Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta aspects of IEI?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I test ILE and I relate to everything stereotypical Beta.. beats the fuck outa me why..

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Re. "revolutionary"-ness, I recommend trying to look at Alphas and Betas together and contrasting them with Gammas and Deltas. The former are much more socially oriented (because they value Fe/Ti), and tend to think of social causes (political, religious, etc.) as being more important than Gammas and Deltas tend to. Exceptions of course exist, and you also have to examine motivations: if a Delta is involved in a political organization, it's more likely that he likes to feel like an important part of a "tribe" than that he feels a particular ideological convincement that this cause is important.

Once you do this, it's quite easy IMO to separate Alphas from Betas. Betas are like Deltas in that they enjoy being part of something larger than themselves, but because it's coupled with more ideological and emotional motivation, they tend to be the ones organizing and spearheading movements -- think Lenin, for instance, an SLE who was a perceptive thinker in his own right, but organized thousands of people into an effective revolutionary force. Or Mao, who, despite being a delusional narcissist and not a very deep thinker, was nevertheless able to unite millions of Chinese in a shared vision. Or Gandhi, or Jesus, or Hitler.

Alphas, in contrast, are more wispy, and drift in and out of social organizations more or less at will. They're less likely to be inclined to put down permanent roots in them, and even less likely to be effective at or willing to manipulate people and try to "herd" them in a general direction, which is generally in the realm of Se.
    ok, that makes sense as Alpha then.
    Last edited by SGF; 06-23-2020 at 12:53 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    That would take too much writing. Let me summarise:

IEI - impetuous in an OCD type of way, and not save for a rainy day
    EIE - idealists with focus on the system not giving much thought to the practical costs of their ambition
    SLE - living in the moment and not worrying much about consequence
    LSI - maker/follower of plans and rules, rarely looking beyond the immediate situation

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Have you read: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ription-by-I-O
    Can I ask..what do you think are the ‘problems’ of the other types/quadras? If Beta are image conscious with limited views of the future what are the other quadras? I know you’ve said somewhere else that beta focus on their own world too much..

what do you think the other quadras are guilty of?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyR View Post
    ......what do you think the other quadras are guilty of?
    They're slight tendencies rather than something of which they're guilty. Most Alphas tend to be doomed to support roles never seeming to have the ambition or test their limits or use their full potential. Lots of Gammas seem to accumulate unresolved issues that destroy most of their relationships; whereas most relationships are compromised by outside factors and incompatibilities, theirs seem to originate from personal disappointments with what life is doing to them in general. Many Deltas seem to be indignant, disgusted and or enraged at a lot of things, which simmers just below the surface; most never let it show but it does seem to influence many of their decisions.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    They're slight tendencies rather than something of which they're guilty. Most Alphas tend to be doomed to support roles never seeming to have the ambition or test their limits or use their full potential. Lots of Gammas seem to accumulate unresolved issues that destroy most of their relationships; whereas most relationships are compromised by outside factors and incompatibilities, theirs seem to originate from personal disappointments with what life is doing to them in general. Many Deltas seem to be indignant, disgusted and or enraged at a lot of things, which simmers just below the surface; most never let it show but it does seem to influence many of their decisions.

a.k.a. I/O
    Thank you, that's really interesting. I know I should read and observe things myself but it's good having some guidance. Ok- so they are tendencies which can cause problems for individuals (but other types may feel the negative effects too I guess as a kind of knock on effect). This is something good to be aware of certainly- for understanding and helping people (and being less harsh on myself and others).
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 12-05-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12