Thread: EII - INFjs relation with people emotions

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII - INFjs relation with people emotions

So, tell me, do you ever considered yourself as a "mind reader" from the emotional states of others? How do you deal with others emotional states? And are all EIIs have that emotionless face like me?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, I think I can "heart read" because I always have an assumption of how other people feel/could feel, but it's not usually confirmed and alot of the times either I feel like I could be wrong or I actually am wrong. Sometimes I can feel people's potential emotions, like if I'm in a room with someone who is vegan, but another person who doesn't know they are vegan just starts bad mouthing vegans I can feel bad or offended for that person, because I think "if that was me this is how I would feel" and I think they feel that way but don't ever know for sure, I always leave a situation with a whole narrative of what people in the room could have potentially been feeling, but never know for sure. Yea I do have a pretty emotionless or angry looking face, but it's my normal face. I've either been told I look like I hate the world or I always look high.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t know about reading other people’s minds but I tend to be emotionless externally
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EIIs don't seem to be mind readers but given enough time, they do seem to be able to predict where peoples' emotional states are going and can be quite good at devising strategies to alter their trajectories. They don't seem to think well on their feet so can be caught off guard by unexpected outbursts of emotion, and often their defence is to detach (mentally step back) and not show emotion. Reaction to displays of emotion seems to be felt more when they're alone doing their analyses. Emotionless faces are signs of detachment from the environment and all Ijs can be accused of that....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really think I can directly read minds, however I do immediatly get an idea what a new person is like (energy level, insecurities etc) after just speaking to them very shortly. I see this just by the look on their face, how they speak, what they wear etc. All in all I make a lot of assumptions. Also yes, people have told me to smile more often.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, recently I was out with a friend at an amazing event, and they were in a silent bad mood, and that affected my ability to enjoy the event, somehow their bad mood was taking my mood down, idk probably an Fe thing, but their emotions definitely affected mine. But it was a fight in me to ignore their emotions and just enjoy myself. A struggle to not get caught up in their mood and experience the mood I wanted to.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it depends, some people wear their emotions on their sleeves and you can tell smth is off, others are super guarded and can hide their turmoils so that it's very hard to detect, but if you know the person, you can notice smth is off by small details... yeah I guess that if I know someone well I can tell how they're feeling even if they're not outspoken about it.

in general I try to empathize, get in tune with what the other is feeling, make questions, and if it's a bad situation they're dealing with I try to help make them feel better somehow.. if it's a nice situation I tend to be energized by the atmosphere, unless I'm dealing with smth bad myself

TIM
    EII-INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I'm new here and I'm not sure if I meet people's criteria for being an EII, but I'm excited to contribute anyway.

I've never considered myself to be a mind reader. Instead, I find myself projecting my own emotions onto other people. People generally don't count on me to deal with their emotional states, lol. But my face can be a problem, haha... not emotionless, just depressed-looking or grumpy.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Hello. I'm new here and I'm not sure if I meet people's criteria for being an EII, but I'm excited to contribute anyway.

I've never considered myself to be a mind reader. Instead, I find myself projecting my own emotions onto other people. People generally don't count on me to deal with their emotional states, lol. But my face can be a problem, haha... not emotionless, just depressed-looking or grumpy.
    There is a term for EIIs with grumpy faces that can't read other people's emotional states: SLIs!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post

Just kidding, I have no real opinion about your type.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII-INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    There is a term for EIIs with grumpy faces that can't read other people's emotional states: SLIs!
    Haha. I don't know anything about SLIs but now I'm interested so I'll read up on them.

This resonates with me regarding the emotional sphere:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    uh, I think I can "heart read" because I always have an assumption of how other people feel/could feel, but it's not usually confirmed and alot of the times either I feel like I could be wrong or I actually am wrong. Sometimes I can feel people's potential emotions, like if I'm in a room with someone who is vegan, but another person who doesn't know they are vegan just starts bad mouthing vegans I can feel bad or offended for that person, because I think "if that was me this is how I would feel" and I think they feel that way but don't ever know for sure, I always leave a situation with a whole narrative of what people in the room could have potentially been feeling, but never know for sure.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very sensitive to people's emotions, and try to remain in-tune with them, including in group settings. I am also pretty good at predicting how people would react, what they would say in certain situations. In the moment, I don't always know how to react/respond to it especially if they are negative emotions but I internally keep my finger on the pulse. I spend time daydreaming about imagined conversations, what people would say, and I think of different possibilities and imagined conversations.

It doesn't get to the point of being a mindreader per say, but if I know a person well enough, or someone is similar to other people I know, I pick up on certain patterns. And cause-effect, if something happened to someone, what they will do next. While being socially awkward, people, their interests, their quirks interest me, and I want the people around me to be generally happy.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farag View Post
    And are all EIIs have that emotionless face like me?
    F types have no emotionless face, as common and very majority.
    There is significant difference, noticable in nonverbal too, in common emotional expression level (including it naturality) for T and F types. Fi types have lesser of loud surface and exagrated emotional expressions than Fe, but anyway are and perceived as emotional "warm" people.
    If to exclude rare disorders, then to have low emotions in nonverbal means T type. Either you underesteemate about your emotional expression or your type is T. Mistakes in types are not rare.

Also there can be IR reasons. I know one Fi - emotional in my perception woman about who some other people said as cold one. I suspect those are Fe types or Fe valued and decide by own standards. She may be more restrained than Fe types in Fe related nonverbal expressions and so to be perceived as colder one for those people. But if they'd compared her with average of T types - mb they'd decided the opposite.

-

From your profile.
    "Biography: fuck Off"
    Fi types prefer to be polite and are not rude without serious and rare cases. So to have EII is rather doubtful for you. Most possibly it's Fe valued type.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured out i'm actually enneagram 5 that's why i look detached and i have this "emotionless" face. and that "emotionless face" is written on EII personality description so that's why i thought it was me.

That's what i mean:

The ethical subtype appears polite, restrained, and impassive. Usually keeps some distance in communication, at times seems cold, firm, and unemotional. In the process of dialogue, however, this impression gradually dissipates as he begins to sympathize and shows his desire to help and assist. Serious, calm, and well-wishing person. Quite insightful but reserved and rarely shares his observations. Fastidious and tactful. Doesn't know how to joke, feels afraid of saying something in excess. During arguments prefers to leave silently without resorting to diplomacy. Very hardworking, meticulous, patient, and diligent. Intolerant of violence and injustice. Consistent and firm in his principles. Able to create comfort, decorates his home with hand-made items. Knows how to work with his hands. Pays attention to his health and appearance; in appearance is usually neat and prim. Rarely smiles. His gaze seems guarded. Dresses modestly but with taste, in presence of sufficient funds even in exquisite manner. His movements are smooth, yet constrained. His gait is quick and light, somewhat restrained, at times pattering. Sits straight and seldom gesticulates in conversation.
    Source

and i somehow agree to what you said EII maybe doesn't look like me alot. just little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    F types have no emotionless face, as common and very majority.
    There is significant difference, noticable in nonverbal too, in common emotional expression level (including it naturality) for T and F types. Fi types have lesser of loud surface and exagrated emotional expressions than Fe, but anyway are and perceived as emotional "warm" people.
    If to exclude rare disorders, then to have low emotions in nonverbal means T type. Either you underesteemate about your emotional expression or your type is T. Mistakes in types are not rare.
    I don't know what is this.

Also there can be IR reasons. I know one Fi - emotional in my perception woman about who some other people said as cold one. I suspect those are Fe types or Fe valued and decide by own standards. She may be more restrained than Fe types in Fe related nonverbal expressions and so to be perceived as colder one for those people. But if they'd compared her with average of T types - mb they'd decided the opposite.
    Maybe just an overdeveloped Te, and i didn't say it in anyone's face to call it 'rudeness', its on my profile.
    but I'm sure that i'm an Fi-Dom.

From your profile.
    Fi types prefer to be polite and are not rude without serious and rare cases. So to have EII is rather doubtful for you. Most possibly it's Fe valued type.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...From your profile.
    LOL, I would have the same conclusion to that.

I figured out i'm actually enneagram 5 that's why i look detached and i have this "emotionless" face. and that "emotionless face" is written on EII personality description so that's why i thought it was me.

That's what i mean:
    Source...
    That won't matter to Sol, who has made it abundantly clear he thinks subtypes are a bunch of hooey. (I adamantly disagree). Also my close EII-Fi friend has that solemn, level face at rest (which transforms to a radiant smile when engaged) so I know what you are saying about that.

...Maybe just an overdeveloped Te, and i didn't say it in anyone's face to call it 'rudeness', its on my profile.
    but I'm sure that i'm an Fi-Dom.
    It didn't seem to me that you were trying to be rude, but endeavoring to be entertainingly frank? Anyway, maybe you are Fi-dom, but that comment makes me think of the EIE, who prefers to keep her personal inner depths to herself. But she openly shares her lively and varied feelings about many things. And not only does she know just what people will enjoy hearing, but she dishes it entertainingly.

I think Sol considers himself LSE, but that research into your profile is very introspectively pragmatic, which fits with the strong LSI impression that hits me every time I read what he writes.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    LOL, I would have the same conclusion to that.

That won't matter to Sol, who has made it abundantly clear he thinks subtypes are a bunch of hooey. (I adamantly disagree). Also my close EII-Fi friend has that solemn, level face at rest (which transforms to a radiant smile when engaged) so I know what you are saying about that.

It didn't seem to me that you were trying to be rude, but endeavoring to be entertainingly frank? Anyway, maybe you are Fi-dom, but that comment makes me think of the EIE, who prefers to keep her personal inner depths to herself. But she openly shares her lively and varied feelings about many things. And not only does she know just what people will enjoy hearing, but she dishes it entertainingly.

I think Sol considers himself LSE, but that research into your profile is very introspectively pragmatic, which fits with the strong LSI impression that hits me every time I read what he writes.
    This is the truth. I can confirm this not just with myself, but also another EII I knew who looked morbidly depressed and then when you speak to her her face opens and lights up with a smile.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    I am very sensitive to people's emotions, and try to remain in-tune with them, including in group settings. I am also pretty good at predicting how people would react, what they would say in certain situations. In the moment, I don't always know how to react/respond to it especially if they are negative emotions but I internally keep my finger on the pulse. I spend time daydreaming about imagined conversations, what people would say, and I think of different possibilities and imagined conversations.

It doesn't get to the point of being a mindreader per say, but if I know a person well enough, or someone is similar to other people I know, I pick up on certain patterns. And cause-effect, if something happened to someone, what they will do next. While being socially awkward, people, their interests, their quirks interest me, and I want the people around me to be generally happy.
    Well damn, I thought I was original.