Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    Explicable morality in terms codified principles is more characteristic of Ti.

ESI doesn't preen over this much—for them, personal feelings are essentially self-evident truths and they're not going to reason with anyone about it.
    :/ if one's morality has no logical foundation and one can't argue for it's validity ...those are just subjective preferences... how is that morality? e_e wtf..

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    :/ if one's morality has no logical foundation and one can't argue for it's validity ...those are just subjective preferences... how is that morality? e_e wtf..
    You're not wrong… I wouldn't exactly call it 'morality' either.

There is an underlying order to it, but the foundation is one of sentiment as opposed to reason—a kind of 'passional logic'.

To whatever extent this happens to coincide with prevailing morality is purely incidental.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logic can tell you the best way to do something, but not what you should do.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Logic can tell you the best way to do something, but not what you should do.
    Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other, never merely as a means to an end, but always at the same time as an end.

Thus the third practical principle follows [from the first two] as the ultimate condition of their harmony with practical reason: the idea of the will of every rational being as a universally legislating will.

e_e.. yes it can. By applying it to the context of the situation you have your limited range of actions to chose from. It is certainly superior to going with "what I feel is right". What I feel is right might be brutal murder.

Outcomes however cannot be controlled. Causality is a thing and there are too many variables to keep track of to ensure a positive outcome, which makes intent important.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other, never merely as a means to an end, but always at the same time as an end.

Thus the third practical principle follows [from the first two] as the ultimate condition of their harmony with practical reason: the idea of the will of every rational being as a universally legislating will.

e_e.. yes it can. By applying it to the context of the situation you have your limited range of actions to chose from. It is certainly superior to going with "what I feel is right". What I feel is right might be brutal murder.

Outcomes however cannot be controlled. Causality is a thing and there are too many variables to keep track of to ensure a positive outcome, which makes intent important.

If you were living under Nazi rule and harboring a Jewish family in your attic, and a Nazi came to ask you whether you were harboring any Jews, would you say "yes?" If you say "yes", you're (indirectly) causing brutal murder, but if you say "no", you're no longer a disciple of Kant. What do you do?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you were living under Nazi rule and harboring a Jewish family in your attic, and a Nazi came to ask you whether you were harboring any Jews, would you say "yes?" If you say "yes", you're (indirectly) causing brutal murder, but if you say "no", you're no longer a disciple of Kant. What do you do?
    I was talking to an ESI about my brushes with the law around the world. She said that, during a tour of Israel at a time when US-Israeli relations weren't the greatest, she was in an alley and an Israeli asked her what country she was from. She lied and said "Canada."

I would not have lied. I'd have relied on either my own resources or the State department to get me out of trouble. However, in response to the Nazi question, I'd have lied.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I was talking to an ESI about my brushes with the law around the world. She said that, during a tour of Israel at a time when US-Israeli relations weren't the greatest, she was in an alley and an Israeli asked her what country she was from. She lied and said "Canada."

I would not have lied. I'd have relied on either my own resources or the State department to get me out of trouble. However, in response to the Nazi question, I'd have lied.
    That’s what naive, dumb Alphas would do. Who the hell would put themselves at risk by wasting time expecting someone else to bust you out.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    That’s what naive, dumb Alphas would do. Who the hell would put themselves at risk by wasting time expecting someone else to bust you out.
    Is there any reason you think Alphas would be particularly likely not to lie in self-defense aside from being naive and dumb? Just curious.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It depends on the regime. Some places only respect you if you have balls. Although stupidity can look a lot like fearlessness.

Lets say you have been picked up by the military for not having permission to be in that country and are being interrogated at 3 AM in a basement cell in the middle of the jungle. If you appear to be American, and fearless, your interrogators are going to wonder why you appear fearless. They may even return all your papers, apologize, and let you go on your way.

One thing that travel taught me is that in some countries, the Law is above Men, and in other countries, some Men are above the Law. And which countries are which are not always the ones you might expect.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

escape with them out the back be4 the Nazis bust in my door. Duh. Say nothing.

>b-but you must comply with the limited options I have given you!

No ! e_e

LOL Beta Quadra is all about revolutions but even in the most warlike Quadra, LSI serves as its society’s stabilizer. You can keep the gangs wars going at a steady rate.

As Gamma Hannah Arendt has aptly assessed,
    Revolutionaries do not make revolutions! The revolutionaries are those who know when power is lying in the street and when they can pick it up. Armed uprising by itself has never yet led to revolution.”
    See Elon Musk LSI, revolutionizing energy, automotive industry, spaceflight, tunneling, brain-machine interface and so on.. using things everyone already knew for decades. Its usually Alphas who seem to invent the means and betas who put them to use.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See Elon Musk LSI
    LSI? He's a living meme of LIE.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is on the list for LSI: https://socioniks.net/famouspeople/?...mousinspektora

I think ppl coming from MBTI communities tend to use stereotypes and interpret certain types wrong, then they get confused why they get typed as something they haven't considered be4 in socionics.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he does all the shitty things I don't want to do. *grimace-cringe-writhe

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon Musk LSI, revolutionizing energy, automotive industry, spaceflight, tunneling, brain-machine interface and so on.. using things everyone already knew for decades. Its usually Alphas who seem to invent the means and betas who put them to use.
    I doubt Elon Musk is LSI as there’s too much Ne coming from him and I’m hard pressed to be convinced that he would be C sub. I’ll ask G about that and see what he says.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actually a fair and ligit question, the central theme, that LSI will actually struggle with.