ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Integral type of Canada

What type do you think is Canada?

[/img]
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never been there, never met any Canadians.

ENFp. Friendly, open, helpful, non-threatening, comforting, private, etc. (or maybe INFj).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Ummm, yes?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like zoos either.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I don't think you can type a country. I know a few hockey players from Canada, and a girl who was a vegetarian and thought zoos were evil, and a few other people. I've been to Canada a few times. Gotta say Victoria BC and Winnepeg are very very different in terms of people and attitudes and everything.

Just for fun I'll take a shot at this and say Winnepeg is delta and Victoria is gamma.
    But I assume Canada was different from the states?

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As is a base unit, the definition of the ampere is not tied to any other electrical unit. The definition for the ampere is equivalent to fixing a value of the permeability of vacuum to μ0 = 4π×10−7 H/m. Prior to 1948, the so-called "international ampere" was used, defined in terms of the electrolytic deposition rate of silver. The older unit is equal to 0.999 85 A.

The ampere is most accurately realized using an ampere balance, but is in practice maintained via Ohm's Law from the units of voltage and resistance, the volt and the ohm, since the latter two can be tied to physical phenomena that are relatively easy to reproduce, the Josephson junction and the quantum Hall effect, respectively.

The unit of electric charge, the coulomb, is defined in terms of the ampere: one coulomb is the amount of electric charge (formerly quantity of electricity) carried in a current of one ampere flowing for one second. Current (electricity), then, is the rate at which charge flows through a wire or surface. One ampere of current (I) is equal to a flow of one coulomb of charge (Q) per second of time (t).

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like zoos either.
    The main purpose behind many zoos is conservation. A way to protect and perpetuate species that are in danger. Also to educate. But I agree, I don't much like a lot of zoos with their tiny cages and etc.
    I know... but being there still makes me sad
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can type a country. I know a few hockey players from Canada, and a girl who was a vegetarian and thought zoos were evil, and a few other people. I've been to Canada a few times. Gotta say Victoria BC and Winnepeg are very very different in terms of people and attitudes and everything.

Just for fun I'll take a shot at this and say Winnepeg is delta and Victoria is gamma.
    lol i know an INFp in winnepeg

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian

Winnepeg was much more like North Dakota and Minnesota than either of those states are like Texas or California or North Carolina.
    No offense Diana but that is a superficial perspective in my view.

The nature of the economy in Canada, the cultural icons, what people seek in life, are quite different from the states.

One example are hockey and besaball:

its' impossible to make Canadians like baseball and quite hard to sell hockey to americans.

People in Canada make fun of the Americans about things like guns, arrogance, flag waving and the like. And they fun of those very same things whether in Winnipeg or Victoria.

By the way I lived in Victoria for a while. Did you stay there long Diana?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, Canada's national animal is the beaver, compare that to the Bold Eagle.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice smiley...

nice disclaimer ya got there joy.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    nice disclaimer ya got there joy.
    thanks

It seems I should have put it there long ago. Apparently there are a lot of people who had no idea, and believe it or not, actually thought exactly the opposite.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, I still think that those similarities are superficial. If you live in landlocked cold plain like Dakota or Winipeg of course you will play hockey and not go out surfing much. Also the accents will become similar since people in the area interact on a daily basis, people go south for gass and americans come up for turism etc.

However, the main aspects like ideas of individual freedoms and rights, role of governent, role of the army and so forth are still quite different.

I would like to know your view of those differences.

People are people everywhere, but they don't live i nthe same away everywhere.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently there are a lot of people who had no idea, and believe it or not, actually thought exactly the opposite.
    Your grammar and syntax often imply "exactly the opposite," so I don't see how you could possibly blame anyone other than yourself for this misperception.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ Like I said before, you see a gradiation of views as you move from area to area. Some places one mindset dominates, but as you move from that area you'll find more and more folks of a different outlook.
    That is not in cotradiction to my views, clearly Canada is not a monolith of identical world views. It varies within Canada too.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing stops us from expressing view. You are right though: countries don't have types, you can't type them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing stops us from expressing view. You are right though: countries don't have types, you can't type them.
    so... It took 2 pages to come to this conclusion? I coulda said that in the 2nd post of this thread.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-bg

quit trying to type our country aye...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    so... It took 2 pages to come to this conclusion? I coulda said that in the 2nd post of this thread.
    I said it in the 5th post of the thread (my first post)
    Guys the statement is nuanced: we can express a view of the type of a country, but the country is not human, so it can't be placed in a human category.

So go ahead, express an opinion, much in the same way as the opinion you expressed about Victoria and Winnipeg Diana.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Apparently there are a lot of people who had no idea, and believe it or not, actually thought exactly the opposite.
    Your grammar and syntax often imply "exactly the opposite," so I don't see how you could possibly blame anyone other than yourself for this misperception.
    What's done is done. There shouldn't be any confusion anymore.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat

quit trying to type our country aye...
    lol, you're from Canada? Cool. Now I'm twice as sure that Canada is delta NF.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winnepeg was much more like North Dakota and Minnesota than either of those states are like Texas or California or North Carolina.

The nature of the economy in Canada, the cultural icons, what people seek in life, are quite different from the states.

One example are hockey and besaball:

its' impossible to make Canadians like baseball and quite hard to sell hockey to americans.

People in Canada make fun of the Americans about things like guns, arrogance, flag waving and the like. And they fun of those very same things whether in Winnipeg or Victoria.

By the way I lived in Victoria for a while. Did you stay there long Diana?

They even speak alike. I wasn't able to tell a Canadian from a North Dakotan or Minnesotan by their accents when I was up there, but I sure could tell the difference between them and a Californian, Texan, Tenesseean, or New Yorker.
    That makes sense but Canada is geographically a BIG country so I hope you don't think all Canadians speak with that accent? people in the maritime provinces, Quebec, Major Urban centres and rural communities all have noticably different accents. Rather than splitting north america according to the US-Canadian border (horizontally) it makes more sense to ignore the border and instead divide the continent vertically (i.e. timezones) If you do this you notice, for example, people in BC are quite similar to people in Washington state (notice the rockies separate them from the east but not from eachother), people in Mantoba are similar to those in Minnesota, those in new brunswick are like those in maine.

In other words what you meant was that you couldn't tell a Manitoban from a North Dakotan (our provinces are kinda like states, we're not all the same, haha

and yah the only reason i corrected you was because i was bored and could sense your curiousity for candian history and culture, careful not to get too excited!
    INFp-Ni

Creepy-Diana