Thread: More introverted IEE?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More introverted IEE?

Hi deltas!
    I'm trying to type one of my friends I've known for a long time. I'm pretty sure she must be IEE: she possesses the childlike, dispersive Ne-ness, and she just feels like she's one, you know? However, she's also more introverted (ambiverted? she says when she was younger she was very outgoing). She submerges herself in books and daydreams and hopes for the perfect person to come along. She's an so/sp 4w5 and doesn't have a lot of confidence (perhaps slightly unhealthy), which makes her somewhat reclusive and inclined towards social anxiety. She's in high school.
    I'm thinking she must be a strong Fi-subtype, would this be possible?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Determining the type of anyone below the age of 25 is doubtful at best and trauma will cause all types to withdraw into themselves to varying degrees. All IEEs seem to be very exploratory (reading a lot might be one indicator) or experimental in nature, and rather idealistic. I've known more than a few who, when around people, seem to detach and allow others drive the conversations. As you indicate, lack of confidence may be a big factor - or lack of trust.....

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is fairly common to have periods of ignoring indulgence. Anyway, if one reaches their own Contrary type for longer periods of time and loose control of their life it will be wise to put stop to it.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/entry.php/2606-Dangers-of-contrary-integration

Ignoring is the most problematic function regarding to one's own psyche. It is like driving handbrake on when used too much.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-05-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's very possible. I'm IEE-Fi subtype I kinda relate to your friend. In middle school and high school I was just like you described your friend. And when I was younger I was outgoing and almost always happy but that changed entirely in middle/high school. Now, I'm trying to go back to my old self. I had a huge problem of self-esteem, trust issues, fear and didn't realize. But now each year brings more clarity to me and more confidence. Life really can make you into someone totally different from your real self (or healthy self).

Back then, I didn't even realize I had a problem and I typed myself IEI many times, it was one day I saw this girl (IEE) who many people tell me she is similar to me. When I saw her, I remembered my old self and I think it was from that time I realized and decided to change.

And you know your friend is ENFp because she feels comfortable with you, I think others might perceive her as a really serious/introverted/boring person. Because me personally, I can't let others see my real self until I'm totally comfortable with them and that varies from person to another.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    It is fairly common to have periods of ignoring indulgence. Anyway, if one reaches their own Contrary type for longer periods of time and loose control of their life it will be wise to put stop to it.

Ignoring is the most problematic function regarding to one's own psyche. It is like driving handbrake on when used too much.
    From my experience, This is sooo true. And I have seen it in other unhealthy types as well, you would easily type them as their contrary, really misleading!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your replies! Although 16types isn't super active, it seems to still be way more active than PerC
    @toska I think her idealism/obsession could be attributed to the fact she is 4w5 as well as sx-blind. out of curiosity, which parts made you think she is delta? i'm not very knowledgeable about the characteristics of each quadra yet.
    As for her likes and dislikes:
    Likes: artistic things, calligraphy, poetry, books, writing fanfiction.. things like that. She's intelligent and understands things quickly. Understands math well and is in the advanced class. She's struggling a bit right now, but if not for her constant sleep deprivation and constant underestimation and bad work ethic, she'd be totally fine.
    @Rebelondeck She certainly does detach a lot and let others lead the conversation. She is closest with an EII and when it's those two, she is certainly the one leading the conversation more. Same with people she is more comfortable with (not many people, due to low confidence). Although I am one of her closer friends, I feel she's always slightly on edge with me. It seems she's always scared that I'll see her in a less favorable light. Well, once again- low confidence. She is indeed quite exploratory. She's taken up calligraphy classes recently. Always wants to try things but she is characterized by hesitancy. For example, "bullet journaling", developing her sense of style..
    @Daisy She sounds exactly like what you described! Thank you for the description.

After reading everyone's input, I'm pretty sure she's an IEE (and not EII)

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    Thanks for all your replies! Although 16types isn't super active, it seems to still be way more active than PerC
    @toska I think her idealism/obsession could be attributed to the fact she is 4w5 as well as sx-blind. out of curiosity, which parts made you think she is delta? i'm not very knowledgeable about the characteristics of each quadra yet.
    As for her likes and dislikes:
    Likes: artistic things, calligraphy, poetry, books, writing fanfiction.. things like that. She's intelligent and understands things quickly. Understands math well and is in the advanced class. She's struggling a bit right now, but if not for her constant sleep deprivation and constant underestimation and bad work ethic, she'd be totally fine.
    @Rebelondeck She certainly does detach a lot and let others lead the conversation. She is closest with an EII and when it's those two, she is certainly the one leading the conversation more. Same with people she is more comfortable with (not many people, due to low confidence). Although I am one of her closer friends, I feel she's always slightly on edge with me. It seems she's always scared that I'll see her in a less favorable light. Well, once again- low confidence. She is indeed quite exploratory. She's taken up calligraphy classes recently. Always wants to try things but she is characterized by hesitancy. For example, "bullet journaling", developing her sense of style..
    @Daisy She sounds exactly like what you described! Thank you for the description.

After reading everyone's input, I'm pretty sure she's an IEE (and not EII)
    She might be an IEE-Ne actually, since IEE-Fi tend to be more outgoing and social, just as a friend that I know is my identical. He got typed ILE, but I know he's IEE-Fi and the only difference between us is that I seem to accomplish more in areas of learning whereas he accomplishes more in areas of relationships, due to the difference of subtypes.
    I also look for the perfect partner and I spend much more time reading than actually socializing.