Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ways you don't relate to your quadra

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate seeing the use of force and intimidation as a tactic for getting what you want. I also don't believe in authoritarian regimes or most militaristic campaigns.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite my merry exterior and joking~ I think I take things a lot more serious then other alphas? That and my relationships. I think cause I grew up in heavy Fi environment and heavy delta too. Idk…

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Despite my merry exterior and joking~ I think I take things a lot more serious then other alphas? That and my relationships. I think cause I grew up in heavy Fi environment and heavy delta too. Idk…
    I think that taking things seriously is fine for an Alpha? because like you say, externally within a group, you seem merry, which is FE... and then you save your serious side for outside of that..... so that all makes sense I think... also if you have FI demo, the relationship side of things makes also..... you just need to help your dual, as they are gonna suck at that....

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    I think that taking things seriously is fine for an Alpha? because like you say, externally within a group, you seem merry, which is FE... and then you save your serious side for outside of that..... so that all makes sense I think... also if you have FI demo, the relationship side of things makes also..... you just need to help your dual, as they are gonna suck at that....
    Definitely true for an old SEI friend of mine. She worried a lot about relationships in kind of an Fi way, but definitely Fe-valuing when in a group.

TIM
    EII-Ne-C
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely more emotionally expressive and competitive like that user up above said

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    I usually get famously well along with ILI's [given that their autism quotient is relatively low]. Probably true for most contrary pairs but not acknowledged enough.

LIE's might have too many citrus fruits in their anus while LII's might have too many onions in their eyes.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90% of my family is Delta so part of the Delta conservatism and family values stuck to me. But part of me deep inside rejects those values so I am really edgy in my opinions like Beta I am also competitive unlike most Alphas. However I would say most ILE are competitive in their fields of interest. This being said Alpha is the quadra I relate to the most, and the majority of my friendships were ILEs and SEIs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You probably feel that way OP cuz ur IEI- types don't always exist in a static box but across a chain of lineage that flows. IEIs are Betas but the most Gamma-like Beta naturally anyway really- and often distant & detatched from the other Betas. Although this is part of why I created my Model XXX personality theory system because I feel like an Alpha-like Beta even though in a Te sense- IEIs are always on the cusp of both Beta and Gamma anyway. It was an attempt to sort of give some logical cohesion to the nuances and irregulaties that didn't make sense to me. Yeah it's also because you are F type and we are naturally two-faced & ambivalent by default I suppose. xD

I hate seeing the use of force and intimidation as a tactic for getting what you want.

Deltas use force and intimidation to get what they want probably the most out of any of the quadras - but it's done under the mentality/guise that they get to behave this way because they are the most moral, righteous and heterosexual. ((Or could be some militant Gammas too idk)) Contrary to what some people believe I don't agree or condone when a SLE is a scary and corrupt amoral monster but I much prefer a monster that's honest about it rather than one that's stuck up their ass with smug virtue signaling. I guess it's like when Dawn screamed at Ben to be Glory- Glory was more obviously bad and gleefully content on inflicting pain, but Ben was a creepy 'nice guy' who was more than willing to throw Dawn under the bus save his own life even though technically he was a lot nicer and 'gooder' than Glory.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Contrary to what some people believe I don't agree or condone when a SLE is a scary and corrupt amoral monster but I much prefer a monster that's honest about it rather than one that's stuck up their ass with smug virtue signaling.
    "SLE monster" remind me of this scene...

Last edited by Tarnished; 11-01-2021 at 08:05 AM.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    "SLE monster" remind me of this scene...

IMHO Kratos is ESI in that game

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    IMHO Kratos is ESI in that game
    Nope. He just grow up and become more LSI-like.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate excessive negative drama

I don't compete on the hierarchy , although I'm aware of my position in it , who is higher and who is lower than me

In Stratiyevskaya's article on Beta complex, I didn't relate to the constant fear of being knocked down, or waiting for the right moment to knock down my opponents.

I relate to the rest, especially the "us vs them" attitude since I was in kindergarten

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate exploitation and all of the short sighted, inhumane practices that arise out of the profit motive
    Last edited by Averroes; 02-07-2023 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I've read a few times that Alphas are likely to participate in group drug use. The operative word might be "group", and I've just never happened to be in a group where anything harder than weed or alcohol was being passed around, but I'm averse to the idea of most anything that might change me somehow -- I don't even like to take medicine.
    I'm also Alpha (though SEI, not LII) and I feel the same exact way. I can't stand to take any substances that might change my behavior or alter my mind in any way. The only time I would do that is if I'm suffering from a serious mental illness and I need some sort of intervention, in which case, meds will have to do... haha.

Also, I know your post is practically 3 years old already (dang, 2020 was 3 years ago?? ) but it just spoke to me so much I felt the need to reply

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly relate to Alpha quadra a lot, but I think I also relate to Delta. Delta quadra has retired old person energy, and I kinda love that

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t relate to being cringe, having small dick energy with histrionics (people like Andrew Tate)
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12