Secular humanism always rubs me the wrong way. The reasons it rubs me the wrong way are largely the reasons most forms of Christianity do. Secular humanism, Marxism, etc. tend to just feel like Christianity repackaged, honestly. Instead of "worship this human" it's "worship humans." As much as I dislike capitalism, I tend to want to blame the failures of Marxism in particular on what seems like the strong humanistic bent within it. Hasn't Marx read enough science fiction to know about Sturgeon's Law? I kid, Marx hasn't read any mid-20th-century science fiction seeing as he was long dead by then. I don't really believe people are fundamentally good, nor do I really believe people are fundamentally bad and in need of a savior, I just don't see much consistent in the concept of the rational ape Homo sapiens besides the general form and the hopefully-functional intellect, none of which leads me to feel like it's either inherently good or bad. I can't get behind the God-Emperor of Mankind, whether it's mainstream Christians telling me to worship the God-Emperor or secular humanists. I'm like Magnus or Ahriman, OK? The God-Emperor just simply doesn't impress me. What people worship the God-Emperor for, I'm better at myself. So why should I care? I feel no inclination to have blind obedience to something I feel superior toward. Under the assumption Jesus existed, which I think still seems overwhelmingly likely, I don't think Jesus would approve of mainstream Christianity. Heck, that's why I tell people to read the Bible so often, because no one can read the Bible and still actually believe in mainstream Christianity. And the "secular humanists" who wanted to overcome it seem to have taken the worst aspects of it and left behind the best, rather than vice versa.