Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
LSEs don't seem to like it when EIIs try to operate with Se or Ti, which can happen if an EII feels stressed or has been trained to use them. It seems to tend to come across like an insult for whatever reasons and they can react aggressively.

For example, a little while ago a LSE was helping me gather things when I was in a rush. They picked up a little ice chest that I was going to use to pack some food and almost put it on the table. The ice chest had been on the ground lots of places and I didn't want it on the clean table top. The LSE was moving quickly so I didn't have time to say, "Please don't put that there," so as the chest was almost on the table I put my hand in the way and pushed it back aside a little. The LSE made a funny face, said, "Oh," and then put it on the floor.

Later, it came out that the LSE was very bothered by that and interpreted it as me being nearly violent, definitely using too much physical force. From my perspective, that physical motion was my only choice if I wanted to keep the table clean, and according to my recollection the push was not very hard. However, it's entirely possible it was harder than it needed to be; often I have a hard time gauging that type of thing. The LSE, however, has a very good sense for that and interpreted my misjudgment as a personal offense.

Another example, in a general sense, is if/when I try to argue logically with an LSE. Particularly if they are of a higher intelligence / confidence, they lock up their defenses and will stubbornly argue back, often overwhelming me with their own logics. I find it very hard to "win" in such a situation, even if I'm convinced at my core that I'm right. They have their own competence in the "if A then B" sorts of trains, but then add in a bunch of grounded facts, which they tend to be more confident in than I am. And if they are convinced of the morality of something, heaven help you if you try to sway them, particularly head on (though they are definitely less confident underneath about morality, and that can create cracks that bear fruit later).

They also don't like outbursts of emotion, especially if they themselves have worked hard on their own predilections toward flares.

Critique on timing of things makes them really uncomfortable. They get kind of squishy, if that makes sense at all. So, for example, often I'll be communicating with them about things that need to be done and there will be some natural deadlines and more often than not the LSEs will cram the time with more than will be accomplished, and unless I'm delicate about how I approach what I see as an impending disaster they can get a bit bent out of shape. (The best way I've found to deal with that is to strategically bring up the problematic "what if"s and let them come to their own conclusions that they don't have enough time.) I've had to learn and practice that, though, because a lot of the time these things seem so obvious to me that I just blurt it out.
Yeah I have that same problem when I'm arguing with logical types. I know I'm right, but I can't back myself up, so I end up losing anyway lol. Some ethical types can beat me too. I've especially had issues with SEEs, of course.

Also, good that you mentioned the possibility that LSE reacts negatively to EII because they've been trained to use Se and Ti. Wish there were more elaboration on that.