Thread: José Ortega y Gasset

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default José Ortega y Gasset

Since this is a mostly Anglophile/Slavophile forum I’d be surprised if anyone’s read him, but I’m curious if anyone has VI impressions: pics

My impression of his writing is that he valued Ni/Se and was somewhat full of himself.

ILI?
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 03-14-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

José Ortega y Gasset - ENFP - Huxley ???

Last edited by khcs; 03-15-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't believe it, but I am currently reading the Revolt of the Masses for the second time! I have been wondering about his type as well, but there are not many pics of him on the internet, let alone videos. The book is not helpful either, because I have a feeling the Dutch translation uses a bit too much modern language of a rather negative rightists style that I can't imagine Ortega has been using. But if the Dutch translation is accurate, he indeed is full of himself. Notwithstanding that I already had similar views even before I read him the first time.

ETA: my memory is failing me. I just read a blog post of mine in which I mention him, and there I say I read him for the second time, so this is my third run ;-)
    Last edited by consentingadult; 03-15-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking