Thread: Ways you don't relate to your quadra

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    @Number 9 large, how do you know they don't exist?

To your point, I do know at least two SLI Ones and can easily imagine how an Fi hidden agenda would enforce that personality structure. It seems like it would be common for SLI, maybe less so for ILI, and fairly uncommon for IEI.

But I also know Ones who are IEE, LSE, another IEI, and LII, and am pretty sure any type can be any enneagram type.
    You just said it yourself. You feel out of touch with ur quadra. You type as type 1. Go read up on type 1. Then go read up on beta quadra. Its contradictory information. Read IEI description, sound nothing like type 1. Open ur fucking mind. Read critically.

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So 1w?
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    SEIs (perhaps the Si subtype with heightened introversion?) are really just private. I remember when I got my first job it took me a year to tell my mother my boss' name. I wouldn't have realized I was witholding information hadn't she complained about it. This attitude I seem to have with everybody and what I've noticed is that even when I find out an important piece of information...it can take me a while to muster the patience to go through the interrogation session the other party will likely inflict on me. Simply put, 'sharing' is not natural to us (and we don't appreciate other people trying to control us, we may have an impulse to put 'them in their place' to the extent that a conversation spirals out of control so that we can make it clear where they stand. Not if the other person is intelligent enough, but an obvious jealous boyfriend who does not speak in the right tone we won't placate).
    Quoted for truth. Oh man, everything you said here I could say about my mom! Aahh! I think the "interrogating" quality you mentioned can be kind of a Beta thing. I forget which description says this, but we do love our intense questions and digging around in people's motives. My mom does not. She's very sensitive to tone, pressure, etc. If I'm not mindful of this she will 100% shut down. It's one of the areas of friction between us: I want to be able to express that I'm upset (within reason, of course), and I feel like she needs me to be happy and pleasant all the time in order to communicate, which is just....not how I roll, haha. Compromise on both sides is needed.

TIM
    SEI-Si
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I think this is a spot-on description. My SEI girlfriend is very sensitive about not feeling stupid. She can get upset if I ask her to explain something she said,
    Go read the SEI description. SEIs can have a hard time putting their thoughts into words, it has nothing to do with doubting our conclusion or capacity. In the case that her thoughts seem untranslatable, a SEI would not be likely to blame herself and just leave it at 'I just know'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12