Thread: Hey, guys, who had taken the jungian archetype test?

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey, guys, who had taken the jungian archetype test?

Sorry for my english lol.

Who had taken this Jungian Archetype test?

My result was the Joker Archetype 73% in my 'Persona' and 'Self'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Persona
    72.5 Joker
    71.5 Innocent Child
    70.5 Wise Old Man, Hero, Magician
    68.5 Great Father, Caregiver
    64.5 Great Mother

Self
    74.5 Joker
    72.5 Innocent Child
    70.5 Wise Old Man, Hero
    68.5 Great Father, Caregiver
    67.5 Magician
    64.5 Great Mother

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NICE as HELL

How are you bro......

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Innocent Child and Joker (with a dash of Hero and Wise Old Man)

Self-
    73%- Innocent Child
    73% - Joker
    72%- Hero
    69% - Wise Old Man

Persona-
    73%- Joker
    %- Innocent Child
    %- Hero
    %- Wise Old Man

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4 LEVF
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self 70% Wise old man
    Persona 70% Innocent child

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh LoL, its like nobody understands because you an innocent child but deep down a wise old man lol

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm a party pooper, but please don't take this test seriously. Maybe you didn't, it's just play, but I just want to say that they have probably misunderstood Jungian psychology.

The Self: This means the totality of the psyche. This contains your whole personality - conscious and unconscious. All the archetypes, all experience, life, anything. Anything that can be said to be psychic (part of the psyche's totality). This totality is impossible to ever grasp because we (the conscious Ego) are just a small part of it and we lack the perspective needed.

The Self can also refer to the archetype of the Self. This is the archetype of meaning that can present itself as "Wise old man" in mythology. People experience this as a "higher will" or "higher meaning". That my life has a purpose that is more than my personal will. The Self can be projected for example on kings and prophets. If people get in touch with the archetype of the Self it usually happens in the latter half of life.

As individuals we are just Ego. However, people can sometimes identify with archetypes, because archetypes have this seductive power over us. This is called possession. It's not healthy though, because we, as conscious individuals are never more than the Ego. As we live and grow the Ego can expand and connect with archetypes, but it happens slowly in a certain order. Becoming "whom we really are" is a life-long process of integration of previously unconscious psychic material. But it is not identification with any archetype. We are not archetypes. An example of this integration is that men tend to get more in touch with their inner unconscious femininity as they grow old, and vice versa for women.

Persona is an approximation for society of our real personality. A doctor acts a certain way, a psychologist a certain way, and then the real personality remains (partly) hidden. We all do this. People act differently in intimate situations (without persona), than out in everyday life. People have different personas depending on their work and society around them, so I don't see how it can be labelled with a certain archetype like in the test. Persona is necessary for life in society and it's ok, as long as the individual understands that "he is not really what he appears to be".
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I know I'm a party pooper, but please don't take this test seriously. Maybe you didn't, it's just play, but I just want to say that they have probably misunderstood Jungian psychology.

The Self: This means the totality of the psyche. This contains your whole personality - conscious and unconscious. All the archetypes, all experience, life, anything. Anything that can be said to be psychic (part of the psyche's totality). This totality is impossible to ever grasp because we (the conscious Ego) are just a small part of it and we lack the perspective needed.

The Self can also refer to the archetype of the Self. This is the archetype of meaning that can present itself as "Wise old man" in mythology. People experience this as a "higher will" or "higher meaning". That my life has a purpose that is more than my personal will. The Self can be projected for example on kings and prophets. If people get in touch with the archetype of the Self it usually happens in the latter half of life.

As individuals we are just Ego. However, people can sometimes identify with archetypes, because archetypes have this seductive power over us. This is called possession. It's not healthy though, because we, as conscious individuals are never more than the Ego. As we live and grow the Ego can expand and connect with archetypes, but it happens slowly in a certain order. Becoming "whom we really are" is a life-long process of integration of previously unconscious psychic material. But it is not identification with any archetype. We are not archetypes. An example of this integration is that men tend to get more in touch with their inner unconscious femininity as they grow old, and vice versa for women.

Persona is an approximation for society of our real personality. A doctor acts a certain way, a psychologist a certain way, and then the real personality remains (partly) hidden. We all do this. People act differently in intimate situations (without persona), than out in everyday life. People have different personas depending on their work and society around them, so I don't see how it can be labelled with a certain archetype like in the test. Persona is necessary for life in society and it's ok, as long as the individual understands that "he is not really what he appears to be".
    So, you are a wise old man too?

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haaah kiddin' lol.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Self: Hero
    Persona: Innocent child

I actually got the joker highest for both of them but I don't think that fits at all, and was probably only because of putting neutral on some of them. the runner-ups made more sense.

TIM
    IEE-fi
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got joker in both Light hearted, sociable and fun to be around.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self: wise old man

Persona: joker bottom text

TIM
    Uniquely Typeless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got, "the Joker," as the highest score for the self and persona with, "the Hero," coming in second (also for both).