Thread: Make sure to have someone else type you!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Make sure to have someone else type you!

I've been fairly into Jung, socionics psychology for the past few years.

Before, I didn't even know if I was an extra or introvert.

I typed myself INFP early on - and never questioned it.. always reading more ( Most of Jung + socionics) and constantly confirming this view.

Recently I decided to see a Jung analyst. I would have never have through in a million years I typed myself wrong, I confirmed it, or so I thought, through much reading and making sense of my past over and over.

Well, a few sessions in and she types me as an INTp. She's an INFp.

I think it' super funny and fascinating how I was able to convince myself of what I was not.... INTp's can be very extraverted and interested in people more so then systems which what you through me off about the thinking over feeling orefe

Any other stories about being retyped after a long period of thinking your one type?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think she is right about your type? Do you know how well your analyst knows typology? How did she learn it? Not all Jungians are that good at it, although some are.

Socionics gives you pretty good tools to confirm your type, if you just keep typing people you meet and have more and more experience from relationships. working with people etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    So you think she is right about your type? Do you know how well your analyst knows typology? How did she learn it? Not all Jungians are that good at it, although some are.

Socionics gives you pretty good tools to confirm your type, if you just keep typing people you meet and have more and more experience from relationships. working with people etc.
    Yes based on the fact that I connect to the world and others through Te. However since extraverted early in life via parents thought it was Fe. There qualifications are substantial. 30+ years psychotherapy, 10 years+ Jung analyst and we had had 5 hours of sessions at this point
    Last edited by Pydex; 02-19-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People hardly know what is an an extrovert or an introvert in the first place. My IEI sister goes by the stereotype of extrovert = socialite so she types me as an introvert [therefore I do not ever trust an IEI in these matters because it is usually either a stereotype or their own preference in most cases, sorry]. You can not be mad scientist and extrovert because you do not sleep around with everyone.

Then I go and ask outsiders who do not know me and most of them say that I am clearly an extrovert. They hardly doubt it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by RBRS; 03-09-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most people get a clearer picture of themselves as they grow older but many egocentrics can't and the oblivious don't even look. Ips can be very insightful of others but seem to have great difficulty with self-evaluation because they tend to be overly guarded, and suspicious of what others may say. Ips seem to metaphorically build castles of assumptions, behind which they defend themselves. When one never leaves a castle and only peers out, it hard to get a true picture of it as seen from the outside; one eventually has to accept what others say as plausible.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Most people get a clearer picture of themselves as they grow older but many egocentrics can't and the oblivious don't even look. Ips can be very insightful of others but seem to have great difficulty with self-evaluation because they tend to be overly guarded, and suspicious of what others may say. Ips seem to metaphorically build castles of assumptions, behind which they defend themselves. When one never leaves a castle and only peers out, it hard to get a true picture of it as seen from the outside; one eventually has to accept what others say as plausible.....

a.k.a. I/O
    Well said... finding out I was actually INTp rather then INFp was a huge blow to my ego...but one that is meant to be meant for laughter and a reminder to only look at these things as guidelines and helpful to an extent. I also learned I mistyped my significant other because of the strong projections I was putting on her....another blow to the ego..but also a step up in humility.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Then I go and ask outsiders who do not know me and most of them say that I am clearly an extrovert. They hardly doubt it.
    Yes, I've noticed that the people who know me for a long time always think I'm an introvert (I actually am, though). People who only know me in social interactions always say I'm an extravert, because they don't see the 95% of the time that I spend alone. lol