Thread: ASMR

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ASMR

What types do you think produce ASMR videos?
    Which types do you think watch it?

I think a lot of 3s do it. Especially the more sexualized ASMR videos. Then maybe some 2s and 4s. I just realized I narrowed in on the heart triad.

I think a lot of 6s and 9s are the audience.
    I can't imagine many 8s or 1s being into it. And it probably would be to much sensory input for 5s.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bob Ross is my ASMR.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like ASMR because it calms me down. And also the tingly sensation is nice. I greatly dislike the sexualised ASMR tho, and the mouth sounds ASMR too... I just like the whispering ones or where they show cool items. I watch before I go to bed, but not too often. (I'm a 6w7 for reference.)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh its cool when its there but i wouldnt normally seek it out (like ill watch a few min for the experience then hasta luego once bored)

i can see most Si egos/suggestives being into it
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about being the creator of more visual ASMR before and tried my hand with some items I had and my phone camera lol, but I think I should be focusing on some other things in life. As for responding to it, my best luck with ASMR has been in the wild at very odd moments and can be described as more of a warm sensation throughout my body and a sense of extreme calm (I’ve never had the spine tingle). I think visual ASMR with sounds included is nice, but as mentioned I don’t get tingles and I don’t care much for the people speaking videos and definitely not eating (though I’ve responded to people speaking at random moments in my daily life).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ASMR Prim is Si. And probably SEI. She has a lot of different objects and decorative stuff that gives her a kind of dreamy innocent aesthetic. Like she loves everything or something, I don't know lol.

I like fastASMR a lot. Sometimes I just lay down and listen and go to sleep. I think she's maybe ESI though. So there's probably something to the Si idea.
    previously Megadoodoo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Bob Ross is my ASMR.
    Maybe he was the first?
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Based on 16personalities.com results for 77 Youtube ASMR artists who gave a fairly unambiguous result (who didn't say that they often typed differently in the past), 26% were INFP, 19% were INFJ, 14% were ENFP, 8% were ISFP, 6% were ENFJ, 6% were INTJ, 5% were INTP, 4% were ESFJ, 3% were ENTJ, 3% were ISFJ, 3% were ISTP, 1% were ENTP, 1% were ESFP.

66% were NF club, 16% were NT club, 8% were SF club, 0% were ST club. 70% were introverts, 30% extroverts.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1583854

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Subteigh

Criticism from my mighty intuition and a little of logic.

Test's low accuracy and small number of typed people may say: 1) NF are among most common, 2) there are some more introverts [can be counted other dichotomies too, as for example should be more F]. Other data is rather more doubtful, or just doubtful being close to accidental.
    1 - can be explained by artistism style. it's not about ASMR itself, it's secondary style to get more views. and it's those who you could easier notice due to higher number of views, which is based on the style. Also some influence is from higher wish of NF types to do psychology tests.
    2 - should be general for bloggers, as for introverts blogging being homework should be more attractive

Resume
    Your measurement have shown higher number of artististic predisposed NF bloggers among those having a popularity in one of YT genres. And a predisposition of introverts for home based occupations. To say about other needs higher accuracy and bigger number of people.
    Last edited by Sol; 11-14-2023 at 08:55 AM.

sp/so 8w9 863 VFEL SCUEN Asshole's Avatar
    TIM
    CS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Based on 16personalities.com results for 77 Youtube ASMR artists who gave a fairly unambiguous result (who didn't say that they often typed differently in the past), 26% were INFP, 19% were INFJ, 14% were ENFP, 8% were ISFP, 6% were ENFJ, 6% were INTJ, 5% were INTP, 4% were ESFJ, 3% were ENTJ, 3% were ISFJ, 3% were ISTP, 1% were ENTP, 1% were ESFP.

66% were NF club, 16% were NT club, 8% were SF club, 0% were ST club. 70% were introverts, 30% extroverts.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1583854

Is it me, or is asmr the most vile thing ever. I have never been so repulsed be something so much

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Is it me, or is asmr the most vile thing ever. I have never been so repulsed be something so much
    There was notably not a single SLE ASMR artist.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Subteigh

Criticism from my mighty intuition.

Test's low accuracy and small number of typed people may say: 1) NF are among most common, 2) there are some more introverts [can be counted other dichotomies too, as for example should be more F]. Other data is rather more doubtful, or just doubtful being close to accidental.
    1 - can be explained by artistism style. it's not about ASMR itself, it's secondary style to get more views. and it's those who you could easier notice due to higher number of views, which is based on the style. Also some influence is from higher wish of NF types to do psychology tests.
    2 - should be general for bloggers, as for introverts blogging being homework should be more attractive

Resume
    Your measurement have shown higher number of artististic predisposed NF bloggers among those having a popularity in one of YT genres. And a predisposition of introverts for home based occupations. To say about other needs higher accuracy and bigger number of people.
    A test that is inspired by the Big Five is likely to be pretty accurate, certainly compared to the average Socionics test.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hate ASMR. It gives me the creeps and makes me want to nuke the place where this is happening.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good, I'd rather hear the sounds of bombs or broken plates than that vile thing people call asmr.

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I hate ASMR. It gives me the creeps and makes me want to nuke the place where this is happening.
    It triggers a violent emotion out of me as well

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Listen to "afterglow asmr sexy roommate sits on your lap while playing video games".
    You're just doing it wrong.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistus View Post
    Listen to "afterglow asmr sexy roommate sits on your lap while playing video games".
    You're just doing it wrong.
    How vile, too vile, further proof as to why ASMR should be illegal

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some ASMR is okay though. I like those Chinese youtubers that make incense ASMR or nail salon ASMR... Me personally I get overestimated easily so I prefer media that is low stimulating.

I also like those Ambient Videos where they show a moving picture of (let's say) the Slytherin common rooms and various sounds of potions, writing, fireplaces, characters talking maybe, and haunting echoes. Ambience can put you in the perfect mood for writing or you can place it in the background on your TV ! Like a fireplace ambience on your TV during the holidays /shrugs

ASMR can be cool, not just eating or weird mouth sounds. I love how much variety there is that I never get bored, and there's plenty of educational ASMR videos out there too so you could learn something along the way too. A lot of ASMR youtubers take time to decorate and make the scene come alive and sometimes the role-playing ones are funny as fuck too... lots of things to explore, really. I can't stand regular talking videos that much unless its something quick and to the point.