Thread: What is your favourite (and most accurate) enneagram test and what's your tritype?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool What is your favourite (and most accurate) enneagram test and what's your tritype?

My top types are always 4,5,7 and 9. After reading about tritypes I identified a lot with the 459 (at least a year ago I did) It's supposedly a triple withdrawn type, I do feel like that at my worst but maybe that's what I feel like when I'm blind by my negative emotions. There's a very unstable and scattered aspect of myself so I may be a 4 or 7.

What is a good unbiased/objective enneagram test (besides eclectic energies) that I can retake now after 1,5 years?

Apparently tritypes are composed of head (mental/higher faculties), heart (feelings and emotions) and gut (instinctual) tryads. Each of this personal aspects of yourself have different enneagram types, but at the same time they can't contradict themselves so you have a group of three types/choices for each aspect. Do you believe in tritypes? If so what's yours?

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I actually paid for the official test once, and I enjoyed taking it. It does have a different vibe compared to the other tests. My result was 5w4 sx/sp. I'm not sure I believe that today, but it was still fun to take.

If you know enough about the theory, all tests are useless, because you always know where the question is aiming, and it's too easy to bias yourself. Just read Character and Neurosis by Claudio Naranjo. It's the best book on the Enneagram I've ever seen. None of the other books come close, because it doesn't seem as liable to use shortcuts and stereotypes. It provides a full picture of all the types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    If you know enough about the theory, all tests are useless, because you always know where the question is aiming, and it's too easy to bias yourself. Just read Character and Neurosis by Claudio Naranjo. It's the best book on the Enneagram I've ever seen. None of the other books come close, because it doesn't seem as liable to use shortcuts and stereotypes. It provides a full picture of all the types.
    I completely agree with you. But it's still fun to pretend we're getting to know ourselves deeper and better. Thank you for the suggestion! I'll see if I can find it on libgen.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion, Aramas. I looked it up on Amazon and got distracted by a book called The Enneagram of Eating. Tempted to buy it just to see...

Back to the topic, 3w4-5-8, tentatively. Don't know how to respond to my belief about tritypes.

Fi Fi Fi Fi Fi Fi Fi Fi Fi Fi thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    4 Delta NF
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gotten the same primary type and wing for many years on every test, being 4w5. Actually, a couple times last year I did get 5, but I think there was a pretty good reason behind that lol. I do agree that tests aren't all that though and learning the system is best. 4 undoubtedly fits me best, but I'm now unsure on wing and definitely unsure on tritype. Here is a test with 300 questions, I can't honestly say how good it is https://sakinorva.net/test/rowe#my_results , but it will rate you on all of the types.