Thread: ESI-LSI Obvious Differences

TIM
    LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question ESI-LSI Obvious Differences

For the past month Iíve been trying to type myself and managed narrow it down to those two. Tests give me the LSI-Ti result but I canít be certain as ESI-Se is also extremely relatable. I donít quite understand whether having rigid moral principles and not compromising them have to do with Ti or Fi. Going by Quadras or Reinin Dichtonomies didnít work out since I donít completely identify with either.

In MBTI I am ISTJ 1w9 6w5 3w4 sp/so if that matters. Most people would convert it to SLI but Iím definitely PolR-Ne. Also MBTI ISFJ has Fe which I most certainly lack.

So my question is what are the most obvious differences between them so I can finally come to a conclusion?

As for another minor question, would my 6 fix more likely to be phobic or counterphobic in that combination? I donít seek out confrontations but refuse to back down when they happen.

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section and thanks in advance!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I assume you are female.

In my experience, LSI's are more sexually aggressive than ESI's, but that is a comparative measure and probably isn't useful in distinguishing between the two types in a single case.

Do you seek Fe or Te? That is a huge difference.

Do you use tools? LSI's use tools, ESI's tend to shop for clothes.

ESI's prefer to wear pastels and clothes with tasteful, broad patterns. LSI's tend to wear black and white, with red highlights.

ESI's can get outraged when someone tells them something they don't agree with. LSI's can be told anything at all, as long as it is the truth.

LSI's can make formidable technical writers, while ESI's are much better at vetting a given document for consistency.

LSI's often have encyclopedic knowledge of medicine or biology, while ESI's do not.

This last difference, along with your name, is the reason I think you are LSI.

Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think the above list is based on personal pattern observation over time, and this will be the way many questions generally will be approached, but experiences will vary. For example, my ESI cousin went through a period where she would ONLY wear black, white, and red, lol. This kind of approach to answering your question might still provide a gestalt that is useful to you (in spite of it's idiosyncratic inaccuracy) but I'm thinking about an approach that, alternatively, offers prioritization about what to analyze within the established materials. Ie focus on reinin, or something. (Meh on that.) I think a deep dive into the elements like Ti vs Fi, maybe? They're similar, but one is explicit (Ti) and the other implicit (Fi). With Fi, with the hard time you can have verbalizing understandable justifications, there can be a logic performed that, if pressured a lot, will eventually throw up it's hands at the fact that the other person just doesn't get the "obvious" that you can clearly just "get" (ie feel,lol). The path of your conclusions doesn't tend to trace like, on paper, very well. (Even if you're always right lol)

Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

PS if you "certainly lack" Fe, that would not be any ethical type, because of the unconscious strengths. However, I'm ESI and I would say the same (before seeing myself on video! Have you done that?)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESIs are petty and hold grudges.

Sorry. That's my bitterness creeping out.

Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm sure that as somebody able to self-type as an MBTI sensor, you're used to navigating through biases and misconceptions and stuff, lol. *self soothes*

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I'm sure that as somebody able to self-type as an MBTI sensor, you're used to navigating through biases and misconceptions and stuff, lol. *self soothes*
    In your defense, you seem genuinely nice.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience has been that LSIs can be quite critical and negative, and that they tend to be also fairly quiet and withdrawn most of the time -- if you're a believer in Enneagram, they seem mostly to be 5s and 6s. They generally have an attitude of "just get it done" toward work, and don't tend to complain too much if they're physically and mentally pushed to their limits, but on the other hand will often release brief torrents of criticism and complaints at any subject that irritates them.

ESIs are critical in a way, but in a more Fi-sense; for instance, they might instantly take a dislike (or a liking, but this seems somewhat less common, I think) to someone, for any number of reasons. But this kind of "negativity" seems much more surface-level than with LSIs, and passes quickly. I'm not entirely sure what their inner world is actually like, but they seem to generally have an attitude of "OK" to most things -- I think Fe-valuers at least might perceive them as having a blasť attitude toward life. IME, ESIs' Enneagram types seem mostly to be 3s, 6s, and 9s, in no particular order.

If you're a type 1, I'd think LSI to be probably more likely.

TIM
    LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

Yes I’m a female, what gave it away? Communicating with men comes easier to me but my friends tend to be quite sensitive. I’m always interested in learning practical things like using tools so that I can be self-sufficient. I study medicine, that’s why I’m knowledgeable in that regard.

@ashlesha

Well I think I lack Fe because I sometimes accidentally offend people and not realize unless someone points it out. It happens with my INFP best friend quite a lot. Also an INFJ close to me usually calls me insensitive even though I don’t mean to be. In videos if there are people close to me I laugh and joke quite a lot, but if I’m alone or with acquaintances I have a poker face or look angry. I’m not a really empathetic person when it comes to simply emotions, but if there is some injustice or insult towards a person I can get quite angry in their place.

My principles and justifications are actually quite straight-forward, just not terribly pragmatic. They are things like not lying, not littering, not cheating in class/games, not touching other peoples belongings without asking, stuff like that. I’ve been called an idiot more than once because I refuse to lie even when not doing so would obviously cost me. Also people say it’s easy to guess my reactions.

@Aramas

Well, I DO hold grudges and don’t feel terrible cutting someone out of my life if I feel justified.

@FreelancePoliceman

I’m super critical and a pessimist, I try to keep my whining to a minimum but my dissatisfaction tends to seep through my speech or my facial expressions.

I guess me being a 1w9 is what confused me in regards of Fi and Ti. I’m more likely to be an LSI I guess.

Thank you everyone for your responses! By the way does anyone have an answer to my 6 fix question?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrospira View Post
    @Adam Strange

Yes I’m a female, what gave it away? Communicating with men comes easier to me but my friends tend to be quite sensitive. I’m always interested in learning practical things like using tools so that I can be self-sufficient. I study medicine, that’s why I’m knowledgeable in that regard.

@ashlesha

Well I think I lack Fe because I sometimes accidentally offend people and not realize unless someone points it out. It happens with my INFP best friend quite a lot. Also an INFJ close to me usually calls me insensitive even though I don’t mean to be. In videos if there are people close to me I laugh and joke quite a lot, but if I’m alone or with acquaintances I have a poker face or look angry. I’m not a really empathetic person when it comes to simply emotions, but if there is some injustice or insult towards a person I can get quite angry in their place.

My principles and justifications are actually quite straight-forward, just not terribly pragmatic. They are things like not lying, not littering, not cheating in class/games, not touching other peoples belongings without asking, stuff like that. I’ve been called an idiot more than once because I refuse to lie even when not doing so would obviously cost me. Also people say it’s easy to guess my reactions.

@Aramas

Well, I DO hold grudges and don’t feel terrible cutting someone out of my life if I feel justified.

@FreelancePoliceman

I’m super critical and a pessimist, I try to keep my whining to a minimum but my dissatisfaction tends to seep through my speech or my facial expressions.

I guess me being a 1w9 is what confused me in regards of Fi and Ti. I’m more likely to be an LSI I guess.

Thank you everyone for your responses! By the way does anyone have an answer to my 6 fix question?
    @Arthrospira, I had an LSI GF who was clearly an e6. I don't think that either "phobic" or "counter-phobic" fit her the way it does ESI's. I think your explanation is more accurate.

"I don’t seek out confrontations but refuse to back down when they happen."

Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Reminds me of making this thread a couple years ago, cuz as far as I could tell it was a blend and not a distinct category. I think it is, for me too, anyway.

FWIW though, I'm accumulating (an uncompleted) LSI impression. Maybe after work I'll try to convert vibes into logic and explain why.

TIM
    LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it’d be best to call it a spectrum. I’m not that great with functions but maybe PoLR-Ne gives me that constant anxiety/security seeking, Creative-Se not trying to avoid confrontations/standing up for myself, being an introvert so that I don’t go around starting fights. I’m also comfortable arguing with people if I’m in the right in a legal sense. All that would probably put me in the middle/leaning cp. But if I look at my instincts I’m supposed to be extremely phobic.

Could the placement of Se in the stack along with the entire trifix be what determines c/cp?

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Well after reading the forums about XSI I can safely say that nobody likes us here either
    Are you also an ISFJ in MBTI or some other type?

Mentioned
    851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm not involved with MBTI enough to be dedicated to a type, but when it comes up I'm ISFP for convenience because I relate to Fi (not because I'm arty and flighty, or whatever). I relate somewhat to all the IJ types, though, and at first I typed INFP but in my most recent testing marathon a couple years ago, ISTJ was consistent.

You're welcome for the unnecessarily convoluted answer.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    964 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess it’d be best to call it a spectrum. I’m not that great with functions but maybe PoLR-Ne gives me that constant anxiety/security seeking, Creative-Se not trying to avoid confrontations/standing up for myself, being an introvert so that I don’t go around starting fights. I’m also comfortable arguing with people if I’m in the right in a legal sense. All that would probably put me in the middle/leaning cp. But if I look at my instincts I’m supposed to be extremely phobic.

Could the placement of Se in the stack along with the entire trifix be what determines c/cp?

Well after reading the forums about XSI I can safely say that nobody likes us here either
    Hah! I like LSI's. I like them entirely too much for my own good.

I also like ESI's, but they are harder to get to like me back. Lol.

a two horned unicorn renegade Homicidal Maniac 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some LSI's can give very long winded mono manic causalistic analysis to a problem which might lead people to think that he is the head figure of the concentration camp on some remote island.
    ESI's tend to size you up.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSIs are very literal. Only quantifiable things are acceptable and only quantifiable things are produced; there's very little ambiguity with them at all.
    ESIs prefer quantifiable input but often don't produce it for others; they can be quite ambiguous but hate it when someone else is. They seem to turn quantifiable information into the qualitative, which can make them rather inventive in an artistic sense.
    ESIs tend to have much thinner skins and seem less confident in themselves than LSIs, but this can be all for show. LSIs seem far more rigid, inflexible and or regimented while ESIs have a soft outer layer that covers an equally hard interior. To tell them apart, look for a soft coat, and if it's not there, think LSI......

a.k.a. I/O