Thread: lying and intuition

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lying and intuition

I believe I grew up with primarily sensing types in my family, and looking back, the role I played was mainly that of mediator and did so by... lying, using intuition. (There may be a better way to say this, but that is escaping me right now).

Things such as... my father going on a rampage on my sister (she did not follow his instructions that the knife should not go in the sink, as the water will rust it) and I defending her in some sense. "Yes, dad, you're right, it's just, we were in such a rush to get out the door today, that we let it get by us. It's only been a couple hours... surely, that's not enough time for it to rust?" "I guess not... just don't do it again." (we just forgot, we did not really give a shit, but my sister looked at me like 'how the hell did you make that up?'; used to pull this on a lot of my high school teachers and professors too).

Or... when someone else goes on a rampage ("I cannot believe he did that to me! You should have spoken up! That was not right!") It's like beginning to sense that the shit-throwing will happen soon unless I intervene. "Maybe he was just having a bad day... maybe he wouldn't normally have said something like that, perhaps give him another chance?" "You're right, maybe I am being too harsh."

What do you guys think?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that we use the tools we have to do the job that needs to be done.

It is a shame that your family is / was so unreasonable, but the skills you developed will help you in the future. The world is full of unreasonable Sensors.

Feeling as if you HAVE to intervene might be a problem. You don’t have to be the world’s fixer. You should feel free to walk away from some messes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

Do not get me wrong. Sometimes I would just say nothing and watch the sparks fly just because it was fun. Thanks for the concern regardless.

TIM
    ISFp
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure lying in those cases is related to intuition. Sensors can so it as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. Didn't explain myself as well as I should have.

Yeah, sensors can do it too - we all do "use" all information elements, just in different frequencies and in different areas of our psyche. But if intuition is that which is separate from tangible reality, then lying - which is also a fabrication, not something that happened in reality - would then be a function of intuition.

a two horned unicorn renegade Homicidal Maniac 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To get someone do something
    #1 can you own the triggers of others.

To get someone "understand" you
    #2 Can you be convincing enough.

Seems to be F/T depending on application and realm where it takes place aka N/S (having "vision" or "quick hands" for example).
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All types lie, but from my experience, Ni-types seem to have the best natural ability for it.........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    All types lie, but from my experience, Ni-types seem to have the best natural ability for it.........

a.k.a. I/O
    I knew I was good at something.

Cryogenic Sleep: Goodbye! Tommy's Avatar
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, intuitives lie to save their asses from cradle to grave. I think weak S makes them afraid of facing the consequences of their acts.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah, intuitives lie to save their asses from cradle to grave. I think weak S makes them afraid of facing the consequences of their acts.
    Been surviving that way all my teenage years, now that i'm older, thankfully i just avoid fucking up in general, but yeah. We're sneaky.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hey look I meant to walk into that wall. I was just testing you.