Thread: LSI memory

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSI memory

There is someone I suspect to be an LSI that I've been getting closer to recently. I'm pretty sure she's LSI, and anyway she's just so beta. I think we just started a mini-revolution in English class.

One thing I noticed is that she has a GREAT memory. Memory for concrete things such as names and places. For example, in class we sometimes fool around and do these online country/flag quizzes and I tell you she is GOOD! This is also especially impressive for me, someone for whom little details just slip out of my mind (is that proper English). I am French and I couldn't tell you if the red part of the flag is on the top or on the bottom, for example.

Anyway, I was wondering if this is something typical of LSIs. Maybe it's just her-- she is an generally an extremely intelligent person (I don't say it lightly!). She just soaks in all the little details. I would think that is more of a Si trait, or am I misunderstanding? Thx.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My memory is photographic.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    There is someone I suspect to be an LSI that I've been getting closer to recently. I'm pretty sure she's LSI, and anyway she's just so beta. I think we just started a mini-revolution in English class.

One thing I noticed is that she has a GREAT memory. Memory for concrete things such as names and places. For example, in class we sometimes fool around and do these online country/flag quizzes and I tell you she is GOOD! This is also especially impressive for me, someone for whom little details just slip out of my mind (is that proper English). I am French and I couldn't tell you if the red part of the flag is on the top or on the bottom, for example.

Anyway, I was wondering if this is something typical of LSIs. Maybe it's just her-- she is an generally an extremely intelligent person (I don't say it lightly!). She just soaks in all the little details. I would think that is more of a Si trait, or am I misunderstanding? Thx.
    They have 4D Si demonstrative. I really don’t think people take the strength of the unvalued functions seriously enough on here. It should be about as strong as her leading function.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall over 70% of @sbbds floor was covered in a picture she posted over a year ago.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    They have 4D Si demonstrative. I really don’t think people take the strength of the unvalued functions seriously enough on here. It should be about as strong as her leading function.
    I see, thanks. I have heard people talk about the dimensionality of functions, but haven't taken the time to really look into it yet, i will right now..

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Chemical Bromance View Post
    I recall over 70% of @sbbds floor was covered in a picture she posted over a year ago.
    Saving money on carpeting!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Memory recall is not related to type - nor is intelligence. The information perspective that's remembered is related to type; LSIs tend to focus on absolute perspectives rather than relational, and when square information needs to be applied to a round hole, they get out their paring knives......

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 03-10-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Preference for this type of info is process Ti (LSI and ILE are Ti egos of this style but ILI probably outmanoeuvres ILE given same potential ground). Finding and manipulating fixed structures without cracks.

LSI also posseses good sensing memory in relation to their own potential
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-10-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, LSI-Se have great long-term memory and remember all the details quite well (ESI-Se also have great memories, maybe even better than LSI-Se). LSI-Ti don't have great memory, they aren't as good with observing and remembering visual details or facts and they're much slower at recalling and verbally expressing information from memory (LSI-Ti is usually below the mean on the Weschler Memory tests/WMS series).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am French and I couldn't tell you if the red part of the flag is on the top or on the bottom, for example.
    Is this some attempt at humour ?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Not at all. It is 1D Se.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but I work with a guy I suspect is LSI. He gets nervous when I don't do things in the same order as him or when I skip steps for one reason or another. He expects a certain order and consistency and wants all the proper instructions and details on paper and accounted for. Or he just freezes up and wants everyone's input. It's actually kind of annoying. He will go and waste time talking to people for their input when all he needed to do was a little experiential learning or learning to fill in the blanks and prioritize what's really important or not. I don't think he values Te. But other than that he's pretty observant and intelligent like an ILI.
    previously Megadoodoo

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Protozoa LSIs do prefer things quantified and logically structured but the obsessiveness that you describe speaks of an anxiety or mental disorder that could manifest in any number of types......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    no i wish T_T

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Not at all. It is 1D Se.
    How come it's Se and not Si?
    i'm not too clear on the differences yet

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How come it's Se and not Si?
    i'm not too clear on the differences yet
    I'm sure my definition will get criticized by the Ti users, but I'd say that not being aware of your environment is low Se, and not being aware of your health is low Si.

For example, a 4D Se SLE can take one look at a room and know everything that is there and its relative position. A 4D Si SLI can know instinctively what is good or bad for their health, which is why most of them are incredibly healthy.

In contrast, a 1D Se IEI might not notice where she is or remember much about her surroundings because she's doing 4D Ni, which is dreaming of other worlds than this one. To IEI's, the dream is the reality, and reality is a bad dream because it never measures up to the ideal possibilities.

I think of Se as sensing the environment, and Si as sensing the internal state of the individual. Sensing one's internal state makes a person very aware of their comfort and how that environment makes them feel inside. Si-users certainly notice the environment, but only because it affects their internal state of harmony.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm sure my definition will get criticized by the Ti users, but I'd say that not being aware of your environment is low Se, and not being aware of your health is low Si.

For example, a 4D Se SLE can take one look at a room and know everything that is there and its relative position. A 4D Si SLI can know instinctively what is good or bad for their health, which is why most of them are incredibly healthy.

In contrast, a 1D Se IEI might not notice where she is or remember much about her surroundings because she's doing 4D Ni, which is dreaming of other worlds than this one. To IEI's, the dream is the reality, and reality is a bad dream because it never measures up to the ideal possibilities.

I think of Se as sensing the environment, and Si as sensing the internal state of the individual. Sensing one's internal state makes a person very aware of their comfort and how that environment makes them feel inside. Si-users certainly notice the environment, but only because it affects their internal state of harmony.
    Why would it be criticized by Ti users?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to remember best on the few things that interest me.

I wouldn't do well in a Trivia night competition.

I'm also good at detecting holes/inconsistencies in a person's argument immediately lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Why would it be criticized by Ti users?
    because they're supposed to be persnickety about definitions

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to remember a lot of things verbatim (photographically if you will), never thought that much about it but it's not uncommon to get incredulous comments about remembering things others have long since forgotten. Back in school I used to win competitions for naming countries, capital cities and chemical elements (not because I cared about winning them, it was just effortless).
    However, I find that ILE have very good memory as well.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    However, I find that ILE have very good memory as well.
    Yes, ILE-Ti do and they're immune to Alzheimer's disease. They have a lower life expectancy than average at least in the U.S.A. I should've mentioned that they have great memories in my earliest post in this thread, but I was only thinking about Se creatives. LSI-Se and ILE-Ti are the two types that are best at trivia and they have great, stable clear visual memories of their life history and tend to remember things with 100% consistency. Both are highly detail-oriented and the two types that are best at deductive reasoning. ESI-Se also have great, stable long term visual memories but they're not as interested in trivia. LSI-Se, ESI-Se, and ILE-Ti are the three types with best long term visual memory (they remember things clearly, visually, and can quickly retrieve their memories and describe them when asked). LSI-Ti and ESI-Fi are more muddled, especially visually but they do remember facts well and what happened to themselves but they don't process as much info, they live in their heads more and aren't curious as their Se-subtype counterparts.

ILE-Ti followed by LSI-Se and EIE-Ni are the types with the very highest IQ (EIE-Ni aren't as cognitively stable as the other two and don't have anywhere near as good of memories overall, but they can be just as good at calculating their behavior, especially their emotions and their movements and EIE-Ni tend to have great fine motor coordination and good visual and auditory awareness of what's going on around them and are as good as or even better at math than ILE-Ti are overall), but IQ of ILE-Ne and LSI-Ti much lower than ILE-Ti and LSI-Se. ESI-Se have high IQ if they read much and place much value on words as they always remember what they read.

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guac a mole guac guac a mole
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know I had a photographic memory until I was told that it just means seeing stuff as if they were photographs or as if they were in front of me. It doesn't mean literally remembering every single little detail but just enough of them. If that's that, then I do have it yes. Though depends on who you ask, I'm reading on wikipedia now that what I have is eidetic memory more than photographic memory ... I do recall numbers really easily but I don't recall text word by word. I suck at that actually. But I recall numbers and facts like Northstar mentions above and won competitions just like that too, yeah. I also have the photographic or eidetic or whatever memory when it comes to spelling of words. I just remember what the words look like so I remember the spelling really easy.

Edit: Oh and I can do this too. I can focus in the memory (photograph, or snapshot or whatever), and pull out details I did not fully focus on back then when the event happened. This has helped me before. I can do this really well with emotions too for example. If I didn't focus on the emotion when living it, I can later recall the happenings and focus on my emotional state I had there and recognise it like I didn't on the spot. And I can zoom into the memory and notice more details I don't right away when I call up the snapshot(s). Same in real life actually.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An LSI that I know definitely has a good memory.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Memory is with what our _consiousness_ may operate with. We are easier to remember things related to our strong functions, especially ego ones. Info of weak functions is harder to be gotten and is more muddy.

For example, S types should to have better visual memory (more Se types). T types should better remember technical data, facts. F types - info related to people and about emotions. N types - own impressions about objects and places.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti probably helps to pack the info which can be later unpacked. I usually remember formulas well - anything that can be unpacked, indexed and so on but procedures/processes less because I prefer improvisation. Probably static trait
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have shit memory and I hate rote memorization. I'm better with on hands learning by doing and associative thinking, understanding the system and how everything interconnects. As I told Gulenko, my thinking is chaotic and unstructured or I'm unaware of any internal structure and don't store information reliably. His response to this was that it is typical Ti>Se way of thinking as I mainly consider information relevant to the situation aka I don't remember random facts / information about objects unless they are part of a logical system. Random facts / information about objects seem boring to me and irrelevant.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-18-2021 at 06:17 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to have good memory for bodies of knowledge when I was a child, for some reason I don't feel I have it at this age anymore (or less of it).

Like Shotgun, I learn alot through doing and associative thinking.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is a LSI superpower. I have an LSI bestfriend that remembers things for me, like a portable hard drive. Her memory is incredibly detailed and factual. She will be able to correct me on the most superfluous mistakes.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yesein View Post
    I think it is a LSI superpower. I have an LSI bestfriend that remembers things for me, like a portable hard drive. Her memory is incredibly detailed and factual. She will be able to correct me on the most superfluous mistakes.
    Sounds like delta ST tbh..

LSI is Ti processor > Se memory in contrast to SLI which is Si memory > Te processor.
    I know an uptight anal delta LSE, she also takes pride in her memory. Maybe its a Si thing.

I haven't seen famous LSIs like Elon Musk or Brad Pit to take pride in having gr8 memory either.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-19-2021 at 06:26 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, but LSI's are also stronk at SLI ego block functions too, no? They have 4D Si.
    She might just be very smart, as well. She skipped a grade.

Elon Musk is LSI? Damn. Well, my LSI doesn't take great pride in her fantastic memory at all, and doesn't see it as being such a superpower. It's just an automatic correction of past events and the ability to retrieve dead memories from the cobwebbed cellar in my brain.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yesein View Post
    Hmmm, but LSI's are also stronk at SLI ego block functions too, no? They have 4D Si.
    She might just be very smart, as well. She skipped a grade.

Elon Musk is LSI? Damn. Well, my LSI doesn't take great pride in her fantastic memory at all, and doesn't see it as being such a superpower. It's just an automatic correction of past events and the ability to retrieve dead memories from the cobwebbed cellar in my brain.
    Could be we are just not aware or something. Ppl often seem surprised that I remember small details about them, but I still consider my memory to be rather bad. This is kind of how I'm usually not aware that I'm very good at Si related, because I don't consider it important, but to an outsider my Si is very obvious for some reason. (unvalued functions).

LSI superpower imo would be Ti+Sx, so pragmatism and common sense.

the problem in my case however is that I have chronic long term moderate depression (dysthymia) which affects memory. Since I don't remember a time where I didn't have this, I can't tell if bad memory is due to chronic depression or my natural state.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-19-2021 at 08:24 AM.