Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have you learned from life ?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I think it's probable I have 4D Ni. Most accurate description for me I've read from any Socionics profile is the dominant Ni one.
    Yeah it’s normal for people to play up their self perception of their hidden agenda.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Yeah it’s normal for people to play up their self perception of their hidden agenda.
    There you go again assuming you're right.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go again assuming you're right.
    ..... It’s a thing lol . I’m not gonna argue with you if you ignore facts.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

..... It’s a thing lol . I’m not gonna argue with you if you ignore facts.
    Your alternative facts? Facts are one thing. Deciding you're right and calling your claims facts is quite another. I agree that some people think of themselves as being dominant in one element when that element is really their HA. I don't think I'm doing that myself. I still type as EII anyway. I haven't moved yet for starters. But I think you're being a bit snide.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your alternative facts? Facts are one thing. Deciding you're right and calling your claims facts is quite another. I agree that some people think of themselves as being dominant in one element when that element is really their HA. I don't think I'm doing that myself. I still type as EII anyway. I haven't moved yet for starters. But I think you're being a bit snide.
    Now you’re talking like Sol.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't moved yet for starters. But I think you're being a bit snide.
    You have moved. You typed as ESI for a long time, then LSI. Now you’ve changed it again to EII.

And I didn’t say it was a fact that you’re playing up your HA. I merely suggested that it’s common, which is a fact.

And I don’t know what you think I’m being snide about here lol. You’re the one defensively playing the victim while snidely making assumptions.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You have moved. You typed as ESI for a long time, then LSI. Now you’ve changed it again to EII.

And I didn’t say it was a fact that you’re playing up your HA. I merely suggested that it’s common, which is a fact.

And I don’t know what you think I’m being snide about lol.
    You don't?

Okay, I made a post saying I it's probable I have 4D Ni. You replied, "Yeah, it's normal for people to play up their self-perception of their HA." You're implying that I was playing up my perception of having 4D Ni by making that statement in response to the one I made -- without directly contradicting my statement. It might have been unintentional, but you are still dismissing what I was saying in my post.

And yeah, I have changed my typing a few times. Lots of people have done that. But your statement is replying to an imaginary statement: "I haven't changed my type." I said, "I haven't changed my type yet." -- That means I haven't changed from EII. And that's what I was saying. I wasn't focusing on past typings with that statement.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't?

Okay, I made a post saying I it's probable I have 4D Ni. You replied, "Yeah, it's normal for people to play up their self-perception of their HA." You're implying that I was playing up my perception of having 4D Ni by making that statement in response to the one I made -- without directly contradicting my statement. It might have been unintentional, but you are still dismissing what I was saying in my post.
    .... The implication was not what I was calling a fact..

How could it be??

This is a great example of your Ne polr actually. Good job on being public with it.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

.... The implication was not what I was calling a fact..

How could it be??

This is a great example of your Ne polr actually. Good job on being public with it.
    My reply was targeted at your implication, not the simple statement of people confusing Dom/HA. I know that happens.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yeah, I have changed my typing a few times. Lots of people have done that. But your statement is replying to an imaginary statement: "I haven't changed my type." I said, "I haven't changed my type yet." -- That means I haven't changed from EII. And that's what I was saying. I wasn't focusing on past typings with that statement.
    My reply was targeted at your implication, not the simple statement of people confusing Dom/HA. I know that happens.
    The fact that a) you didn’t know how it would be hardly relevant that you haven’t changed from EII yet, yet more relevant for me to guess you meant that you haven’t moved from your original typing yet,

and

b) the fact that you thought my implied OPINION was what I was referring to as FACT (?!?) instead of my ACTUAL STATEMENT

c) the fact that you think it’s okay to create such insane thoughts about people making assumptions out of thin air and then CONDEMNING people for them lmao, while not realizing the reasonable assumptions one would make from your own phrasing

d) the fact that not realizing targeting an implication is also Ne polr

ALL POINTS TO NE POLR!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fact that a) you didn’t know how it would be hardly relevant that you haven’t changed from EII yet, yet more relevant for me to guess you meant that you haven’t moved from your original typing yet,

and

b) the fact that you thought my implied OPINION was what I was referring to as FACT (?!?) instead of my ACTUAL STATEMENT

c) the fact that you think it’s okay to create such insane thoughts about people making assumptions out of thin air and then CONDEMNING people for them lmao, while not realizing the reasonable assumptions one would make from your own phrasing

d) the fact that not realizing targeting an implication is also Ne polr

ALL POINTS TO NE POLR!!!!! WOOHOO!!!
    I don't like your tone missy.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't everything I've learned learned from life? Do you want a complete list?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow the spirit. Life has to have a direction that's bigger than you. You find that by accepting your current culture and conventions and spirit of the times, society trends. Do what other people are doing, and then work your way forward from that. Don't isolate yourself mentally, humans are not meant for that.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Develop positive daily habits (exercise, meditation, reading etc.)
    -Praise good, intelligent and moral acts regardless if I like the person or not
    -Create beautiful things
    -Avoid being dragged down into bullshit (mine or other peoples)
    -Take time to appreciate beauty and nature
    -Be aware of who or what is trying to influence/control me
    -Look after my body and mind
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagreement ≠ Hate
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 08-25-2020 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Follow the spirit. Life has to have a direction that's bigger than you. You find that by accepting your current culture and conventions and spirit of the times, society trends. Do what other people are doing, and then work your way forward from that. Don't isolate yourself mentally, humans are not meant for that.
    If I could dislike this post, I would. Nothing could be further from the truth.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to elaborate?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Want to elaborate?
    Not particularly.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not particularly.
    Fair enough. I agreed somewhat with Tallmo’s post, so I was curious why you didn’t.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Sounds like an endorsement of the status quo and social rules. Ti, and Fe.

Sound like a rejection of the status quo and social rules. Not Ti, and not Fe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

all that I know

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people build a god in their image and it's not pretty.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    It doesn't matter how much you read into things. You really never know what's going to happen.
    Probably true.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Sounds like an endorsement of the status quo and social rules. Ti, and Fe.

Sound like a rejection of the status quo and social rules. Not Ti, and not Fe.

How does this hash with Stalinist USSR being gamma?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Stalin was LSI. It was beta all along.
    wth i love gamma now

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's nigh impossible to share a philosophy I've learned that doesn't belong to somebody else, because truths are universal. If my philosophy is valid, someone else will have learned it as well.

People usually think about themselves. That means you can get away with a lot of things that make you feel awkward or foolish, and if anyone remembers it will only be a passing memory when something related comes up. They're not thinking of you and your mistakes - they're thinking of themself and their mistakes.

Some people learn through experiences, and they know a lot about how the world works. But they tend to learn through bad experiences. This suggests that learning by experiences exercises INT, not WIS. Some of the wisest people have few fascinating stories of experiences they learned from. Wisdom is gained gradually, by giving attention to the smaller parts of life.

Wisdom is also gained by learning from the experiences of others. But they don't need to be real experiences. Fictional stories can tell us much about the truths of life. (I recently met someone from Zimbabwe who mentioned that they look for morals/meanings in any story they're told, even the ones not meant to have meaning.)

Thankfulness is the key to happiness.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Some people build a god in their image and it's not pretty.
    Very good truth.
    That's an interesting thing about ancient pagan/idol worship vs the biblical God. Genesis tells us that humans were created "in the image of God." We are designed after Him, given some of His characteristics, and are meant to be His representatives, or standard-bearers, to the world.
    But humans have preferred to elevate themselves, designing gods with human characteristics and thus making their gods image-bearers of themselves. Gods of sex, wealth, and trickery. Gods who squabble with one another, make mistakes, and react in selfish ways.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i aint learned shit

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't learned anything from life except that everything life has taught me is a lie. For years, one falsehood after another was planted in my head; and for years, I've been been uprooting those falsehoods one by one and returning myself to the condition of perfect wisdom possessed by the new born.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The following ideas are spooks:
    - Adulthood
    - Politics
    - Total physical security
    - Objective values

The following spooks are actually real:
    - Metaphysical existence / “God”
    - Our minds being connected to the Matrix
    - Physical reality generally following certain rules that you can’t really escape from
    - Consciousness having different parts to it

Unconditional love: ?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The following ideas are spooks:
    - Adulthood
    - Politics
    - Total physical security
    - Objective values

The following spooks are actually real:
    - Metaphysical existence / “God”
    - Our minds being connected to the Matrix
    - Physical reality generally following certain rules that you can’t really escape from
    - Consciousness having different parts to it

Unconditional love: ?
    Matrix is killed for me. The lesson should've been "never stop peeling away layers; once you think you've 'got it,' there's one more underneath." Instead, too many assume there's just two layers and that's it ime.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Matrix is killed for me. The lesson should've been "never stop peeling away layers; once you think you've 'got it,' there's one more underneath." Instead, too many assume there's just two layers and that's it ime.
    Sure, matrix is just an oversimplification

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take yourself so seriously and pay attention to when you may be pushing people away without realizing it. At the end of the day it's the people around you that makes your life worth living

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some of these aren't really 100 % true as much as I'd like them to be true, in principal but nevertheless:

Least said, soonest mended. aka Don't have diarrhea of the mouth.
    Speak ye little, listen much. (same concept kinda)
    When we do shitty things in life, we don't think we're not righteous- we think we have the right.
    Nobody wants to be the bad guy, everybody thinks they are righteous. (similiar-ish to above)
    People in authority are cruel, heartless assholes that just want power under the guise of righteousness. Usually. Probably. Mostly. Always?
    I'll quit playing victim when you stop being an offender.
    Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    Be careful when following the masses. The 'M' is often silent.
    Success is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration.
    Money + Power + Respect is the key to life. (I just need the money!)

A lot of these ethical lessons don't really matter as much as learning a technical or mechanical skill. Most people only pounce on obvious ethical mishaps cuz they aren't really smart enough to handle the nuances.

Last one, I just thought: Maybe life, and getting along with others, is about making peace with your inner Karen and inner weirdo.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't die when you hit middle age.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don’t really need to refrigerate eggs or butter. Jam and most other preserved condiments without dairy last quite a while unrefrigerated also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12