In looking at the hardrive for the inner logic of each enneagram type, Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-side) identifies the hard-drives as core distortions. R & H identifies the hard-drives as fear motives.

Stackemup Typology: Distortions
R & H: Fear
(Naranjo: Passions/vices)

In my core primer for all the gestalts, Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-side) laid out the core distortions for all nine enneagram types (nobody before had been able to do so):

Type 2: "I"m not capable of validating myself."
Type 3: "I am a superior being."
Type 4: "I am an ugly duckling; defective."
Type 5: "There's a gulf/separation between my mind and the physical world around me."
Type 6: "the world is a dangerous place. i will be mistreated, duped or harmed in some way." (R & H misconceives this as an eight)
Type 7: "God is against me. I am against God."
Type 8: "Might makes right."
Type 9: This point on the enneagram has no in-built distortion; the core approach is vacillation
Type 1: "somebody must be punished for the world's imperfections and flaws."

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...26#post1308026

CANON NUMBER 1 OF TYPOLOGICAL CONSTRUCTION: YOU CANNOT HAVE TWO DIFFERENT PERSONALITY STYLES WITH THE SAME CORE DISTORTION.

My approach is clearly the correct one.

R & H's descriptions in PTypes entangles multiple types into single types and represents every type as driven by fear. fear of failure (threes) fear of losing support (six) fear of, fear of....Essentially, R & H took Naranjo's Six and turned that into all nine of their enneagram types. That's the flaw in R & H's system and its a major one. For example, the R & H's three is driven by a fear of failure. So the average to below average levels of health are predicated upon the 3's contraphobic reaction to its fear of failure, until finally, it either succumbs to its fear of failure in the lowest levels or gets out of its fear loopp in the highest levels. This is the pattern for every type in R & H. THAT MAKES EVERY TYPE IN R & H A SIX...that's the major flaw in R & H's approach. R & H is fundamentally incapable of conceiving of personality type as having any other root but fear.

R & H also sold the enneagram out when they endorsed the Fauvre's Tritype (aka multiple personality disorder). Right, because it's a foregone conclusion that three different personality types cannot co-exist in the same person unless that person suffers from multiple personality disorder. Mountains of research already show that this doesn't happen absent extraordinary sexual and/or physical abuse in childhood. Until the fauvres can come forward with evidence to contradict that, the chance that everybody on the planet has multiple personality disorder is extremely low.

Just to drive the point home I can back my approach up with a 2500+ exemplars breakdown. Neither R & H nor Naranjo presented any type of systematic breakdown for every type wing and stack. If they don't have a vision for every type wing and stack, the rest is window dressing. I've also got the only valid VI typing model for all stackings. I'm beating the hell out of them in terms of substance.