Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta aspects of IEI?

TIM
    IEI, E9ish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also had the problem of setting myself very low expectations because I have ‘failed’ at other stuff. That is just as unhelpful as setting expectations which are too high. Low self-esteem can lead to someone not pushing themselves, in the same way idealism can set someone up for failure. You could see it as a vicious cycle. I practice meditation which focuses on self-compassion in order to deal with my self-esteem issues, which I find very helpful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    I have also had the problem of setting myself very low expectations because I have ‘failed’ at other stuff. That is just as unhelpful as setting expectations which are too high. Low self-esteem can lead to someone not pushing themselves, in the same way idealism can set someone up for failure. You could see it as a vicious cycle. I practice meditation which focuses on self-compassion in order to deal with my self-esteem issues, which I find very helpful.
    Me too.. at this point I've been practicing trying not to even have any expectations to begin with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12