Thread: Mark Suciu

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mark Suciu

“It didn’t seem there were any other forms of excitement other than what I had experienced at the time. I’d seen other people’s careers and I’ve seen them repeat themselves. I wanted more intrigue”.

“People repeat themselves and, to me, that is imperfect. It’s a lesser form of what they’ve already done”

“Back to that question: have I reached a different kind of career than the one I imagined myself to possibly have, one that would be really boring? I think I have”.

“Now with the career I’m working with, it’s me versus me versus skating. It’s more complex and I have made it to a different kind of experience in a skate career. It was always there but I never noticed it”.

Fifty percent of the day is, “I don’t know what I’m going to try until I get to that thing.” Like a flatground trick: you do a trick on a handrail and you are rolling away and something comes to your mind and tells you to do a nollie frontside flip instead of a treflip, you know? I would say that, as a general rule, I skate and learn tricks, and I see what my body is doing. My mind races and gets excited, and I think about all the other things I could do – and then I’ll maybe write it down.

“Well, I’ve been thinking of a trick for the last two years and then I first tried it a year ago. I have been trying it on and off since then, and in the last month or two, I’ve been trying it very exclusively. It’s just a stupid trick, it’s just outside of my potential pretty much – but I keep trying it because this is the whole idea that I would do this trick and I can’t think of any other way to end it. So we gave ourselves the deadline because I thought the pressure would be good and it would make me do the trick, but I didn’t get it.”

Last edited by Averroes; 03-09-2020 at 08:56 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is SLI>>ILI