Thread: What interests you in socionics

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What interests you in socionics

Why do you like socionics?
    I like it because of duality, the scientific explaination that there really is a literal 'soul' mate(jung describes the soul = superid, which are composed of the same functions of ego of the dual relationship) and they're not just floating around in some unknown place, which you've got to get to know lots of people to find(if you do), but instead all around you, you just have to know where to look.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like the way in which they take a Scientific approach to relationships, but I also like the way in which Augustinavichiute synthesized Jung's, Freud's, and Kepinski's theories into one complete theory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the relationship theory is indeed the one big strength over MBTI.
    I also agree with the idea that type is about the structure of your mind rather than about your preferences, or whatever you happen to score on a personality test.

I have noticed that there are often quite striking similarities in both appearence, behaviour, expressions and gestures of people with the same type. Most people who know about socionics seem to dissmiss visual identification out of hand but in my opinion it is only natural that people who have a very similar personality could also have similar looks, because both the way we look and the way our minds are organized must be at least partly determined by our genes. It could well be that either the genes that determine our looks also influence our behaviour, for example by modifying the level and response to various hormones, and/or that the genes that build our faces and the ones that build our brains are usually inherited together because they are closely linked in our chromosomes. Of course this is just speculation but I believe that visual identification is one of the most fascinating and promising aspects of socionics. Any theory of personality types that aspires to be truly scientific must be firmly based on the biological foundations of human mind and body. I think in the future genome sequencing and/or brain scans will be the most reliable tests of personality type.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first I was really interested in the VI stuff too...until I just couldn't get any 'method's down. I just don't seem to have a skill for it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic need for human being is connected with it's maturety. It's sexual and that is why it is love. All comes from that and it means that normal human being should have b/g friend. That is why everithing has to be normal in your family that you could self realize your self. We live to get to know why we are here. Thatis why in physics there is a principe that human being was the natural step in Universes evolution. The watcher had to come. And that is why there is duality- a way to find through the love your self (and they say, that god is love). That is why i like socionics.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What interests you in socionics

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    I like it because of duality...
    ... and dislike because of conflict? (((:

Default Re: What interests you in socionics

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Why do you like socionics?
    I like it because of duality, the scientific explaination that there really is a literal 'soul' mate(jung describes the soul = superid, which are composed of the same functions of ego of the dual relationship) and they're not just floating around in some unknown place, which you've got to get to know lots of people to find(if you do), but instead all around you, you just have to know where to look.
    Life is so much richer in relationship opportunities than just duality. Two souls may click together regardless of socionic type of relationship, although the couple may still face the problems associated with that type of relationship. But love is irrational, whether you like it or not.

TIM
    ISTJ
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What interests you in Socionics

I agree as well!

I'm especially interested in the relation dynamic in my family. My family is and has always been a mess!

I recently found out the sociotypes of several family members at a BBQ. The results were so accurate it was scary!!! The relations that many members shared was disturbing as well!

For example: I have an aunt (ESFP) that has two grown daughters, (1) ESTP (1) ENFJ... she treats the ESTP in a horrible and degrading manner for many years...While ESTP daughter has always treated her mother very well. On the other hand, the Mother treats the ENFJ daughter like she is a queen. While the ENFJ daughter treats her like crap and has even threatened her with violence in the past! She always forgives her and starts the destructive cycle over again...for many years!!

Didnt make any sense to me. .. but reading the relations module certainly clears some things up for me! With one daughter she shares a relation of "illusiary" and the other is her "benefactor." Go figure!!

Funny thing is I have two relatives that are considered my "beneficiary" and I do not see the relational module played out in our relationships. (odd?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What interests you in Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Eighty
    Didnt make any sense to me. .. but reading the relations module certainly clears some things up for me! With one daughter she shares a relation of "illusiary" and the other is her "benefactor." Go figure!!

Funny thing is I have two relatives that are considered my "beneficiary" and I do not see the relational module played out in our relationships. (odd?)
    Not at all imho. People can be intelligent and loving - or on the contrary spiteful - no matter what type do they belong to.

TIM
    ISTJ
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course they can...human imperfection and Idiosyncrasies being BESIDE the point in this case!

...moving along!

TIM
    ISTJ
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be applauded for your knack for stating the obvious (ALL OVER THE DISCUSSION BOARD!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The relation between the ESTP son and ISFJ mother can be even worst. My unckle is ESTP and my granny is ISFJ. She made my unckle an alcoholic.
    Semiotical process

Creepy-YMN

Quote Originally Posted by male21
    The relation between the ESTP son and ISFJ mother can be even worst. My unckle is ESTP and my granny is ISFJ. She made my unckle an alcoholic.
    wow.. Guess he couldn't stand her pecking his back? Sorry if I sound crass but their relationship is a 'supervision' one; hence my guess.

I'm in this kind of relationship--with a friend-- and eventhough my 'supervisor' never meant ill, I often felt stifled and misunderstood in his presence. He used to wonder why I can get jittery over his words when he's not insulting me at all. I explained the intertype relation to him. At first he was disappointed when he found out he's my supervisor but I told him it's not his fault that he's one.

We're still good friends with each other but I've to regulate the distance.

Creepy-YMN

Default Re: What interests you in Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Eighty

Pearl, you'll need to interact with them for some time before you can actually notice the dynamics of the 'Benefit' relation.

I'm the benefactor of my cousin and my friend (whom I'll call 'S').

I'm not close to my cousin so I really don't know what he thinks about our relationship.

But S is a long-time friend and I can tell you that as time passes by, our relationship worsens. It started of good. I notice then, that he was eager to please me and he held my words in esteem like I'm God or something. And when he mentioned something silly, he'd apologize like it's a big sin. It was amusing. Well our friendship is no longer like that. He's practically ignoring me now and we only do some small-talk whenever we bump into each other in social gatherings.

I also happen to be the beneficiary of another friend whom I'll call 'D'.

She was like a mother to me. I know this is going to sound lame but shortly after we knew each other, I began to perceive her as a 'caretaker'. I felt protected in her presence. I even thought to myself "I should get a man who's like D". It was all niceties in the beginning... but as time went by I started feeling sick of her presence. When she sat beside me in the class, a momentary dislike for her will surge in me. I wondered why I felt this way since there's no problem with our friendship at all. As if she could sense my unease, she would ask me "Are you okay?". I lied to her and said yes.

I told myself "You can't be feeling this way. D is a nice girl". But I just can't help it. Whenever I see her, I'd sometimes say in my head "You again". As with the case of S, I'm more of a hi-bye friend to D now. I don't blame her for being my Benefactor. It's just nature!

This is precisely why I believe in Socionics. It accurately describes the outcome of relationships.

TIM
    ISTJ
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats very interesting YMN.

Since you mention it, I can remember feeling this vague sense of discomfort. As if I felt unappreciated by them in some way resulting in my distancing myself from them.

They often talk to me about not feeling as if I spend enough time with them. And have even felt offended at the distance that I placed between us over the years.

I still love them (don't get me wrong) I just don't feel comfortable spending too much time in thier homes with thier families. They are constantly trying to make a relationship with me...and I'm constantly "regulating" the boundaries of our relationship.

HEY...Thanks for helping me understand that...How did you do that? lol

I remember Male21 saying that the beneficiary wants a level of closeness that the benefactor does not need or want. Sometimes the beneficiary takes this very harshly and cuts the ties.

Wanting to give that good what he or she gets back and hoping to get the recognition from this is how the social progress is happening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a beneficiary and a benefactor relationship. The benefactor always seemed a really great person to talk to, as long as she kept her moods in control. The Beneficiary kept trying to please me and be my friend but I did not care much for him. I have seen a Benefactor-Beneficiary(INTP,INFJ) relationship which was broken off by the Beneficiary because the INTP seemed too childish and uncaring.

TIM
    ISTJ
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another theory on relations of benefit.

I read one person's (Beneficiary) experience where he (INTJ) said that in an attempt to "give back" what he was experiencing from his benefactor (INFP)... he turned very negative and "extraverted" into an ENTJ (her supervisor) ...his controlling and hurtful tactics made her run away. He still describes her as his ideal woman.

He went further to say that Benefactor aids the Beneficiary somehow...the benefactor cannot understand the beneficiary. The Benefactor is always the perfect mother or father, the beneficiary is always the needy child.

I'm experiencing that right now with an INTP friend of mine. I recently cut communications with him because he is often very passive aggressive and can display a very childish and uncaring side.

He has become very hurt and unaccepting of my descision and has even threatened me! He is has been acting just like a needy helpless child who won't take "go away" for an answer.

Very sad

TIM
    ISTJ
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What interests you in Socionics?

Quote Originally Posted by metaiwan
    I have had a beneficiary and a benefactor relationship. The benefactor always seemed a really great person to talk to, as long as she kept her moods in control. The Beneficiary kept trying to please me and be my friend but I did not care much for him. I have seen a Benefactor-Beneficiary(INTP,INFJ) relationship which was broken off by the Beneficiary because the INTP seemed too childish and uncaring.
    Did you ever wonder whether the INFJ was in fact an ENFJ and represented the INTP's Supervisor?

I share a CRAZY relation of Supervision with one of my aunt's. You seem to capture the reason why I distance myself from her... she is excessively childish and uncaring...not to mention opportunistic.

Of course, I can see how those characteristics could turn anyone off and want to leave a relationship of any kind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, this was definately between an INTP and an INFJ. The INTP acted like he did not need or care much for the INFJ and did not see her need for clingyness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shouldent forget that though the relation of duality is important for an healthy living Socionics also helps all of us to develope our personalities to become more perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once one begins to realize the explanatory power of socionics there should come a moment when the implications of the whole thing actually set in. I mean, EVERY FREAKING DAY people commit years and years of their life to a dysfunctional relationship that could have been warned against by spending a few hours learning this system. Some waste their whole lives. Socionics can SAVE LIVES people. (Do I sound fanatical? I am.)

When people begin to types, their own and others, it paradoxically seems to FREE THEM TO BE THEMSELVES. (I'm different than you and that's okay.) Has anyone else noticed this? It can be a great liberator. It was the rationale that allowed me to abandon many dysfunctional relationships, which can be tough for an INTJ.

Shout it from the hills people!

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Socionics because I have am inherent drive to learn about psychology and the human mind. I like knowing things and figuring them out. Socionics has been an adventure for me, and an experience that makes me feel as if I've seen beyond the veil, so to speak. It's been a lot of fun and has taught me so much about life. For me, it was also a chance to develop a sense of identity when I turned 18. I've always had a tendency to feel as if I understood other people better than myself. And, oddly enough, I also find it easier to type other people than to hold a consistent conception of my own type. Hopefully that has changed, though.

all those 2004 users..........................

did they finish susionics

how is it pointless u got duality conflictorship love pain death and rebirth

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot believe that this forum has been here since 2004.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I cannot believe that this forum has been here since 2004.
    Why not?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The relatively accurate personality descriptions as to why we are a certain way, have inclinations towards this and that and repulsion towards other things, etc. Got into typology as a depressed teen undergoing an identity crisis and typology help serve as a stable datum to that in some regards and of all the systems I looked into (and there certainly were a lot), Socionics was and is the most accurate to me.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The semi-prophetic knowledge about people is the intelligent experience of others that I can easily use.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The contents of ur mum's benis. : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its nice to be part of one of the greatest discoveries in human history.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

mapping your own and others personality is very useful. also the interactions between certain personalities are pretty much as described and can be very useful as to whom to look out for and whom to befriend.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s interesting, and helps me understand people better.

TIM
    NeTx-C (5w6)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First and foremost, it provides me a useful framework to analyse myself. When trying to introspect, I used to have many questions and arrive at very few satisfactory answers. With socionics, I feel like I have a stronger grasp on how different aspects of reality interact with me, I feel like I can understand my own reactions much better, and, most importantly, learn and adapt. I also understand other people's motivations to a greater extent, and I can be a better person to them (for some definition of 'better', I guess) by emphasising certain things and de-emphasising others, so that communication between us would flow smoother.
    Most likely the most negative alpha you have met
    My life experiences may be tainted by living with an LII and an ILI I lovingly call Satan.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything that maps out the epistemological experience of humans is inherently interesting to me. The structural basis is also unique and has *some* internal resonance worth thinking about.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like knowing why people do what they do.
    Socionics strikes a good balance between representing reality and making useful predictions.

Without socionics I'd be less aware of the forces under the surface. It made me much quicker to judge which environments aren't good for me, and with better accuracy. You see people and instinctively understand that they might be looking for something different from you. You can present them with packages of Fe, Ti, Ni, Fi etc. and see how they react. Does it stress them? Do they gracefully dismantle your package? Do they redirect the conversation away from specific IM elements? Do they emphasise it? Do they use it to feed other IM elements?

And all that knowledge can be used to others' benefit.
    "You wouldn't be happy working with those people. Think of it this way, a couple of weeks after you joined you'd find that ......"
    "He's not being a rebel, like the others in the team say, so he shouldn't be punished. He adds value that compensates for everyone else's weaknesses. Without him, ...."
    "I think you should invite .... [because this is the sort of stuff she might enjoy]"
    "But if we go together on a trip, you should know that I want to relax and that I don't care about seeing stuff and ticking boxes. I'm into what you might think of as "boring" activities."

Oh. I should probably add that I don't use it to make conversations go more smoothly. I ultimately don't mind if what I say with honesty offends someone's sensibilities, unless it's unforeseen or it comes with objective costs. So I'll sometimes use socionics to make conversations go less smoothly.
    Last edited by Luk; 06-10-2019 at 11:47 AM.