphere. LIE values conscious 4D Te, so LIE respects established external logic (laws, policies, etc.) LIE devalues 4D unconscious Ne, so they downplay it and ultimately work it down into an introverted vision if what they want. In contrast, ILE devalues unconscious 4D Te, so they tend to downplay the external logic in favor of Ne and Ti.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I haven't seen much confusion in people trying to decide between the two types. I say "haven't seen it much" because I have seen it once on this forum back in the day.

I personally never considered base Ne for myself, though I have considered all the Ni egos seriously (barring IEI).

TIM
    LIE 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see feeling this way. Probably an Ni sub. I was kinda torn for a while , especially after coming from MBTI and believed that I was an ILE. A lot of the stereo types can suit you.
    Last edited by Chillaxe; 04-09-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Ips and Ejs do have difficulty viewing themselves objectively; they seem to need to get these perspectives from others because their own are rather myopic, but in order to accept such opinions, they have to trust someone implicitly, which can be a showstopper especially for Ips.......

a.k.a. I/O
    i have problems viewing myself objectively but im pretty sure im Ep. couldnt this also be an extroverted thing, an Fi polr thing, or just an everyone thing?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sullutac View Post
    i have problems viewing myself objectively but im pretty sure im Ep. couldnt this also be an extroverted thing, an Fi polr thing, or just an everyone thing?
    Eps and Ijs generally look at everything objectively including themselves and their behaviour. Now Eps have been known to not give that much priority to thinking about themselves and why they do the things they do; they're usually too interested in seeing what's around the next bend. However, when it becomes serious or important enough for them, they can be very good at self-analysis - at least the ones that I've known....

a.k.a. I/O