Thread: Vedic Astrology Nakshatra / Socionics Type: Correlation Data Study

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vedic Astrology Nakshatra / Rahu-Ketu / Socionics & Enneagram Type: Correlation Data Study

-
    Last edited by toska; 08-11-2021 at 09:49 PM.
    Typing
    Gallery
    | Sedecology
    Network
    Tumblr
    Assessment (Beta)
    Socionics | Instinct

TIM
    trying to figure out
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Capture1 sunsh1ne.PNGCapture2 sunsh1ne.PNG

Hey! I am interested in your research. Always wondered what Sociotypes had got to do with the Vedic Nakshatras and didn't really find anyone finding the correlation between them on the internet other than your post here. You can add this to your list, mine has always fluctuated between INFP and INFJ however recent test typed me an LII-INTj. Personally though I have been going through changes in perspective and am confused and lost while making decisions but want to know myself better. Would be great to know what you think of this!

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that there is no correlation between astrology and Socionics type, but here are my guesses about which stereotypical zodiac sign matches each Socionics type.

Alpha Quadra:

ILE: Aquarius or Gemini

LII: Aquarius

ESE: Libra

SEI: Taurus or Libra

Beta Quadra:

SLE: Aries

LSI: Virgo or Capricorn

EIE: Leo

IEI: Pisces

Gamma Quadra:

LIE: Capricorn

ILI: Scorpio

SEE: Leo

ESI: Virgo or Cancer

Delta Quadra:

LSE: Capricorn or Virgo

SLI: Taurus

IEE: Sagittarius or Gemini

EII: Cancer

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 16801
    Attachment 16802

SEI. Enneagram 2 or 6 idk.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I just discovered this.

What is the goal of this post though? Say our nakshatra and what our type is?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    I can't believe I just discovered this.

What is the goal of this post though? Say our nakshatra and what our type is?
    What is nakshatra?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    What is nakshatra?
    Nakshatras are 27 subdivisions of the Vedic astrological chart. While Indian astrologers don't use the western zodiac wheel, it has been used in conjunction with it in modern times.

Its a long story but the link below should help provide a better answer.

https://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/astrology/nakshatras-constellations/

Astrosage is a good site to find out what your birth chart is in the vedic system.

https://www.astrosage.com/
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nakshatras are 27 subdivisions of the Vedic astrological chart. While Indian astrologers don't use the western zodiac wheel, it has been used in conjunction with it in modern times.

Its a long story but the link below should help provide a better answer.

https://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/astrology/nakshatras-constellations/

Astrosage is a good site to find out what your birth chart is in the vedic system.

https://www.astrosage.com/
    Thank you, these links seem useful. I’ve been trying to learn more about astrology just for fun but haven’t made much progress lol.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Thank you, these links seem useful. I’ve been trying to learn more about astrology just for fun but haven’t made much progress lol.

IMO if you want to get started on astrology I wouldn't start with Indian astrology since its very complicated and a little different from western astrology.

A good astrology reference site to look at is astro.com they have a lot of free information and you can create your birth chart on there for free.

https://www.astro.com/horoscope

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiemo View Post
    I know that there is no correlation between astrology and Socionics type, but here are my guesses about which stereotypical zodiac sign matches each Socionics type.

Alpha Quadra:

Beta Quadra:

Gamma Quadra:

Delta Quadra:

Here are mine:

Alpha Quadra:

ILE: Aquarius (Ne sub) or Aries (Ti sub)

LII: Gemini (Ne sub) or Virgo (Ti sub)

ESE: Libra (Fe sub) or Taurus (Si sub)

SEI: Leo (Si sub) or Aries (Fe sub)

Beta Quadra:

SLE: Capricorn (Ti sub) or Leo (Se sub)

LSI: Capricorn (Ti sub) or Libra (Se sub)

EIE: Taurus (Fe) or Cancer (Ni)

IEI: Aquarius (Ni) or Aries (Fe)

Gamma Quadra:

LIE: Capricorn (Te) or Libra (Ni)

ILI: Pisces (Ni) or Leo (Te)

SEE: Gemini (Se) or Scorpio (Fi)

ESI: Taurus (Fi) or Cancer (Se)

Delta Quadra:

LSE: Sagittarius (Si) or Pisces (Te)

SLI: Gemini (Si) or Scorpio (Te)

IEE: Leo (Fi) or Pisces (Ne)

EII: Libra (Fi) or Taurus (Ne)

----------------------------

On the topic: I suspect each nakshatra carries the energy of a particular type. Say, Rohini for example, could carry SEE-Se energy.

TIM
    ILI-HC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Quadra:

Beta Quadra:

Gamma Quadra:

Delta Quadra:

When are people going to leave the Libra = SF meme?
    Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Bvd?
    Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/view/the-qams-diaries/the-qams-diaries

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QamsX View Post
    When are people going to leave the Libra = SF meme?

Dunno, but I know two ESIs who are Virgos. The Virgo description that I've read is similar to Stratiyevskaya's description of ESIs, IMO.

I'm an Aries, by the way. Hard to imagine a Capricorn LIE. Lol. Maybe an LIE-Ni.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to guess my sign dear astrology experts

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post

Capricorn.

And I don't even believe in Astrology.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one?

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one?
    Doesn't matter, anything you want. I'm testing accuracy of this doubtful and undeservedly popular ancient typology.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't matter, anything you want. I'm testing accuracy of this doubtful and undeservedly popular ancient typology.

Lol the accuracy may vary with the absence of all birth information. I think just by guessing your approximate age you have Uranus in Aquarius.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol the accuracy may vary with the absence of all birth information. I think just by guessing your approximate age you have Uranus in Aquarius.
    That's just guessing my age, not proving predictive power of astrology.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pisces Sun/Pisces Moon/ Virgo Rising

&

Satabhisha Nakshatra

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Inhabiting the realm of Aquarius, Satabhisha nakshatra, ruled by the planetary power of Saturn and divine power of Varuna; symbolizes spiritual and physical healing. The lunar node of ‘Rahu’ also has its influence on Satabhisha nakshatra.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]
    Nakshatra Malayalam Tamil Telugu Hindi
    Shatabhisha ചതയം (Chatayam) சதயம் (Satayam) శతభిష (Satabhisa) शतभिषक् (Shathabhishak)

[/COLOR]
    Basic information about Satabhisha Birth Star

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Also known as the ‘veiling star’; Satabhisha nakshatra involves the general characteristics of mysticism, spirituality, secretive vision apart from healing. The star symbol of ‘empty circle’; representing this nakshatra pertains to the realm of illusory perception or ‘maya’. Attraction for the cosmic reality and a mysterious inclination towards concealment are the other general characteristics of Satabhisha nakshatra. Etymologically connoting the concept of medication or ‘bhesaja’; Satabhisha nakshatra influences varying forms of aquatic life.[/COLOR]
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I suppose it's time to get the thread back on topic lol.

My Sun and Ascendant signs are in Bharani.

My Moon is in the Shravana Nakshatra.

I have Rahu in Vishakha and Ketu in Krittika.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rising sign changes between Vedic and regular astrology. I will pick whichever one suits me better and/or makes me feel more special lol:

- Scorpio sun
    - Aquarius rising
    - Taurus moon

or

- Scorpio sun
    - Capricorn rising
    - Taurus moon

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my signs change in Vedic astrology.

In Western:
    Pisces sun
    Libra moon
    Virgo rising

In Vedic:
    Aquarius sun
    Virgo moon
    Leo rising

I usually stick with western since it just seems easier to me and I fit Pisces sun, Libra moon so much. I also have my moon in the 1st in Western astrology which would totally change in Vedic. Also Vedic seems to be a lot harder to understand and get used to.

Side note: When I first looked into socionics I was like "the way how IEIs are described is such a stereotypical Pisces". And I would say Pisces and Libra are the two types that correlate with SEI to me.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Quadra:

Spot on if I'm ESE