Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: LSI memory

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LSI memory

    There is someone I suspect to be an LSI that I've been getting closer to recently. I'm pretty sure she's LSI, and anyway she's just so beta. I think we just started a mini-revolution in English class.

    One thing I noticed is that she has a GREAT memory. Memory for concrete things such as names and places. For example, in class we sometimes fool around and do these online country/flag quizzes and I tell you she is GOOD! This is also especially impressive for me, someone for whom little details just slip out of my mind (is that proper English). I am French and I couldn't tell you if the red part of the flag is on the top or on the bottom, for example.

    Anyway, I was wondering if this is something typical of LSIs. Maybe it's just her-- she is an generally an extremely intelligent person (I don't say it lightly!). She just soaks in all the little details. I would think that is more of a Si trait, or am I misunderstanding? Thx.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    ILI - C
    Posts
    1,838
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My memory is photographic.

  3. #3
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Posts
    4,689
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    There is someone I suspect to be an LSI that I've been getting closer to recently. I'm pretty sure she's LSI, and anyway she's just so beta. I think we just started a mini-revolution in English class.

    One thing I noticed is that she has a GREAT memory. Memory for concrete things such as names and places. For example, in class we sometimes fool around and do these online country/flag quizzes and I tell you she is GOOD! This is also especially impressive for me, someone for whom little details just slip out of my mind (is that proper English). I am French and I couldn't tell you if the red part of the flag is on the top or on the bottom, for example.

    Anyway, I was wondering if this is something typical of LSIs. Maybe it's just her-- she is an generally an extremely intelligent person (I don't say it lightly!). She just soaks in all the little details. I would think that is more of a Si trait, or am I misunderstanding? Thx.
    They have 4D Si demonstrative. I really don’t think people take the strength of the unvalued functions seriously enough on here. It should be about as strong as her leading function.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    ILI - C
    Posts
    1,838
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I recall over 70% of @sbbds floor was covered in a picture she posted over a year ago.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    They have 4D Si demonstrative. I really don’t think people take the strength of the unvalued functions seriously enough on here. It should be about as strong as her leading function.
    I see, thanks. I have heard people talk about the dimensionality of functions, but haven't taken the time to really look into it yet, i will right now..

  6. #6
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Posts
    4,689
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Chemical Bromance View Post
    I recall over 70% of @sbbds floor was covered in a picture she posted over a year ago.
    Saving money on carpeting!

  7. #7
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,605
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Memory recall is not related to type - nor is intelligence. The information perspective that's remembered is related to type; LSIs tend to focus on absolute perspectives rather than relational, and when square information needs to be applied to a round hole, they get out their paring knives......

    a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 03-10-2020 at 12:24 PM.

  8. #8
    a two horned unicorn renegade Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Posts
    6,037
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Preference for this type of info is process Ti (LSI and ILE are Ti egos of this style but ILI probably outmanoeuvres ILE given same potential ground). Finding and manipulating fixed structures without cracks.

    LSI also posseses good sensing memory in relation to their own potential
    Last edited by Chin Diaper 007; 03-10-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    Uncertified public verbal executioner of ESI. Tickets will be available soon.
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    363
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, LSI-Se have great long-term memory and remember all the details quite well (ESI-Se also have great memories, maybe even better than LSI-Se). LSI-Ti don't have great memory, they aren't as good with observing and remembering visual details or facts and they're much slower at recalling and verbally expressing information from memory (LSI-Ti is usually below the mean on the Weschler Memory tests/WMS series).

  10. #10
    BaruchJorgell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    TIM
    ILI-H
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    I am French and I couldn't tell you if the red part of the flag is on the top or on the bottom, for example.
    Is this some attempt at humour ?

  11. #11
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,538
    Mentioned
    1025 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Is this some attempt at humour ?
    Not at all. It is 1D Se.

  12. #12
    now with Corona Virus Protozoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know, but I work with a guy I suspect is LSI. He gets nervous when I don't do things in the same order as him or when I skip steps for one reason or another. He expects a certain order and consistency and wants all the proper instructions and details on paper and accounted for. Or he just freezes up and wants everyone's input. It's actually kind of annoying. He will go and waste time talking to people for their input when all he needed to do was a little experiential learning or learning to fill in the blanks and prioritize what's really important or not. I don't think he values Te. But other than that he's pretty observant and intelligent like an ILI.
    previously Megadoodoo

  13. #13
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,605
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Protozoa LSIs do prefer things quantified and logically structured but the obsessiveness that you describe speaks of an anxiety or mental disorder that could manifest in any number of types......

    a.k.a. I/O

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Is this some attempt at humour ?
    no i wish T_T

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Not at all. It is 1D Se.
    How come it's Se and not Si?
    i'm not too clear on the differences yet

  16. #16
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,538
    Mentioned
    1025 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    How come it's Se and not Si?
    i'm not too clear on the differences yet
    I'm sure my definition will get criticized by the Ti users, but I'd say that not being aware of your environment is low Se, and not being aware of your health is low Si.

    For example, a 4D Se SLE can take one look at a room and know everything that is there and its relative position. A 4D Si SLI can know instinctively what is good or bad for their health, which is why most of them are incredibly healthy.

    In contrast, a 1D Se IEI might not notice where she is or remember much about her surroundings because she's doing 4D Ni, which is dreaming of other worlds than this one. To IEI's, the dream is the reality, and reality is a bad dream because it never measures up to the ideal possibilities.

    I think of Se as sensing the environment, and Si as sensing the internal state of the individual. Sensing one's internal state makes a person very aware of their comfort and how that environment makes them feel inside. Si-users certainly notice the environment, but only because it affects their internal state of harmony.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    363
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm sure my definition will get criticized by the Ti users, but I'd say that not being aware of your environment is low Se, and not being aware of your health is low Si.

    For example, a 4D Se SLE can take one look at a room and know everything that is there and its relative position. A 4D Si SLI can know instinctively what is good or bad for their health, which is why most of them are incredibly healthy.

    In contrast, a 1D Se IEI might not notice where she is or remember much about her surroundings because she's doing 4D Ni, which is dreaming of other worlds than this one. To IEI's, the dream is the reality, and reality is a bad dream because it never measures up to the ideal possibilities.

    I think of Se as sensing the environment, and Si as sensing the internal state of the individual. Sensing one's internal state makes a person very aware of their comfort and how that environment makes them feel inside. Si-users certainly notice the environment, but only because it affects their internal state of harmony.
    Why would it be criticized by Ti users?

  18. #18
    DrDonkeyBallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,334
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tend to remember best on the few things that interest me.

    I wouldn't do well in a Trivia night competition.

    I'm also good at detecting holes/inconsistencies in a person's argument immediately lol

  19. #19
    sullutac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Why would it be criticized by Ti users?
    because they're supposed to be persnickety about definitions

  20. #20
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    958
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tend to remember a lot of things verbatim (photographically if you will), never thought that much about it but it's not uncommon to get incredulous comments about remembering things others have long since forgotten. Back in school I used to win competitions for naming countries, capital cities and chemical elements (not because I cared about winning them, it was just effortless).
    However, I find that ILE have very good memory as well.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    363
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    However, I find that ILE have very good memory as well.
    Yes, ILE-Ti do and they're immune to Alzheimer's disease. They have a lower life expectancy than average at least in the U.S.A. I should've mentioned that they have great memories in my earliest post in this thread, but I was only thinking about Se creatives. LSI-Se and ILE-Ti are the two types that are best at trivia and they have great, stable clear visual memories of their life history and tend to remember things with 100% consistency. Both are highly detail-oriented and the two types that are best at deductive reasoning. ESI-Se also have great, stable long term visual memories but they're not as interested in trivia. LSI-Se, ESI-Se, and ILE-Ti are the three types with best long term visual memory (they remember things clearly, visually, and can quickly retrieve their memories and describe them when asked). LSI-Ti and ESI-Fi are more muddled, especially visually but they do remember facts well and what happened to themselves but they don't process as much info, they live in their heads more and aren't curious as their Se-subtype counterparts.

    ILE-Ti followed by LSI-Se and EIE-Ni are the types with the very highest IQ (EIE-Ni aren't as cognitively stable as the other two and don't have anywhere near as good of memories overall, but they can be just as good at calculating their behavior, especially their emotions and their movements and EIE-Ni tend to have great fine motor coordination and good visual and auditory awareness of what's going on around them and are as good as or even better at math than ILE-Ti are overall), but IQ of ILE-Ne and LSI-Ti much lower than ILE-Ti and LSI-Se. ESI-Se have high IQ if they read much and place much value on words as they always remember what they read.

  22. #22
    Ibreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    TIM
    LSI ISTj 7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guac a mole guac guac a mole
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't know I had a photographic memory until I was told that it just means seeing stuff as if they were photographs or as if they were in front of me. It doesn't mean literally remembering every single little detail but just enough of them. If that's that, then I do have it yes. Though depends on who you ask, I'm reading on wikipedia now that what I have is eidetic memory more than photographic memory ... I do recall numbers really easily but I don't recall text word by word. I suck at that actually. But I recall numbers and facts like Northstar mentions above and won competitions just like that too, yeah. I also have the photographic or eidetic or whatever memory when it comes to spelling of words. I just remember what the words look like so I remember the spelling really easy.

    Edit: Oh and I can do this too. I can focus in the memory (photograph, or snapshot or whatever), and pull out details I did not fully focus on back then when the event happened. This has helped me before. I can do this really well with emotions too for example. If I didn't focus on the emotion when living it, I can later recall the happenings and focus on my emotional state I had there and recognise it like I didn't on the spot. And I can zoom into the memory and notice more details I don't right away when I call up the snapshot(s). Same in real life actually.

  24. #24
    Decisive Queen StarPath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    TIM
    Executive
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An LSI that I know definitely has a good memory.
    ESI-Se - 1w2 sp/so - 136 - VLEF - Lawful Neutral - Ravenclaw
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5
    Virgo Sun - Aquarius Rising - Scorpio Moon


  25. #25

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,592
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Memory is with what our _consiousness_ may operate with. We are easier to remember things related to our strong functions, especially ego ones. Info of weak functions is harder to be gotten and is more muddy.

    For example, S types should to have better visual memory (more Se types). T types should better remember technical data, facts. F types - info related to people and about emotions. N types - own impressions about objects and places.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  26. #26
    a two horned unicorn renegade Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Posts
    6,037
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ti probably helps to pack the info which can be later unpacked. I usually remember formulas well - anything that can be unpacked, indexed and so on but procedures/processes less because I prefer improvisation. Probably static trait
    Uncertified public verbal executioner of ESI. Tickets will be available soon.
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  27. #27
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Romania
    TIM
    LSI-H™
    Posts
    1,568
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have shit memory and I hate rote memorization. I'm better with on hands learning by doing and associative thinking, understanding the system and how everything interconnects. As I told Gulenko, my thinking is chaotic and unstructured or I'm unaware of any internal structure and don't store information reliably. His response to this was that it is typical Ti>Se way of thinking as I mainly consider information relevant to the situation aka I don't remember random facts / information about objects unless they are part of a logical system. Random facts / information about objects seem boring to me and irrelevant.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 01-18-2021 at 07:17 AM.

  28. #28
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,797
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to have good memory for bodies of knowledge when I was a child, for some reason I don't feel I have it at this age anymore (or less of it).

    Like Shotgun, I learn alot through doing and associative thinking.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it is a LSI superpower. I have an LSI bestfriend that remembers things for me, like a portable hard drive. Her memory is incredibly detailed and factual. She will be able to correct me on the most superfluous mistakes.

  30. #30
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Romania
    TIM
    LSI-H™
    Posts
    1,568
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yesein View Post
    I think it is a LSI superpower. I have an LSI bestfriend that remembers things for me, like a portable hard drive. Her memory is incredibly detailed and factual. She will be able to correct me on the most superfluous mistakes.
    Sounds like delta ST tbh..

    LSI is Ti processor > Se memory in contrast to SLI which is Si memory > Te processor.
    I know an uptight anal delta LSE, she also takes pride in her memory. Maybe its a Si thing.

    I haven't seen famous LSIs like Elon Musk or Brad Pit to take pride in having gr8 memory either.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 01-19-2021 at 07:26 AM.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm, but LSI's are also stronk at SLI ego block functions too, no? They have 4D Si.
    She might just be very smart, as well. She skipped a grade.

    Elon Musk is LSI? Damn. Well, my LSI doesn't take great pride in her fantastic memory at all, and doesn't see it as being such a superpower. It's just an automatic correction of past events and the ability to retrieve dead memories from the cobwebbed cellar in my brain.

  32. #32
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Romania
    TIM
    LSI-H™
    Posts
    1,568
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yesein View Post
    Hmmm, but LSI's are also stronk at SLI ego block functions too, no? They have 4D Si.
    She might just be very smart, as well. She skipped a grade.

    Elon Musk is LSI? Damn. Well, my LSI doesn't take great pride in her fantastic memory at all, and doesn't see it as being such a superpower. It's just an automatic correction of past events and the ability to retrieve dead memories from the cobwebbed cellar in my brain.
    Could be we are just not aware or something. Ppl often seem surprised that I remember small details about them, but I still consider my memory to be rather bad. This is kind of how I'm usually not aware that I'm very good at Si related, because I don't consider it important, but to an outsider my Si is very obvious for some reason. (unvalued functions).

    LSI superpower imo would be Ti+Sx, so pragmatism and common sense.

    the problem in my case however is that I have chronic long term moderate depression (dysthymia) which affects memory. Since I don't remember a time where I didn't have this, I can't tell if bad memory is due to chronic depression or my natural state.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 01-19-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •