Thread: is there a socionics dynamic that feels like parenthood?

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default is there a socionics dynamic that feels like parenthood?

i have to assume it's something like supervisor/supervisee relations because that seems inherently like a power dynamic where one opinion is given more credence than the other.
    i've heard the idea that one parent's type is usually passed down to their kid, which i still have in my head for some reason but i don't know if that's actually true. my own parents for example i don't think i inherited either of their types.
    anyway ya just curious

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know for sure but if I had to chose ITR it would be "Identical" and "Business" imho. It's the "parent figure" substitute, reminiscent of the mentor archetype you see often in literature, movies etc... We all know that line "You remind me of myself when I was your age", it's as if the parent figure is transmitting his or her dream (often unfulfilled) and values to his or her identical/Business . It feels like a second chance.

Of course by definition the Parent figure is just that, and doesn't necessarily reflects a pattern other than maybe an influence on the role function of the pupil. Indeed, we tend to forget that the super-ego functions are also "used" at home esp in adolescence which is an infamous rebellious period regardless of the ITR between the teenager and the parents. Even with "identical" parents (either one or both) the adolescent will still be rebellious from the parents perspective for reasons inherent to functions development. Exceptions aside, we almost all felt at one point that our parents were "not cool" just to find out several years latter that we were the morons not them ! It's just the way it is !

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does parenthood feel like? Idk if there's a pattern to that, but I think maybe benefit relations would seem like an adult taking care of the baby/child (creative > suggestive).

Also my parents have pretty different types in comparison to me, both are introverted and sensors, my father is my conflictor.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benefit relationship

From this page :

The Beneficiary thinks of the Benefactor as an interesting and meaningful person, usually over-evaluating them in the beginning. The Beneficiary can be impressed and delighted by their partner's behaviour, manners, thoughts and their ability to easily deal with things that the Beneficiary conceives as complicated. When partners are together, the Beneficiary involuntarily starts to ingratiate themselves with the Benefactor, trying to please them without any obvious reason. In the worst cases this starts from little things and then becomes bigger until the Beneficiary realises the foolishness of their situation.

The Beneficiary can see the weakness of the Benefactor, wishing to help their partner to strengthen themselves. Because the strongest point of the Beneficiary is the weak and unconscious point of the Benefactor, the Beneficiary is convinced that they are able to help. However, when the Beneficiary tries to help, the Benefactor usually refuses the help without any good explanation. The Beneficiary usually listens to every word the Benefactor says but there is no feedback, the Benefactor can not hear the Beneficiary. This may be sometimes unpleasant and even irritating for the Beneficiary.

The Benefactor accepts the Beneficiary as somebody who is lower in rank or social position and often undervalues them in the beginning. The reason for this is that the Benefactor feels that the Beneficiary needs something from them, that special something that only the Benefactor can provide. Therefore the Benefactor naturally finds themselves in an advanced position in respect to the Beneficiary, but are at the same time willing to encourage and take care of the Beneficiary
    Also : Duality , Activity , Semi duality and Mirage , all these ITR can turn into parenting dynamic with credence since each side is strong in either some or all functions that the other side is weak in , so you'll for sure learn something and trust the other person
    Last edited by Squirrel; 09-08-2023 at 12:54 AM.
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yea I 2nd what @godslave is saying.

Older identicals will [potentially] feel like your mom or dad - younger ones will [potentially] feel like your son or daughter.

Benefit feels more like an aunt/uncle thing idk? lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Scalding Gayser View Post
    yea I 2nd what @godslave is saying.

Older identicals will [potentially] feel like your mom or dad - younger ones will [potentially] feel like your son or daughter.

Benefit feels more like an aunt/uncle thing idk? lol
    I actually also think duals and or activators across generations does as well. Regardless of types. And not even intuitively always being the older one as the parent. Depends on the confidence level

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The closest fiting would be good IR, especially duality which has a sympathy and gives a possibility for useful caring what can be compared with parenthood relations. But it's for both sides, which in own strong regions are alike a "parent" for other one and in own weak regions alike a "child" for other one. You are a "parrent" and a "child" in the same time for each other.
    People having a region weaker are often perceived "childish" there. Good IR add a sympathy to this impression, hence a wish to do a care about other one there and more positive acceptance of such caring from other human. With bad IR, a try of caring from your strong function in nonvalued and weak (for other human) region has good chance to be perceived negatively or underesteemated.

> supervisor/supervisee

This kind of IR is negative. Subrevising generally is perceived without a high sympathy, what would be against common for parrent relation. Revisor is more interesting for subrevising, but lacks a sympathy common from a child to parrent.
    The idea of one totally being above other one would be not about revising/order IR too, as revisor/orderer has one function weaker.