43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maatje Benassi - ESTP - Zhukov

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chinese people do not seem to accept the story of the jumping coronavirus.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

These guys are surprisingly good.

The Rolling Stones Lyrics

"Living In A Ghost Town"

I'm a ghost
    Living in a ghost town
    I'm a ghost
    Living in a ghost town

You can look for me
    But I can't be found
    You can search for me
    I had to go underground
    Life was so beautiful
    Then we all got locked down
    Feel like a ghost
    Living in a ghost town

Once this place was humming
    And the air was full of drumming
    The sound of cymbals crashing
    Glasses were all smashing
    Trumpets were all screaming
    Saxophones were blaring
    Nobody was caring if it's day or night

I'm a ghost
    Living in a ghost town
    I'm going nowhere
    Shut up all alone

So much time to lose
    Just staring at my phone

Every night I am dreaming
    That you'll come and creep in my bed
    Please let this be over
    Not stuck in a world without end

Preachers were all preaching
    Charities beseeching
    Politicians dealing
    Thieves were happy stealing
    Widows were all weeping
    There's no beds for us to sleep in
    Always had the feeling
    It will all come tumbling down

I'm a ghost
    Living in a ghost town
    You can look for me
    But I can't be found

We're all living in a ghost town
    Living in a ghost town
    We were so beautiful
    I was your man about town
    Living in this ghost town
    Ain't having any fun
    If I want a party
    It's a party of one

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

illuminati knew!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An interesting report on the direction that business, in general, is taking in the time of Covid-19, by a guy on Twitter. I think he might be ILI, because he seems to be all about gloom and doom, but he has some interesting charts for those people who might be considering starting a business:

https://twitter.com/pueokeffer/statu...43006918381568

Personally, I've been wondering for a number of years how all the people in a closed system will fare with respect to employment as capitalism becomes more labor-efficient, social complexity rises, the number of innovations falls as we run up against limits on what is possible ("Where is my intergalactic teleporter?"), and the price of human replacements (oil) drops to the point where you can buy a barrel of oil (representing about five to ten years of human labor energy) for under $70. Oil replaces humans because it only costs $10 dollars per year for every person it replaces, rather than $10,000 or $50,000 for a human. And oil is getting cheaper. http://theoildrum.com/node/4315

I think the future could take one of two directions. One, we could see increasing inequality and concentration of wealth, which will lead to social stagnation and a new Middle Ages with a few kings and many serfs and the whole thing enforced by knights and supported by a Church.
    Alternately, we could see a shift in the distribution of the rewards of civilization to something nearer to what you see in a family, rather than a slave ship, in which case we might build a future that is a nice place to live.

I give the latter outcome about a 10% chance of happening.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-29-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks adam i want to start a business in facts

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    thanks adam i want to start a business in facts
    Facts are cheap, @ooo. What people will pay for is beliefs.

You should start a cult, like a religion like Scientology or a biased news service like Fox. Now, that's where the money is.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes yes that's all in my mind

also really I'm precticing on here telling people to stop believing heretic bs eheheheh, pay me

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    yes yes that's all in my mind

also really I'm precticing on here telling people to stop believing heretic bs eheheheh, pay me
    Lol. I'm tempted.

What I've seen is that LIE's need ESI's to keep them from doing stupid things. I'd pay for that.

One of the problems of social isolation is that it creates inefficiently long times between ideas and feedback and execution, to the point where an LIE can have an idea and will execute it before he gets a chance for feedback. An ESI around the place, monitoring decisions in real time, would probably fix that.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boh, I was telling my ESI sis about my projects and the problems I'd encounter due to the speculation in this business and she was like "that ain't a problem 'cause there's something called luxury market and people want to pay more if you sell them a good packaging", and I thought id never heard smth more stupid before, cause it goes against all my principles and I'm being way more careful than her and on the other hand I see her business oriented practicality but I find it super impractical for real people of the real poor world... I hope this quarantine will make people more ethical about their choices

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

back on top of running things fck coronavirus made out like bandit now having to makez up for time lost

i was on top of the fckin world when this stupid shit hit.

none of these government muthafuckas have a clue. i should be running shit.

i'm getting back on top now been grinding sick ass days at home working 18, 19, 20 hours

just runnin on pure instinct, GREED hehehehe. PURE EGO

Total egomania, total powermania. Just like a dark force of fckin' ego that shapes and destroys and changes the world around it.

I cn't believez i posted so much for consecutive days in a row here when coronavirus hit that shows you how fcked coronavirus is.

high as fuck on fckin' people over and gettin back ot the top of the mountain.

MONEY DOESN't SLEEP. JUST LIVIN IN THE SIN OF GREED> I GOT Rights to make money.

I aint breathin this air for free. The world got to pay me.

I aint' breathin the air not to be at the top of the mountain.

no mercy. rippin' out throats, cold as ice.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One thing that has been made clear to me by this business of “social distancing” and experiencing all interactions through a computer interface is that there are very real limitations on how deeply and complexly you can interact with someone.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    One thing that has been made clear to me by this business of “social distancing” and experiencing all interactions through a computer interface is that there are very real limitations on how deeply and complexly you can interact with someone.
    What, in general?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armed anti-lockdown protestors storm Michigan's state house.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...67u-story.html

Politicians wearing bullet-proof vests. There's quite literally nothing less democratic than using force to coerce elected representatives; these people are authoritarians who trample on other people's liberty.
    Last edited by xerx; 05-03-2020 at 05:24 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...67u-story.html

Politicians wearing bullet-proof vests; there's quite literally nothing less democratic than using force to coerce elected representatives. These people are authoritarians who trample on other people's liberty.
    Once you get outside Ann Arbor city limits, Michigan is pretty conservative. Remember the Oklahoma bomber, Timothy McVeigh? Michigan. The Michigan Militia? Michigan. Betsy DeVos, destroyer of public teacher's unions? Michigan. DeVos' brother Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater and fan of private armies? Michigan. When I was working as a factory rat in Southfield, one of my co-workers boasted that he and his biker buddies had burned a cross in the front yard of a black family that had the temerity to move into Redford. When I first started working in the tool-and-die factories in Detroit during my summers out of University, I asked one of the foremen why everyone in the plant was white. He said, and I quote, "We don't hire nig-gers here."
    In the 1920's, Michigan had more KKK members than any Southern state. https://www.michiganradio.org/post/k...mist-movements

Michigan is packed with Authoritarian morons. Most of them are racists. If I didn't live in Ann Arbor, I'd move to the West Coast.

I moved to Michigan because I got into the Physics Honors program at the U of M. In my first summer there, I looked for work in Detroit along Eight Mile Rd, and I remember the shock I had encountering the people there and the look of the place. I instantly resolved never to live anywhere near there. It's not just that it's not safe, or that it's your ability to bring violence vs. their ability to bring violence, it's the entire feel of the place. "Dehumanizing" would be a generous description of the place.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-01-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you get outside Ann Arbor city limits, Michigan is pretty conservative. Remember the Oklahoma bomber, Timothy McVeigh? Michigan. The Michigan Militia? Michigan. Betsy DeVos, destroyer of public teacher's unions? Michigan. DeVos' brother Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater and fan of private armies? Michigan. When I was working as a factory rat in Southfield, one of my co-workers boasted that he and his biker buddies had burned a cross in the front yard of a black family that had the temerity to move into Redford. When I first started working in the tool-and-die factories in Detroit during my summers out of University, I asked one of the foremen why everyone in the plant was white. He said, and I quote, "We don't hire no nig-gers here."
    In the 1920's, Michigan had more KKK members than any Southern state. https://www.michiganradio.org/post/k...mist-movements

Michigan is packed with Authoritarian morons. Most of them are racists. If I didn't live in Ann Arbor, I'd move to the West Coast.

I moved to Michigan because I got into the Physics Honors program at the U of M. In my first summer there, I looked for work in Detroit along Eight Mile Rd, and I remember the shock I had encountering the people there and the look of the place. I instantly resolved never to live anywhere near there. It's not just that it's not safe, or that it's your ability to bring violence vs. their ability to bring violence, it's the entire feel of the place. "Dehumanizing" would be a generous description of the place.
    I didn't know that; it's appalling.

From what I understand, Michigan also has a large number of African Americans and Muslim immigrants. It seems like a genuine powder keg.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    What, in general?
    I guess, in general. Really, the quality of the online interaction is limited, and the efficiency of data exchange is about 30%. A huge amount of data exchange takes place in very subtle ways. For just one example, video conferencing usually completely misses microexpressions.

You also can't hug someone online. Not that I want to hug the people I video conference with, but that's beside the point. I'm missing my Vitamin Fi. Lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I didn't know that; it's appalling.

From what I understand, Michigan also has a large number of African Americans and Muslim immigrants. It seems like a genuine powder keg.
    Dearborn has the largest Muslim population in the US. The city of Detroit is 82% black. Nevertheless, I don't think Michigan is a powder keg, exactly. Everyone separates, and the whites are quick to use violence (you saw the news in Lansing) whenever they feel the least bit threatened, so there isn't a big danger of large scale violence. And the Middle Eastern population is gradually dispersing throughout Southeast Michigan through ownership of gas stations, party stores, and the restaurant trade, so things are getting better. Once you get outside the major cities, the countryside is almost 100% white, and a lot of those people are redneck.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you get outside Ann Arbor city limits, Michigan is pretty conservative. Remember the Oklahoma bomber, Timothy McVeigh? Michigan. The Michigan Militia? Michigan. Betsy DeVos, destroyer of public teacher's unions? Michigan. DeVos' brother Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater and fan of private armies? Michigan. When I was working as a factory rat in Southfield, one of my co-workers boasted that he and his biker buddies had burned a cross in the front yard of a black family that had the temerity to move into Redford. When I first started working in the tool-and-die factories in Detroit during my summers out of University, I asked one of the foremen why everyone in the plant was white. He said, and I quote, "We don't hire nig-gers here."

It is a beautiful state though. I visited for a couple weeks back in, I don't know... around 2003, 2004? I visited a town with about 3,000 people that started with an M, and I visited a town on the other side of the main peninsula that was near Sault-Ste Marie. It was the first time I ever had venison, which I will admit, was tasty. I remember there was so much water throughout the state on my drives, and a scene of a horse against a sunset on quite flat land.

I could see where you are right about it being a more conservative state though. It's the same here in Arizona, and Arizona is also a beautiful place, but too many snowbirds and conservatives... : (

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    It is a beautiful state though. I visited for a couple weeks back in, I don't know... around 2003, 2004? I visited a town with about 3,000 people that started with an M, and I visited a town on the other side of the main peninsula that was near Sault-Ste Marie. It was the first time I ever had venison, which I will admit, was tasty. I remember there was so much water throughout the state on my drives, and a scene of a horse against a sunset on quite flat land.

I could see where you are right about it being a more conservative state though. It's the same here in Arizona, and Arizona is also a beautiful place, but too many snowbirds and conservatives... : (
    That town might have been Marquette. Yes, it is very pretty. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is very nice. I've vacationed there a lot. And yes, there is a LOT of water. Trees and water, that's Michigan, once you are outside the car factories of Detroit and the furniture factories of Grand Rapids. Michigan also produces more hay for horses than most states. Half the women on dating sites have pictures of themselves with their horses.

I've also visited Arizona often, mostly around Tucson, but other parts of the state, too. I like the place. Fantastic skies and air, but not much water, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right on lack of water lol, though I know some good spots, particularly around Tucson : ) I mean, I guess it's pretty weak in comparison still to a lot of places, lol. Yes the skies here are the best, I've seen some mind-blowing sunsets. You should also check out Sedona sometime if you ever come again (maybe you've been there already). I hope to visit Havasu Falls one day, explore more of the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, and about a million other places. I will do some research on Marquette and see if that may have been it!

[OTE=Adam Strange;1385356]That town might have been Marquette. Yes, it is very pretty. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is very nice. I've vacationed there a lot. And yes, there is a LOT of water. Trees and water, that's Michigan, once you are outside the car factories of Detroit and the furniture factories of Grand Rapids. Michigan also produces more hay for horses than most states. Half the women on dating sites have pictures of themselves with their horses.

I've also visited Arizona often, mostly around Tucson, but other parts of the state, too. I like the place. Fantastic skies and air, but not much water, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"True" Americans always get a pass from the right wing media machine. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think how they'd spin this incident if it had been ANTIFA; folks like Jordan Peterson would never shut up about how the left has been hijacked by "violent revolutionaries" intent on destroying Western values.
    Last edited by xerx; 05-03-2020 at 05:24 AM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website not available in Europe

René Descartes - I think, therefore I am

Johann Gottfried Herder - I feel, therefore I am

John and Jane Doe - We consume, therefore we are

I wonder how people differentiate between freedom and unrestricted egoism.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... never shut up about how the left has been hijacked by "violent revolutionaries" intent on destroying Western values.
    The left has already destroyed western values with their multicultural utopia.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Website not available in Europe

René Descartes - I think, therefore I am

Johann Gottfried Herder - I feel, therefore I am

John and Jane Doe - We consume, therefore we are

I wonder how people differentiate between freedom and unrestricted egoism.
    Try this one maybe: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ergency-powers. If that doesn't work, try googling "michigan armed protests coronavirus."

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Diversity is a Western value.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diversity is a Western value.
    Diversity and multiculturalism are the ultimate viruses for western societies.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diversity, multiculturalism is the ultimate virus for western societies.
    Diversity of opinion and diversity of belief is the linchpin of any ideology premised on freedom of conscience. Being exposed to things that you don't like is part and parcel of being free.

Regardless, much (if not most) of the Left is more open to assimilation than you seem to suggest. Even immigrants and their children tend to prefer assimilation and are embarrassed by other immigrants who don't.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to the Coronavirus The Sodom and Gomorrah Day will not be held this year.

Last edited by khcs; 05-02-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sssilly sssuspect from a ssspecific ssspeacies sssnooped accrosss the ssstreet sssecretly.

Last edited by khcs; 05-02-2020 at 09:12 AM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this one maybe: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ergency-powers. If that doesn't work, try googling "michigan armed protests coronavirus."
    Thanks.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that. Interacting with people in real time gives you a lot more data and allows you to express more data in turn. I believe we more or less evolved to communicate in real time. One significant component of real time interaction is non verbal communication, which happens regardless of one's intention to use it.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really? We already brought an end to the bourgeoisie and all the states they have set up over the past few centuries which act in their interest? We did it comrades! Worldwide communism achieved!

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Folks like Jordan Peterson would never shut up about how the left has been hijacked by "violent revolutionaries" intent on destroying Western values.
    Keep speaking of ghost and one might just show up.....

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Really? We already brought an end to the bourgeoisie and all the states they have set up over the past few centuries which act in their interest? We did it comrades! Worldwide communism achieved!
    Nice gun. You now where to stick it.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice gun. You now where to stick it.
    Indeed.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Communism through the back door

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I need exercise, Coke, a haircut and some hugs. < First World problems.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need exercise, Coke, a haircut and some hugs. < First World problems.
    Cocaine? Just drive over to Detroit

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast